What was the first game u played?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What was the first game u played?
Apprentice
Member # 3628
Profile Homepage #0
And how did you come across it?

My first game was Blades of Exile and i got the demo in PC zone magazine! I must have been about 10 years old.

--------------------
^_^
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #1
The first game I played was called Spellunx, an old HyperCard Point and Click adventure. This was followed shortly by the much better Prince of Persia.

--------------------
KazeArctica: "Imagine...wangs everywhere...and tentacles. Nothing but wangs and tentacles! And no pants!"
Warrior
Member # 2978
Profile #2
I'm guessing that Boo was referring to SW games.
I played E2 first, followed by E1 on the same day.

The first game I ever played was probably Pacman.

--------------------
Contradictions get me everything I want.
Love is all. Love is Evil.
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #3
My first was Exile 2, but it was the last one I registered out of all the Exiles, including Blades.
My first game was probably Pacman, Technician Ted or some other 80s Amstrad classic!

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #4
The first Spiderweb game I played was, Exile: Escape from the pit.

It was one of the very first versions of the game, it came in a demo/shareware CD with a bunch of other games that didn't appeal me.

The first game ever...hmm, thats a tough one, I guess it has to be an ATARI game...I am not shure wich though, I was probably four or five years old at that time.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #5
The first Spidweb game I played was Nethergate. It was the first game I fell in love with.. ^_^ I still like it the best. There's just something special in it..
I found on a MikroBitti CD, from the games. Can't remember which year, but.. well, the demo was there.

As for the very first game I ever played? I.. uh.. no idea, really. Probably some.. 'game'.. on my dad's..
You know, it was so old I don't think it deserves to be called an actual computer. Gone now, thank heavens.

--------------------
Ah! My Homepage - In Finnish and English
Geneforge - The Maps
My Elfwood Gallery - Stories I've written in english
The WALL - Forums in Finnish
Waitingformedication. I could really use some.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #6
Exile : Escape from the Pit

Thought it sucked ass. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards What was the first game u played_files/tongue.gif)
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
I've played all the Spiderweb games in order of release, so E1 was my first. The first game I ever played on a computer was either Think Quick or Loom, both of which are old and obscure. Loom is still for sale and still fun, but it has been years since I've seen or thought about TQ.

—Alorael, who did spend hours playing with computerized word processing and other new and helpful things when he first discovered the joys of PC's. But those aren't games, per se.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
First SW game was Exile: Escape from the Pit.

First game ever would have been Dark Castle, I think. Anyone else remember this classic platformer?

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #9
Same story as Alorael.

First game? Oh, I dunno. Some ancient Atari thing (my family's always been quite a bit behind the curve as far as games go)

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Apprentice
Member # 3520
Profile #10
My first game experience that i remember was a childs adventure game called 'PutPut goes to the fair' (five at time), and then Doom: thy flesh consumed, scared me *replace with other word for defecation* at the age of 6

--------------------
E=MC2 =Meaning of reletivity =meaning of life = Coke and Curry.
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #11
I played E3 first, got it on a demo CD.

The first game I ever played was the origional Lemmings, almost all the way through in a week on a friend's computer...at least, almost all the way through the 'fun' levels...

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Warrior
Member # 656
Profile Homepage #12
I've played in this order: E1, E2, E3, G1, G2.
All Registered

--------------------
*I am not a guest.
Posts: 127 | Registered: Wednesday, February 20 2002 08:00
Warrior
Member # 29
Profile #13
First Spidweb game: Exile 3 - thought it was awesome, however I became slightly addicted to it. I wouldn't put it down.

First Comp game: Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure, in fact I just downloaded it for the third time. New computer IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards What was the first game u played_files/smile.gif)

--------------------
I love lizards!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #14
Rogue was my first computer game, and then Hearts. Woohoo.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #15
Morgan: Spelunx was awesome. That was also the first game I ever played. I hope we're thinking of the same thing, was it set in a cave?

--------------------
The many faces of Logalot
--------------------
Polaris Roleplaying and Debating Board- 'Nuf said
--------------------
Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.
George Bernard Shaw
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #16
Hrmm... Probably E2 or BoE when I was, oh, eight or nine.

--------------------
Professor Frost gives me ideas.
Professor Frost has many an eye.
Professor Frost always foils my plans.
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #17
Does anyone here remember Doom?

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Warrior
Member # 3390
Profile #18
First spiderweb game was Exile II. Found it on some demo disk.
First computer game was Dangerous Dave...i guess. That was 11 years ago, dad had some black ´n white laptop at work. I had sooooo much fun blasting the zombies out of this realm IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards What was the first game u played_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
Call 1-800-NOT-1337
--------------------
Disturbing the dead since 1986.
--------------------
All your ass are belong to ME!
--------------------
NEVER underestimate your enemies
Never OVERestimate your friends
Shock Trooper
Member # 431
Profile #19
First SW: Exile 2. It was love at first sight.
Other: I don't know it's name. It was a really old PC game... It was a cannon, and you had to shoot some helicopters and planes, and men who jumped from the helicopters. The first game I played I remember the name of is Prince of Persia.

--------------------
GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY TOMATO!
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally written by Queen Of The Damned:

Does anyone here remember Doom?
I pity whoever doesn't IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards What was the first game u played_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Erudite*
Member # 3042
Profile #21
The first SW game I played was Avernum 2, which I got the demo in from MacAddict.

The absolute first computer game I ever played was probably, oh, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? (old, B&W version, of course) IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards What was the first game u played_files/tongue.gif)

[ Friday, October 31, 2003 16:00: Message edited by: xxo ]

--------------------
The Club of All
Chance Forums
I was once member #2475, but then my account was deleted because of a bug.
Post count=406+whatever it says below.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #22
The first computer games I can recall playing are "Prince of Persia" and "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" However, I can also lucidly recall playing a special type of minesweeper game, called "Saddam's Revenge," I believe. I should dredge up the game from wherever it lies and fire it up again. After all, it is especially relevant to our times IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards What was the first game u played_files/biggrin.gif) . My first Spidweb game was Avernum 3, about one and a half years ago.

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #23
Just guessing here, but I believe the first game I ever played was probably Shufflepuck, on a Mac Plus I had about 10 or 11 years ago. It was like a primitive 3D pong which you played versus the computer, who had several different characters, of whom the ghost I always found impossible. I was only 5, it's not my fault. It stopped working when my dad got a new computer.

First SpidWeb game? probably an Exile game, E1 perhaps.

edit:ghost

[ Saturday, November 01, 2003 02:08: Message edited by: small crazy munchkin ]

--------------------
~ørangutan

I want high-bit characters in my displayed name!!! :( :( :( (Or at least an exclamtion point!)

Eat pie!
BADGER!
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #24
Yeah, I'm pretty sure we're thinking of the same game, Logalot. I used to love that game IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards What was the first game u played_files/tongue.gif) .

--------------------
KazeArctica: "Imagine...wangs everywhere...and tentacles. Nothing but wangs and tentacles! And no pants!"

Pages