Memories... (the sequel)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Memories... (the sequel)
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #0
I was bored. It's been quite a while since the last one, and a lot happened since then.
So post your memeories of the Spidweb community, from the very beginning (before there was an official message board) to the present.

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
An absurdly fun Flash game- Refridgerator Raid!
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #1
I join the community. I make myself visible. I get mocked, sneered at, and nailed to a steel cross.
I recede into the darkness.

See also the life story of everyone with half a brain who has been unfortunate enough to stumble onto the community, 1997 to present.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #2
Alorael recently wrote something about the early SW history. Can't recall where or when, though.

Ain't I helpful!

Since I am, and probably will forever be a newbie, I don't dare going in to my memories (that anyway starts in Aug. 2003. Wouldn't be too useful.)
La Canaliste
DELETED
Member # 21
Profile #3
*started disappearing about a year ago when RL ambushed me, which it has been doing at intervals ever since. Is still there on AIM though, and happy to chat*

--------------------
KazeArctica: Oh yes.
KazeArctica: Oh YES
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #4
...up with the sag!

I've been here around three friggin' years, and I can't think of a better term to describe the experience that wouldn't get me banned. -_-

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #5
'Legends of a mere half-decade ago' - the disposibility of the past in the Information Age.
Infiltrator
Member # 737
Profile #6
I've been around for 1.5 year, and I havn't been banned yet.

--------------------
Who was born in a house full of pain
Who was trained not to spit in the fan
Who was told what to do by the man
Who was broken by trained personnel
Who was fitted with collar and chain
Who was given a pat on the back
Who was breaking away from the pack
Who was only a stranger at home
Who was ground down in the end
Who was found dead on the phone
Who was dragged down by the stone
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #7
Congratulations are in order!

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #8
I have "existed" in the community for about four years, but only made myself visible about 2 years ago. I remember being quite intimidated by the idea of posting at Misc when I first started...

--------------------
KazeArctica: "Imagine...wangs everywhere...and tentacles. Nothing but wangs and tentacles! And no pants!"
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #9
I joined the community 4 years ago and fondly remembers the News In Exile topic started by Black Wombat.

--------------------
...a sadist is only someone that is terribly nice to a masochist...

Want to find out how nasty you really are? visit:http://www.thespark.com/ now!

Also look at my site here
This is also a
good site
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
I joined the old Ikonboard slightly more than three and a half years ago, posted for a short time, vanished for months, and reappeared. Since then I've been around and posting frantically.

—Alorael, who notices that there haven't been many memories yet, just times and complaints. How about some nostalgia about the good old days of Señor Parapluie?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #11
Actually, Milla posted a memory. I remember that topic too, nwo that you mention it. Wombat showed up, posted for a couple weeks, then left, and has not posted since.
I remember when I first joined the boards (just after the transfer to UBB). Saunders became moderator of General, and there was a topic in which everyone congratulated her and argued over what part girl she was, after someone said "We finally have a whole two girl mods!" The other was Lightning Exiled, who left quite a while ago. As I said, there was also a "Memories..." topic. And there was the Talking Mod Dolls topic.
There was also a topic in which someone said something that offended someone else. Someone said "Uh oh. I smell a flame war. *heads to the bunker*" Then, several other people joined him in the bunker. Some people brought popcorn and other snacks. It was interesting for a while, but then it was locked.

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #12
There was also the "Black Marks". I also remember the first post I posted there. It basic said "Hi! I'm a newbie". The first reply was from TM who bascially said that this topic was for a chatroom or something, then someone called Game Pu (who had a sailor moon avatar) said I was allowed to post there because it in Misc. The topic ended up being about Satanism and sadisticism (some word like that).

On that board I was called Sliver Ethereal. After a month I realised that I had spelt my name wrong.

--------------------

This is also a
good site
Apprentice
Member # 1867
Profile #13
Memories? Man, I wish I had some. Or rather, wish there were some on these boards in the first place. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Memories___ (the sequel)_files/rolleyes.gif) I spend alot more of my time on other boards. That's my excuse.

I still remember that old 'Slith vs. Nephils' topic from awhile ago. Man, that one was intense... IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Memories___ (the sequel)_files/biggrin.gif)
Posts: 13 | Registered: Wednesday, September 11 2002 07:00
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #14
Which one of the dozens?

And I've been a member of this damn community for about two years now. All I've gotten is people first kicking me in the shin and then telling me no one hates me. Horray.

I also remember the SAPHER-incidents, the Tails-incidents, and the Shotts-reborn-incident.

--------------------
- WITH LOVE, THE OL' RELIABLE BOYLOVE, TO BE EXACT
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #15
The good Sliths-vs-Nephs topic was the one that got to 30 pages and was locked for consuming about half the board's memory in one massive topic. It died down at several points because only Corey favoured the Nephils, and he couldn't put up a coherent argument in their favour.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #16
I remember when polls just came out, and there around 10 or fifteen of them in Misc. They all were as useless as everything else. Hoorj.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 360
Profile #17
We remember TIM!

--------------------
I'm back with less posting than ever.

We Was Tim

Alta vendetta
D'alto silenzio e figlia.
- Vittorio Alfieri,

You purchase pain with all that joy can give,
And die of nothing but a rage to live.
- Alexander Pope, Moral Essays (ep. II, l. 99)
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #18
I remember that! There was also the Dao,Mao,Tao thing which ended up being stopped for some reason or another.

--------------------

This is also a
good site
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #19
Because keeping our names Mao forever would be confusing and annoying.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #20
The Avernum Awards, which everyone blames me for ruining. Some people enjoyed it, though.
Masta Assissan, with "assassin" misspelled. Not a good memory. Not even a significant memory. But a memory nevertheless.
Shotts. Pepsi charts. The horror.

--------------------
---------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #21
Anonymous BoE Person ...

TM's quintuple post ...

The first race to guru ...

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #22
The BEEP, subsequent and less successful imitations of the BEEP, the KEEP, and subsequent and less successful imitations of imitations of the BEEP.

—Alorael, who just doesn't think another attempt at enacting an Exile plan would be the same without Scorp around to make it horrible.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00