Member Status

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Member Status
Warrior
Member # 3457
Profile #0
How does your member status change? I think it's how many posts you've made. can someone comfirm for me please because i am stumped about it.
Infiltrator
Member # 2628
Profile Homepage #1
Take a look at the faq, at the sections on user titles and member ratings (more commonly known as karma).

--------------------
We meet and part now over all the world;
we, the lost company,
take hands together in the night, forget
the night in our brief happiness, silently.
-- Judith Wright

My website
Posts: 512 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3457
Profile #2
thanks i'll do that
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #3
If you mean member status in the little words under your name, it DOES increase with your post count. Just don't post so much so fast, I know that from experience.

And if you ever want to add to your post, but no one has replyed to it, press the "edit" button.

Have a nice stay!

FYI, this is a custom title, Drakefyre gave it to me because I posted too much too fast.

[ Friday, October 03, 2003 06:43: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, the Wielder of Ice ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #4
And too irrelevantly, Zephyr. You should tell him that part too.
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #5
Not many people care about titles. There are also custom titles which are given to people when the admins feel like it.

Just make quality posts, and nothing else will matter. In some cases (especially when the member number is high, as in your case), a high post count is a specifically bad thing, as it means you post much too frequently.

EDIT: Welcome to Spiderweb!

[ Friday, October 03, 2003 14:11: Message edited by: Sir Motrax of Exile ]

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #6
I'm just going to extend my welcome to you to these boards.
Here it goes:
Welcome to the Spiderweb Software Boards!

And that's about it I think

--------------------
...a sadist is only someone that is terribly nice to a masochist...

Want to find out how nasty you really are? visit:www.thespark.com now!

Also look at my site here
This is also a
good site
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #7
Reading the Code would be useful also.

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain, ohhh, I'm tired of the strain and the pain.

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #8
welcome to the boards. remember, Alorael "can't shoot straight without a gallon [of Scribbane]"!

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #9
Wiseman is tha master of urban wisdom.

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain, ohhh, I'm tired of the strain and the pain.

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash
Warrior
Member # 3457
Profile #10
Thanks for the welcome guys
Warrior
Member # 3457
Profile #11
Thanks for the welcome guys
scribbane you say...
...wish i had some

sorry about the 2 posts in a row i thought i edited the other one

[ Saturday, October 04, 2003 03:23: Message edited by: LordLoony ]
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #12
Never say you'd like to have skribbane.
That only leads to over-used jokes about Alo sniping you like a pedestrian walking on zebra crossing, just to pay back the theft.

Also, welcome to SpiderWeb, I hope you die, have a nice stay.

--------------------
- WITH LOVE, THE OL' RELIABLE BOYLOVE, TO BE EXACT
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #13
I am the Grammar Wench. I am obsessive-compulsive about proper grammar and spelling, unless English is not your first language. And, like everyone else on these boards, I have a low spam tolerance.

Welcome, LordLoony. Please watch your grammar, and have fun. (I'm not around much anymore anyway.)

--------------------
"Man hands down misery to man. It deepens like a coastal shelf. Get out as early as you can, and don't have any kids yourself."--Philip Larkin, "This Be the Verse"

Fear the wrath of the Grammar Wench, lest ye be cut down by the Glistening Scythe.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #14
quote:Originally written by Sir Motrax of Exile:

Just make quality posts, and nothing else will matter. In some cases (especially when the member number is high, as in your case), a high post count is a specifically bad thing, as it means you post much too frequently.

EDIT: Welcome to Spiderweb!
But if you post high quality posts then it isn't such a bad thing to post "too" frequently even if your member number is high?

Sorry for being irritating. I'm just feeling a little quilty after reading your post.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #15
Well, I'd count *many* - hmhm - of my posts as quality posts, and I still sometimes get comments for posting too often.

So yeah, too much posting can be irritating too. It usually doesn't get a problem until you're over 400 or so though. In that case, do it like me, and come here once in a few days only. Not that I have a choice with my parents constantly cutting my connection.

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #16
No, even if each of your posts is a masterpiece, it gets rather irritating to see the same person having the last laugh in EVERY topic. It's a discussion board, not a blog.

Sorry if my posts are coming out to be snappy and blunt. Don't take offense from it please!

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #17
And what is a 'blog'? My dictionary doesn't have it...

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #18
For the status, Alorael said you loose your newbiehood when insults become specific.

A blog is an online diary. This site has many blog, go there if you want to read some.

[ Sunday, October 05, 2003 09:46: Message edited by: So Incredibly Sad ]

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #19
I don't even mind someone who posts in every topic as long as they're not making every other post and as long as all their posts actually say something.

—Alorael, who is a fine one to talk. He feels a need to go start ten or twenty topics now to boost his post count even more.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #20
Post count doesn't matter. I'm not where close to new to these boards, but I only have something like 300 posts. But I still know more!! Visit the BOA section, it's better and lacks all the wasteful posts. Only mature people know how to discuss a game that isn't out yet.

And join EEP, we're nice people (usually).

[ Sunday, October 05, 2003 16:40: Message edited by: [E.E.P.] Karzoth ]

--------------------
Fort Emergence Home of the [E.E.P.]

Rage and vengeance are minions of me. The fists of the Phoenix will strike the unrightious. It knows your weaknesses, and will strike with fury. The Demonslayer does not faulter.

With so many years ahead to fall in line, why would you wish down on me? What's my age again?
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3457
Profile #21
quote:Originally written by Crying in an Airplane:
Never say you'd like to have skribbane.
That only leads to over-used jokes about Alo sniping you like a pedestrian walking on zebra crossing, just to pay back the theft.

Also, welcome to SpiderWeb, I hope you die, have a nice stay.
i know about the stuff that happens when someone mentions skribbane (from reading many of the topics here and there in these forums) but i just had to put in (as a joke of course)

quote:Originally written by Arancaytar:
Well, I'd count *many* - hmhm - of my posts as quality posts, and I still sometimes get comments for posting too often.

So yeah, too much posting can be irritating too. It usually doesn't get a problem until you're over 400 or so though. In that case, do it like me, and come here once in a few days only. Not that I have a choice with my parents constantly cutting my connection.
Is there anything wrong (besides being irritating) about too many posts on the fourms.
if so i would really like to know so i can avoid it if possible

quote:Originally written by Sir Motrax of Exile:Sorry if my posts are coming out to be snappy and blunt. Don't take offense from it please!I don't take any offence at all so don't worry about how snappy or blunt your posts are it won't effect me in the slightest!
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #22
quote:Originally written by So Incredibly Sad:
For the status, Alorael said you loose your newbiehood when insults become specific.
Wha? I'm still a newbie? All I've gotten is TGM is a ^_^ *"#¤"=die&*****&die"!!"#¤.

[ Monday, October 06, 2003 06:14: Message edited by: Crying in an Airplane ]

--------------------
- WITH LOVE, THE OL' RELIABLE BOYLOVE, TO BE EXACT