ASTRONOMY UPDATE: Mars

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: ASTRONOMY UPDATE: Mars
Warrior
Member # 2870
Profile #25
No, actually, I was serious. I have been using my imaginary telescope and I have seen this enormous mound of bugers with these rocket engines attached to the front. Why to the front, you ask? Well I'll tell you. You see, those of us who like to pick our bugers and then eat them know that there is nothing worse than eating a dry buger. Good bugers are fresh and moist and salty. So the rocket are at the front so that the buger will stay warm and not lose its moisture to heat or cold. The fuel was specially designed so that the exhaust would moisten the buger, and the moisteners would penetrate the surface of the buger. Also, the huge nuclear bomb also generated a gravity field so the buger would break apart. There is nothing more annoying than when you're trying to make a buger mound and it falls apart. Saliva is not a very good binder.

Anyway, I know all this because my telescope is so powerful that I can lip-read all the Alpha Centaurians. And I am so smart I can figure out their language without hearing it. Because in space, no one can hear you gaggh...gakkh...(dies because he has no oxygen)

--------------------
All your base are belong to us!!!!
http://people.cornell.edu/pages/slp29/ayb.html
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #26
Please make a conscious effort to sadden me less.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #27
In UK, we say 'bogies' for the congealed mucus that you (I mean 'you' - I would never do such a thing...) can pick out of your nose.

Oh dear, I suppose that's General for you - though I'd say a thread shifting from GF2 beta-testing to politics is probably less distressing to the sensitive than one shifting from the wonders of the universe to nasal excrement.
Agent
Member # 798
Profile Homepage #28
Can we please drop the booger subject it's very disgusting. Can we talk about something less disgusting but more gruesome like how Jimmy Hendrix chocked to death on his own vomit.

--------------------
Look Ma, I'm banned!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #29
And that is less disgusting in your opinion, is it?

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Warrior
Member # 3404
Profile Homepage #30
Yes.

--------------------
"I am young, I am twenty years old:yet I know nothing of life but despair, death, fear, and fatuous superficiality cast over an abyss of sorrow." All QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #31
Oh. Boogers. I only now figured out what PA was talking about. I assumed he was making an Orson Scott Card reference.

... Which, come to think of it, wouldn't make all that much difference to the content of his post.
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #32
Doesn't Lord of Evil have something about vampire bats and blood-drinking generally - or am I thinking of someone else?

BTW, at least Jimi Hendrix died less embarassingly than Jim Morrison. Officially he suffered a heart attack whilst bathing.
Infiltrator
Member # 2669
Profile Homepage #33
Isn't Iabrochium Jabberwocky in Latin?

--------------------
Posts: 647 | Registered: Wednesday, February 19 2003 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #34
MARS HAS DISSAPEARED FROM THE NIGHT SKY!!!!
THE END IS NIGH!!!!

oh, it is daytime and cloudy, mybad.

--------------------
Tip of the Day: #13 Stand clear the closing door.

That's treason.
(THNIK)(Peculiar James, FP productions co, inc)
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #35
Yes, it is. I got bored and looked for foreign translations of Jabberwocky.

Anybody else heard that Uranus is supposed to become clearly visible (with binoculars) for the next month or so as well?
Infiltrator
Member # 2669
Profile Homepage #36
Mine's visible every night, but only by permission.

*applause*

--------------------
Posts: 647 | Registered: Wednesday, February 19 2003 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #37
IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards ASTRONOMY UPDATE Mars (2)_files/rolleyes.gif)

And isn't this a ripped off joke from Harry Potter as well?

IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards ASTRONOMY UPDATE Mars (2)_files/rolleyes.gif) 's again for good measure.

--------------------
---
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Warrior
Member # 3404
Profile Homepage #38
quote:
Originally written by X:

Doesn't Lord of Evil have something about vampire bats and blood-drinking generally - or am I thinking of someone else?

BTW, at least Jimi Hendrix died less embarassingly than Jim Morrison. Officially he suffered a heart attack whilst bathing.

I'd rather die bathing than die choking on my own vomit. Atleast if I die bathing I'll be clean when I die. Ohh and I think you have me confussed with someone else. But I do have a thing with Vampires, Witches and all sorts of Goth symbols. Doesn't my SW name give that away.

--------------------
"I am young, I am twenty years old:yet I know nothing of life but despair, death, fear, and fatuous superficiality cast over an abyss of sorrow." All QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #39
quote:
*This is wrong, the last age did not end in 1990, but ends on 12/21/2012
That's true. That's what I meant to say. I heard lately that the last age that ended was somewhere around 1912 and was called the "Age of the Wolf", which was supposed to be an age that ends with ice. How appropriate is that?

When the Titanic sank, it had to do with ice. And, on top of that, it brought an end to an arrogant era of when people put all thier faith in their technology. That's why almost everyone considered the Titanic to be unsinkable. They put all their faith in the newest technologies and it ended up that they learned not to do this anymore anywhere near as much as they were.

The next age, I'm not sure what it is called, is supposed to end in fire. How appreopriate when considering the wars of today and the nuclear potential of many nations.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #40
Where's you find that out, MSW?

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #41
Off of a Titanic cd-rom. It was in the game and on the tour.

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #42
Well, it's a 52-year cycle, so the last age that ended would have been in 1960, and the age before that in 1908. I don't believe there were any such specifications originally made about how each age would end, either; that's all been added on after the fact by conspiracy theorists and other producers of popular fiction.
Warrior
Member # 734
Profile #43
IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards ASTRONOMY UPDATE Mars (2)_files/frown.gif) Oregon has entered into to liquid sunshine stage (sigh) and I might get to see the night sky again in a few weeks (or months).

Borc-Thank you for the link to the hubble site! Great pics of Mars.

--------------------
Instant Human-Just add liberal doses of Coffee.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #44
It's nice to know that some other people on here like the study of ancient civilizations like I do. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards ASTRONOMY UPDATE Mars (2)_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 3404
Profile Homepage #45
I had no Idea a Age lasts about 5o years. Tell me what age is this, The age of Nukes and terrorists. (Sarcasm)

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #46
The Age of Idiocy. But pretty much every chapter in our history could be called that, so it's not really a valid name. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards ASTRONOMY UPDATE Mars (2)_files/rolleyes.gif)

[ Thursday, September 11, 2003 15:27: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
---
---
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #47
No, Lord opf Evil, I definitely remember you contributing to a debate about homeopathy by asking how clinically useful vampire bats would be for blood-letting. You might remember I was on about how hospitals were using maggots to clear dead tissue from wounds. Others might remember you were calling yourself something else at the time though...

BTW, it wasn't the bathing that killed Jim Morrison and he certainly wouldn't have got away with what did in Japan--where they bathe communally--unless his fellow bathers had exceptionally liberal attitudes.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #48
WTH did Jim Morrison do while bathing which caused his death? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards ASTRONOMY UPDATE Mars (2)_files/confused.gif)

Or is this something I'd rather not know? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards ASTRONOMY UPDATE Mars (2)_files/rolleyes.gif)

--------------------
---
---
Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #49
He died of "congestive heart failure", which was more than likely caused by an overdose of drugs. Whether or not it was a suicide, no one will ever know. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards ASTRONOMY UPDATE Mars (2)_files/frown.gif)

[ Thursday, September 11, 2003 16:32: Message edited by: Xan Kreigor ]

--------------------
"It's cool to be a robot." Scud

"Half human, half robot, all Sicilian." Tony Tastey

"|||| ||| |||| ||| ||| |||||?!? Drywall

"I'm calm.....GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME." Don Vito

Pages