Only cause he's my friend...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Only cause he's my friend...
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #0
Why are you people(mods) constantly locking TGO's topics? I've seen far worse go without locking in the past. So why pick on TGO. I don't know about the rest of you, but I personally find some of his stuff funny. I've always thought Spiderweb was about a lack of seriousness. But I guess the server space is the most important thing with the Spiderweb forums these days.

And now I'm gonna see how long it takes for this to jion the locked topics, since it's this kind of stuff that cause me to create my own forums(complete with archieves on every topic made there when they get closed or deleted to save space)
Erudite*
Member # 3042
Profile #1
They're locking them because the topics are more like what should be on a forum someone made for fun (and free) like an Invision one-not one made by a company to discuss their products. His posts would belong in Misc if it still existed, but not in General.

--------------------
The Club of All
Chance Forums
I was once member #2475, but then my account was deleted because of a bug.
Post count=406+whatever it says below.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #2
I don't find random word topics 'funny'. This is a corporate bulletin board. A little bit of levity is fine and good, but it should be topical levity. Not "HGAUGHUAGHGH HAT BOOBIES MITTEN" followed by three posts with equal or lesser amounts of content.
Most of TGO's posts thus far, in fact, fall under three categories:
a. This is spam, and board abuse; there isn't even anything funny about it.
b. RPs are fun. Why don't we have a baker's dozen of them at once?
c. What do you mean, "go get a Xanga account"?

So please, stop whinging about his topics being closed until he starts posting legitimate content. Thx*10^6.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #3
I never said all of his stuff was funny. But as I said far worse that what he's posted has gone on a long time before dying out. Not locking, dying out. There seems to be a lack of fairness in that. Then again, the world isn't known for being fair.

Btw, I'm not whining. I am merely being loyal to my best friend. Now if you have a problem with that, then you're more than welcomed to continue on with your flaming me. Just understand that you'll get the same treatment back from me.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #4
Your point about TGO's stuff not being the worst on the boards is debatable, if not outright laughable. But hey, if you really think some things should be locked, then why not IM a mod?

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #5
I wasn't flaming you at all. Reread my post, please.
Many of his posts serve only to increase the post counts of those in them. I think you need to take a more objective view on this.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #6
I think his thing about other topics that deserve locking more than TGO's was meant to prove that TGO's shouldn't be locked, not that the others should. It's all relative.

quote:
Originally written by xxo:

They're locking them because the topics are more like what should be on a forum someone made for fun (and free) like an Invision one-not one made by a company to discuss their products. His posts would belong in Misc if it still existed, but not in General.
I hope you don't really think that General is still General...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Erudite*
Member # 3042
Profile #7
I know it's kind of turning into Misc, but I said "General", because it's still called that :P .

--------------------
The Club of All
Chance Forums
I was once member #2475, but then my account was deleted because of a bug.
Post count=406+whatever it says below.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #8
The point is. Worse stuff than his went on long ago and after misc. And what I can't understand is why I didn't get the memo that said "as of (insert date here) spiderweb will become as boring and dull as desperance has let itself become". Then I could have prepared to fight that, or at the very least find someplace a little less serious. And then perhaps let TGO in on it, so that he wouldn't waste the server space.

Forum site exist only a place to go to when your bored. And since you can discuss games only so much, and cause politics for so long before it gets really boring, we need some sillyness here again. It's bad enough we lost one of the best RPs ever(the origonalNSI), but to lose the silly topics that would have eventually gotten more amusing if given the chance... well, that's just one thing I'm going to fight(mainly cause I have nothing better to do). This is the first forum site I jioned. And I really don't want to leave it unless I have no other(decent) choice.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #9
Let me enlighten you as to something, boy. I understand that you post on forums for boredom. I do more or less the same thing. But not all of us get tired of politics, and fewer of us than you seem to think enjoy topics which wander on and on without getting anywhere. Bandwidth is a huge concern with SW, and I don't want to have a monthly fee, regular weekly/daily/monthly down times, or fewer boards just because you and your ilk can't get it through your thick, thick skulls how wasteful the "48 topics, 1 with meaninful content" approach is.
There is no freaking excuse for creating topic after topic after topic without any semblance of a point or purpose. A topic entirely for tangential nonsense is going to get locked, because nine out of ten of those topics don't yield anything except MORE tangential nonsense.

Now shut up and stop whining about how fairly your friend's worthless topics are being treated.
Thank you VERY much.

[ Thursday, July 24, 2003 18:43: Message edited by: General Custer ]

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #10
OOC: TN? Which part?

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain, ohhh, I'm tired of the strain and the pain.

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #11
I don't mind silliness, but this mindless blabber you incessantly sully the boards with is what makes me want to drive flaming corkscrews through my temples (or yours, but probably mine based on convenience). I can go for being twice as nice. I can go for just repeating the same old lines. You use the bandwidth, now you want some more? Don't even think about it, say no go. Yeah I, I'll let you do anything that you want to do- do almost anything that you want to do, yeah, but I can't go for that. No can do.

(A cookie goes to the person who identifies what I was listening to while writing this post.)

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #12
Um, part of "I'm not whining, I'm showing a friend of mine some support" did some you manage to miss do to stupidity?!?

I'd post some more stuff an include something smart sounding, this post is taking too long to type as it is.

Edit:
On second thought I'd better get my say in before this is closed.

hmmm. 1 in 49 topics being stupid is an unrealistic statement at best. But that's kind of the point, though. My arguement is very simple. If spiderweb turns into just games and politics, then it becomes boring. True there will probably be some RPs, but they'll get tired and die, much like game and political discussions. We need something else to do too.

Spiderweb forums will have a problem if it allows itself to just 3 things. The point of online forums is entertainment. I've got no problem with having avoid using profanity or posting adult themed stuff. I do, however, have a problem with people constantly changing the rules of what is considered spam. I also have a problem mods who misuse their powers. Both seem to be on this site. Now I could simply leave this site, but I won't. I have been here far too long to leave without trying to fight for what I believe in first. This is about more than TGO's asinine topics, this about where the ever moving line is going to stop. If you're gonna close some stupid topics, but others alone, then you need to rethink the way you do things. Humor varies depending on the person viewing something. Spam is for most part the same. So one's judgement can't always be universal.

[ Thursday, July 24, 2003 22:17: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 521
Profile Homepage #13
TM, The Hikaru no Go OST?

--------------------
I am not really here.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #14
Maybe boring for you.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #15
Since when have spamful wordgames and stupid babble threads been fun? You want babble, do it with AIM.

--------------------
KhothMk2: You don't get 72 virgin camels though
BANNED
Member # 2064
Profile #16
I feel stupid and i probly am but who is TGO?

--------------------
Don't expect the expected
expect the unexpected
if you expect the expected
I expect you will remain unexpected.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #17
There are two people here whose name fits this acronym:

TrueGamerOmega, and The Great Orangutan.

Judging from the topics mentioned (random word game, "Have you ever noticed") etc., I'd say this concerns TrueGamerOmega.

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Apprentice
Member # 3158
Profile #18
Wait...there's a Misc section? Hmm, didn't notice it... Well that changes a few things...

--------------------
Where all have fallen I will rise as the last TrueGamer....TrueGamerOmega.
My Sig

My site
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #19
there *was* a Misc section. It got closed a while ago (I wasn't here yet so I don't know when). I think it was because it cost too much bandwidth, but I don't know.

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #20
Hatake-kun: Ha ha ha. :P

http://www.lyricstime.com/lyrics/31463.html

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 656
Profile Homepage #21
Misc. closed early this year or maybe late last year, I don't remember. And it was closed because Spidweb. thought that topics having no "useful" purpose was not a good use of their bandwith (read: money)

--------------------
*I am not a guest.
Posts: 127 | Registered: Wednesday, February 20 2002 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #22
define usefull
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #23
Not silly posting games. Generally, entertaining topics which serve some purpose other than increasing one's post count.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #24
From Spiderweb's perspective, it would be best to have nobody post here except for help and everyone work more to buy more Spiderweb games. When the posts are not only not about the games but not about anything else, they don't like to waste their money. I miss Misc. too, but they closed it for a reason, and co-opting General is not a good solution.

—Alorael, who agrees than both spam and fun are in the eyes of the beholders. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people beholding these boards, and most agree that many of the topics should be closed. If you can't live without spam, look for it elsewhere.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00

Pages