General Questions on Spiderweb Stuff

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: General Questions on Spiderweb Stuff
Apprentice
Member # 3247
Profile #0
Hi,

I just downloaded and tried out the Avernum Trilogy demos; as well as the Geneforge (haven't tried that one yet though). I like them okay enough that I think they'd be worth the purchase. However, I have never ordered on-line before, and am concerned about about that for obvious reasons. It does seem that the Spiderweb developers do a good job in this regard so I'm thinking I should forge ahead with ordering. Has anyone had a bad experience with this; if so please tell.

Also, I am looking to preoder the Avernum Trilogy on disc (along with the instruction manual) on disc, and wondering how long it would take from when the order is made and when it arrives in the mail.

Thanks for any help.

Volourn.

P.S. This isn't in any way accusing Spiderweb of anything underhanded; I just like to temrinate all doubts on my part before hand if I can.

P.S.S. The moon may have been one ghiant step for mankind; but ordering on-line is one HUGE strp for Volourn Kind! IMAGE(General Questions on Spiderweb Stuff_files/eek.gif)

[ Monday, July 21, 2003 12:30: Message edited by: Volourn ]

--------------------
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #1
Go for it. I've done business with Spiderweb many times. I've always gotten what I ordered when I expected it to arrive. You've got nothing to worry about with Spiderweb.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
Out of the thousands of members here, not one has complained about online ordering that I can remember. It's very fast, too.

—Alorael, who would say that Spiderweb delivery speed depends on your location. He believes about a week is common for orders in the U.S., and overseas shipping is of course slower.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 3247
Profile #3
That sounds VERY good. IMAGE(General Questions on Spiderweb Stuff_files/smile.gif)

--------------------
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #4
Although some would argue that the closer you live to Seattle, the longer it takes for the game to arrive. It's kind of strange, really.

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
An absurdly fun Flash game- Refridgerator Raid!
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
BANNED
Member # 2385
Profile Homepage #5
i've ordered E2/3, A3, and BoE and haven't had any problems.

--------------------
I get energy from your jealousy. Ever wonder why I'm so hyper?

The Abyss Scenarios, Forums, Graphics...
E-Master's Graemlins Come take a look.
Miscellaneous Get to the closed misc. forums!
Where's Waldo? Can you find Waldo in less than a minute? *Evil Grin*
End of World Da end is coming!
Shock Trooper
Member # 55
Profile Homepage #6
I've purchased BoE, Nethergate, and all three Avernums from up here in Canada and never had any trouble. Usually, I'd just download the demo and order a registration code as well as a CD, so I could play right away even before the shipment arrived. IMAGE(General Questions on Spiderweb Stuff_files/tongue.gif)
Warrior
Member # 2000
Profile Homepage #7
Yes...I ordered the Trilogy CD way back when, and then in the same phone call they gave me all the codes for all three games...I should have just canceled the order right then and there and ran away laughing. Course, they had my credit card number...Also, I almost worked up the nerve to ask Linda how she felt about her boss recreating her in a game in which she sacrificed her soul to ressurect a demon and then was chopped in half...

--------------------
Since Imban Likes to Edit my Posts ...

... And Drakey likes to edit your signature. Stop it, Ed.
Warrior
Member # 2000
Profile Homepage #8
Yes...I ordered the Trilogy CD way back when, and then in the same phone call they gave me all the codes for all three games...I should have just canceled the order right then and there and ran away laughing. Course, they had my credit card number...Also, I almost worked up the nerve to ask Linda how she felt about her boss recreating her in a game in which she sacrificed her soul to ressurect a demon and then was chopped in half...

--------------------
Since Imban Likes to Edit my Posts ...

... And Drakey likes to edit your signature. Stop it, Ed.
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #9
AGH.

And like everyone else, I've gotten what I want, and with online ordering. It works. Well.

--------------------
- WITH LOVE, THE OL' RELIABLE BOYLOVE, TO BE EXACT
Infiltrator
Member # 463
Profile #10
You could always order over the phone if you don't feel safe doing it over the net.

quote:
Also, I almost worked up the nerve to ask Linda how she felt about her boss recreating her in a game in which she sacrificed her soul to ressurect a demon and then was chopped in half...
*falls out of chair, laughing*

--------------------
Let the soul trading begin.
Infiltrator
Member # 463
Profile #11
You could always order over the phone if you don't feel safe doing it over the net.

quote:
Also, I almost worked up the nerve to ask Linda how she felt about her boss recreating her in a game in which she sacrificed her soul to ressurect a demon and then was chopped in half...
*falls out of chair, laughing*

--------------------
Let the soul trading begin.
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #12
Two double-posts in one thread: Bad.
My ordering experience with SpidWeb: Good.

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain, ohhh, I'm tired of the strain and the pain.

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #13
I once ordered a game pack of the Myth series and it got here in less than a week, considering I live in Chile I find that very good.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #14
Everything I ordered got here quickly, and when my system preferences got screwed up and my registration codes changed, the lovely people on the phone gave me new codes for free.

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Apprentice
Member # 3247
Profile #15
Sound svery good. Now, if only it didn't sound too god to be true; I'd take your word for it. You all sound like you've been paid to say these things! IMAGE(General Questions on Spiderweb Stuff_files/biggrin.gif)

Seriously, thanks for the word of good aith. Sounds like it's a worthwhile endeavour to order these games. IMAGE(General Questions on Spiderweb Stuff_files/cool.gif)

Thanks. IMAGE(General Questions on Spiderweb Stuff_files/smile.gif)

--------------------
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!