Inn Of Blades V2.0

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Inn Of Blades V2.0
BANNED
Member # 2064
Profile #0
All of the inn Rps seem to have been very successful so here is yet another.Welcome to the inn of blades.May i help you?

--------------------
Don't expect the expected
expect the unexpected
if you expect the expected
I expect you will remain unexpected.
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #1
The irony...

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
BANNED
Member # 2064
Profile #2
Pardon?Says the waiter.

--------------------
Don't expect the expected
expect the unexpected
if you expect the expected
I expect you will remain unexpected.
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #3
Oh, come on! Finish an old RP first, then start another one. Give us a break!

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Order Mage:

All of the inn Rps seem to have been very successful...
Uhm, that's supposed to be joke, right? IMAGE(Inn Of Blades V20_files/wink.gif)

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Warrior
Member # 3124
Profile #5
And the buxom barmaid goes to the table to wait on the adventurer.

"Hey, how about a scotch and sofa?" he asks.

The barmaid gives a wry smile and answers, "I'd rather have a gin and platonic."

--------------------
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.
Larry Hardiman
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #6
ehh

I take offense to the title of this scena-- err, RP.

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #7
Speaking of Inn of Blades: part 2, has it been eternally doomed to the Pit of Unfinished Scenarios TM? I was looking forward to it. I greatly enjoyed the first IoB.

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #8
A crash from the editor destroyed it in its early stages.

I'll probably do it someday, but not for the moment. Sorry.

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 2300
Profile #9
The adventurer growls 'Now don't get cocky with me', and threatens the barmaid with a loaf of bread.

--------------------
Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." - Soviet infantry manual, 1930's
Posts: 267 | Registered: Wednesday, November 27 2002 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3124
Profile #10
"Aye, all ye adventurers are the same. Yer all cut from the same piece o' cloth. I don't have time fer ye, swash yer own buckle," the buxom barmaid said to the adventurer. "An' don't be a-wavin' that bread around. It's four days old now and all ye'll be doin' is breakin' somethin'. Now eat yer haggis an' be a good lad", she says haughtily.

She turns and walks away from the table. The adventurer watches intently at every flip and sway of her hips. Then he notices the tatoo upon her shoulder. It is one of a red rose. This is who he had been looking for! She's got the map!

[ Thursday, July 10, 2003 02:27: Message edited by: Onomatopoeia ]

--------------------
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.
Larry Hardiman
Shock Trooper
Member # 2300
Profile #11
The adventurer looked pensive for a couple of seconds, then crawled onto the floor and started shuffling after the barmaid. Unfortunately he failed to notice that the bread was still in his hand and a passing leprechaun tripped up on it. This leprechaun had recently been hit by the 'Weegie* Curse'.

'Ya wee bam!!!' screamed the leprechaun, diving for the adventurer...

*Weegie(s): Scottish term for person(s) originating from / living in Glasgow.

--------------------
Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." - Soviet infantry manual, 1930's
Warrior
Member # 3124
Profile #12
The barmaid whirled about at the sound of the commotion. She set down her serving tray on a nearby table and strode quickly to the center of the fray. She reached down and grabbed the leprechaun by the collar and lifted him from atop the adventurer. She held him high so she could look into his eyes.

"Seamus! Yer a naughty little imp this night! I been tellin' ye before, an' I'll be tellin ye but once more...stay in yer seat. Oh, and just so ye know, there'll be no more grog fer ye tonight!" she stated firmly to the leprechaun. She set him down. He scampered off to return to his mates.

The adventurer, by this time, had gotten up and was standing to face the barmaid. The bread was still in his hands.

She eyed him saucily and remarked, "Ye best be eatin' that soon. It won't be gettin' any better, believe me. I'll be gettin' yer stew now. I told ye ye'd not like the haggis; it's got some odd bits in it, I tol' ye that" She turned quickly about, grabbed her tray, and headed back to the kitchen.

Again, he saw the tatoo....

[ Thursday, July 10, 2003 03:42: Message edited by: Onomatopoeia ]

--------------------
Larry Hardiman
Shock Trooper
Member # 2300
Profile #13
This time the adventurer abandoned all subtlety and ran after the buxom barmaid, knocking the leprechaun over on the way. Once in the kitchen, away from prying eyes, the adventurer grabbed the maid by the arm.

'Ooooooh, ye're a saucy lad, make no mistake' she exclaimed, but the adventurer was not going to be put off.

'I need....something.'

He winked.

The barmaid adjusted her hair and said 'Well, ye know the going rate, me saucy lad, it'll be....'

'Dammit woman, I need the map!'

But the extremely saucy buxom barmaid said no more. Instead she keeled over, a sharpened asparagus tip embedded in her skull.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3124
Profile #14
The cook, a stout man (as they all seem to be) saw the maid collapse. He quickly ran to her side as the adventurer laid her gently to the floor. Her breathing was slowed and she seemed to slip into unconsciousness.

Henri, the cook, only briefly wondering why a Frenchman would stoop to preparing haggis, quickly rid himself of that thought and ran to the stove. He came back with a small pot. He applied the creamy contents of the pot to the maid's wound and gently pulled the asparagus tip from her head. It had not penetrated the skull so she'd be alright after some rest. The salve quickly slowed the bleeding and the maid soon stirred with the dawning of consciousness.

The adventurer was amazed. He eyed the cook and asked in a demanding tone, "What was that stuff? The wonder of it! The asparagus could have killed her!"

The cook shrugged and said, "It is what I always use to help with asparagus, hollandaise is all it is."

The maid looked at the adventurer and smiled fleetingly. She mumbled thanks to Henri. As she recovered her strength from the nasty blow, she recalled the adventurer asking for a map. Could it be the map her Da had given her many summers ago?

The adventurer picked the maid up and carried her to her room at the back of the inn and set her down to rest. He took a chair by the window and would watch over her until the morn came. Then he would ask about the map.

--------------------
Larry Hardiman
Shock Trooper
Member # 2300
Profile #15

Dawn came over the hills, smiling through the windows at the adventurer. The adventurer swore back at the dawn. He was tired and bored, yet feared to let sleep overcome him lest another stray vegetable should bring harm to the fair buxom maid. And he could not stop thinking about the map. The map! He suddenly realised that his adventures would begin again that morn, so long as he got the map. Months of traling round inns would be over.

Nevertheless, for the present he was bored. He idly poked the wall with his sword, deepening the uneven ruts in the granite. The wall made a 'pock' sound rather than the 'ktt' he had been expecting, and he suddenly realised why as the wall collapsed, revealing a small chamber behind.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3124
Profile #16
The maid awoke when she heard the "pock" sound made by the adventurer's sword. She sat up warily looking about for the odd radish or worse yet a carrot. None were about thankfully. She saw the adventurer sitting by the wall, sword in hand, and the memories of the night before came flooding back.

Then, she realized he'd found the secret room. The map! She remembered he'd been looking for a map. The adventurer's attention was focused on the roon he'd found so he'd not realized that the maid had awakened. He was startled when she said, "I'll show you the map, and will tell you of the treasures, if you let me go with you."

The adventurer laughed at her request and chuckled a "good morning to you too." She was so fast he had hardly seen her move. She had reached down and pulled a dagger from her garter and thrown it, the dagger now in the wall next to his head. "I'll be a-going with you, I said", she said most firmly.

Recognizing her skills, the adventurer agreed to take her along and asked, "Well, what of the treasures then?"

--------------------
Larry Hardiman
Shock Trooper
Member # 2300
Profile #17
The maid reached for her cleavage

'No!' exclaimed the adventurer firmly. 'We agreed not to partake in these activities after....last time'

'Will ye shut up ye old greasy doormat' she replied, 'I'm getting the map'.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3124
Profile #18
Still muttering curses at the adventurer, the maid rustled about in her blouse and with a loud "Ah-hah!" she pulled out a folded, worn, map drawn crudely on a small piece of calfskin. "I had me Da put it on this so's it wouldn't chafe like the vellum one did," she remarked idly to the adventurer, who was oddly amused as he watched her shift and squirm in her attempts to retrieve the map.

"And as fer you," she said pointing a finger at the adventurer, "are you going to fix the wall you've knocked in? That was me loo, you fool."

"Ah, so it is," the man said as he looked further into the room and saw the, well, the accoutrements of such a room, and all the bottles, brushes, and other oddities a maiden keeps about. "Probably uses this stuff to keep up her retail value," he muttered to himself.

"I 'eard that," she said back to him. "C'mere you, you've 'pocked' around enough. Let's look at this map."

They looked at the map, now spread out on the table. It showed the inn and had a route marked that ended at what looked like a small cave entrance. "The treasue is in here," the maid said. She related to the adventurer the tale of how her father had discovered the cave many years ago. The cave had a great amount of treasure, stolen from many a trader over many years by generations of bandits all now gone, stowed away in its many tunnels, free for the taking...except for the guard. The guard it seemed was a rather large adolescent male dragon. He also loved treasue and had turned many would-be treasure hunters aside oft times before, much as he had done with the last of the bandits that had tried to call the cave home.

The man looked at the route again. He knew the cave's location as he'd passed by there before. He pointed however, to a small tower drawn on the map very near which the route passed roughly half way to the cave. "What is that?" he asked the maid.

"That, my companion, is our first hurdle. That is the dark tower of the evil Necrophile the Necromancer. Anyways, 'round here we just call him Nicky the Necro. He's got a fair amount of wards set about and he uses ghouls to patrol his lands. We have no choice but to pass near the tower. We must be prepared. Have you fought against such before?"

[ Thursday, July 10, 2003 05:50: Message edited by: Onomatopoeia ]

--------------------
Larry Hardiman
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #19
OOC: this RP, though only two people participate, is plain hilarious? i'll join. i'll RP as the usual "Wise Man the Elite Blademaster", twin ninja blades instead of a glaive this time.

IC:
Wise Man, on his travels to find the Crystal of Rebirth, the only item that will revive his wife Camilla (OOC: I tried to develop this plot in NSI but couldn't, with the arguing and, well, FB.). He knew that there were only two in existance - one was in an unknown location, the other was in his father's hands.

On a lighter note, the Blademasters' Guild gave him a Flight Pack as recognition of his skill and ability to properly use it. A Flight Pack is powered by the user's soul energy, instead of conventional rocket fuel. He flew by the Inn of Blades. The blademaster had the attention to land in front of the main entrance, but, not paying attention, he flew into somebody's room. There he saw a supposed couple who were apparently planning some trip. The two stared at him.

"Hey, sorry about the crashing into the room," Wise Man apologized and stood up.

The woman grumbled. "I'll make you pay for that window when I'm done with this."

"Oh," Wise Man nodded. "You two seem ... an unlikely couple."

"I'm an adventurer," the man explained. "And the barmaid wants to come with."

"Ah," Wise Man acknowledged, then asked, "can I tag along?"

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Warrior
Member # 3124
Profile #20
As the window shattered, the two would be adventurers jumped under the table as shards of glass and odd bits of masonry scattered about the room. They waited but a short time for the dust and debris to settle and poked their heads out from under the small table.

"And just 'oo in the blazes would ye be," the maiden shouted at the man who'd invaded their planning meeting, quite abruptly as one would say.

"I've told you, fair maid. The name's Wise Man, though my manner may be otherwise. I'm in search of adventure and treasure. I heard but snippets ere I crashed through said window, but I knows ye be planning a trip, I do." answered Wise Man as he patted dust off his clothing.

The adventurer looked over Wise Man trying to guess his abilities. "Before we let you join, you must tell us first how you may help us. Have you weapons? Have you skills beside breaking down walls? Just one more thing, she's hardly the fair maid but more of a saucy tart" He added the last bit with a quick little wink.

The barmaid heard the last comment, though uttered softly. She was actually quite hurt and felt a deep resentment that no one had actually given her a name beyond "maid", "maiden", "tart", and, well buxom was quite right. "Me name's Triksana, but most just call me Triksi," she said in a low voice. She turned next to Wise Man and said, "Well, we been waitin...what can ye do? And you are a-fixin this up before ye go anywhere and," as she pointed to the adventurer, "you can 'elp 'im fix the loo."

--------------------
Larry Hardiman
Shock Trooper
Member # 3026
Profile #21
OOC: Since it seems to have moved to an upstairs bedroom...

A small, fluffy rabbit with grey fur hopped up the stairs. The inn seemed strange after his long absence. Henri was taking a well-deserved... er, nap with one of the barmaids, and the inn's common room had been abandoned. So Moppet (for that was our hero's name) had squeezed through the doors of the dining room, found the back stairs, and climbed up to the disused rooms in search of solace and perhaps a nap. When he peered around the edge of the doorframe, he was surprised to see his usual room already occupied.

What was Triksi, bless her heart, doing in his reserved quarters? And who were the two disreputable looking fellows with her? Certainly not the patrons he remembered. And the window was smashed - someone would have to pay for that. And what was that chip in the wall? This wouldn't do at all. The small ball of fuzz with the adorable eyes drew himself up to his full height (exactly fourteen and a half inches) and marched in.

"Excuse me..."
Triksi looked away from one of the adventurers and started at the sight of him.
"Master Moppet, gov!"
"Triksi, what are you doing in my quarters! Miss - get out at once! Gentlemen, I'll have to ask you to leave. Really, can't you do this sort of thing somewhere else?"
"Why is it that every soul that wanders in these here doors assumes we're gettin' up to somethin' of that nature?" inquired the maid rhetorically.
"Moppet, I can't make these gents leave, we're plannin' somethin' and seein' as you've been away for so long you might want to jest park yer furry behind somewheres else fer a couple av 'ours. Don' worry yerself, we'll be leavin' soon."
Moppet was used to this sort of thing from Triksi... but leaving?

"Leaving!" exclaimed the enraged rabbit.
"And where might you be going off to, abandoning this establishment! You think you can just wander off with whoever you like whenever you like? What about your contract and duty towards this inn?" This remark was somewhat hypocritical, of course.
"And who are you to give her orders?" said one of the adventurers, springing to Triksi's defense.
Moppet stared up at the man in shock for a few seconds, then puffed out his chest and slit his eyes dangerously.
"Don't you think," he began, staring into the man's eyes hypnotically,
"Don't you think that the owner of a respected inn such as this deserves a modicum of respect and obedience from his employees?"

[ Thursday, July 10, 2003 17:05: Message edited by: Nye ]

--------------------
And this was very odd because
It was the middle of the night
- Lewis Carrol

well well well aren't we resilient

Oh the fun

Most generalizations are, unfortunately, true.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #22
"I don't like to boast my abilities, but meh." Wise Man produced a block of wood, seemingly from nowhere, and tossed it into the air. He drew his twin ninja blades, and with swift but fluid cuts and slices reduced it to sawdust before it landed.

"A blademaster indeed..." The adventurer nodded.

Ignoring the interruption Wise Man sheathed his blades and placed two surviving bricks from the floor on top of the table, side by side. He then leaped out the window with shurikens in hand, and threw them in mid air. All the shurikens hit their marks. He climbed back up the wall with speed close to that of a ninja doing the same thing, and entered.

"Is that enough?" Wise Man asked. "And no, I'm not tired."

EDIT: this happened before Nye's post.

[ Thursday, July 10, 2003 17:19: Message edited by: Plain Old Wise Man ]

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Warrior
Member # 3124
Profile #23
Triksi was still stunned at the sudden appearance of Master Moppet as it had been quite a spell since he'd last checked the inn. She wondered now if it were he that had tossed that odd bit of sharpened asparagus at her. Triksi could see Moppet's concentration as he was speaking with the yet unnamed adventurer and the new chap, Wise Man, and knew he was using his infernal hypnotic abilities on them.

"Master Moppet...guv'ner," she cooed. "Ye know I'd not be disrespectful to ye a-purpose. I swore to ye that very thing the day you bought me Mum an' me from that caravan. But this trip, it be to get some treasure, Moppet, aye treasure. Would ye not be wantin' ta git some fer yerself guv?"

The thought of even greater wealth captured the attention of Moppet and he broke his hold on the two adventurers. He turned to Triksi and said firmly, "Tell me more, lass, tell me of the treasure."

Triksi related the tale she had told the adventurer of the cave, the dragon, and the first obstacle Nicky the Necro. Wise Man, who the adventurers had decided would be a welcome addition to their little band, listened intently also as he'd not heard the full plan until now, but only the parts at the end. Moppet was quite interested. He had to use much of his money to bail his son Peter out of the local gendarmerie for a nasty incident with a farmer. And so the plan was started.

[ Friday, July 11, 2003 03:51: Message edited by: Onomatopoeia ]

--------------------
Larry Hardiman
Shock Trooper
Member # 2300
Profile #24
As Triksi finished her explanation, the unnamed adventurer took a small breath, as if about to begin a long, important speech. Then he began a long, important speech.

'Friends....we are gathered here as fellow adventurers. As adventurers, we do not wait for Adventure to come to us (here he stared quickly at Moppet) - instead we find Adventure. Today - yes, my friends, this very morn - The Great Four will set out to hunt down Adventure. Mighty Moppet - with...er....what is it you do again?'

Moppet shrugged, as much as it is possible for a rabbit to shrug.

'Well......I can, er, look after the accounts...'

'The accounts?'

'Well yes, erm, adventurers need accountants, you know.....'

'They do?'

'Erm......well...oh yeah, I can hypnotize people too!'

'So your abilities amount to ....accounting and hypnotization?'

'And being a sweet little furry rabbit,' Moppet added in an important voice.

'Yes....I can see you're going to be a valuable asset.....anyway.....oh yes,' said the adventurer, finally regaining his thread, 'and as well as the Mighty Moppet, Saucy Triksi, with her great powers of, um, being saucy? And the Holder Of The Map, of course' he added hastily at a saucy glare from Triksi. 'And a talented pulling-knives-out-of-garters-and-throwing-them-er.'

The adventurer turned to Wise Man, this time with true reverence. 'And, of course, great Wise Man, blessed with his Flying Pack and bladesmanship. Oh, and me.' The last comment was said with a slightly dismissive tone, as if it was only natural that he should be part of such a Party Of Legends.

'Ok folks,' he finished in a less formal tone, 'I think it's haggis for our first meal, at this prestigious Inn.....I'll go and get the sheep.'

[ Friday, July 11, 2003 03:53: Message edited by: Scipio ]

--------------------

Pages