Inn Of Blades V2.0

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Inn Of Blades V2.0
Warrior
Member # 3124
Profile #25
Triksi had never been fond of long winded speeches, nor even those of much shorter breath. She was always too easily reminded of the excessively long lectures given by Moppet. Endless talks they were, always of debits, credits, earnings estimates, and his endless tirades of "balance the books!". So Triksi listened only halfheartedly as she dressed herself for the adventure. She had a fine set of gear, she thought to herself, as she donned her mithril camisole and her favorite cotton lined, mithril panties. The padded leather armor, quite form fitting, went over all and the bright green cloak finished the look. She was ready to go by the time the adventurer had finished his rather tedious speech.

Wise Man collected his pieces of weaponry that he had tossed about during his exhibition. He disliked having to prove himself to this lot but could well understand their hesitation. After all, he'd crashed into the room rather abruptly. He was soon readied for the adventure and started toward the dining room. "An' just what the 'ell is haggis," he wondered. "I hope it's got nothing odd in it." He had fancied the meal after hearing the part about the sheep; liking a good leg of lamb himself. He knew little of the ways of haggis...

Moppet readied himself also. After the "speechifying" was done, he left quickly to gather some ledger books, pencils, a small set of counting beads, and his quite fancy pocket watch especially enchanted for difficult hypnosis candidates. How rude, he thought, these people were. What value was he? Bah! He'd show them. They've no idea what a sharpened #2 can do to a body when properly wielded by a master accountant!

The adventurer had left and was now romping about the pasture in search of the sheep.

Little did the small band know, but Henri had been listening outside the door of the room. The adventurer had not seen him in the darkness of the hall as he was much too excited about the possibility of well prepared haggis, if such can happen. He had long served as the head chef for Nicky the Necro (the aforementioned evil necromancer, yet to be more formally introduced), albeit on merely a part-time basis, for if Moppet ever found out....he shuddered at the thoughts that came to him. Those hind feet hurt a great deal when one is being "rabbit punched" by them. He quietly eased his way down the hall and left the inn quickly on his way to inform his true liege of the adventurering party's impending arrival.

[ Friday, July 11, 2003 05:49: Message edited by: Onomatopoeia ]

--------------------
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.
Larry Hardiman
Shock Trooper
Member # 3026
Profile #26
"Now really, can't we have buttered toast instead? Why don't we ever serve something nice?"

"Och, yer not a true Scot if ye don't like yer haggis."

"Well, that's right, I come from London. I'm not a true Scot."

"Lunnen?"

"It's in an alternate dimension. Come along, Wise Man. We'll have toast and tea."

"Where's the toaster?"
"Where's the cook?"

[ Friday, July 11, 2003 06:51: Message edited by: Nye ]

--------------------
And this was very odd because
It was the middle of the night
- Lewis Carrol

well well well aren't we resilient

Oh the fun

Most generalizations are, unfortunately, true.
Warrior
Member # 3124
Profile #27
By this time, Triksi, Moppet, and Wise Man had all gathered in the dining room. Moppet was quite hungry and seeing bits of lettuce lying on the table, he gleefully jumped up, sat down, and began to nibble earnestly. Triksi and the Wise Man wondered how the adventurer was getting on with finding a sheep for their meal.

The two headed toward the kitchen. As they entered the kitchen from the dining room door, the adventurer was coming through the door to the courtyard sans sheep yet covered in mud. "We'll just have to have something else for breakfast," he mumbled.

It was then that they noticed the absence of Henri. After deliberating for some time, they decided that something evil was afoot. They fixed a quick meal of toast, porridge, eggs, and sausages. They joined Moppet in the dining room and made plans to leave once done with breakfast. Triksi, the adventurer, and Wise Man discussed the best route while Moppet carefully and skillfully wrote down in is ledgers the costs of what had been consumed.

--------------------
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.
Larry Hardiman
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #28
A man opened the front door of the inn, walked through, and closed it softly. "Henri is dead!" he shouted. The men stared at each other. Triksi stared at Moppet, promptly falling under his hypnotic spell. Moppet, staring back at her, was hypnotised as well, and both snapped out of it when they fell to the ground.

The man removed his cloak from the chair behind him and took his watch from Wise Man. "It is one. Henri died at thirteen." He adjusts the hand on the clock, moving it past the bottom of the top of his shirt.

Coming back into the inn, he picked up his cloak from his legs and put it besides the dumpster of the palace. "There is only one way to save Henri. We must join the grand assassin to prevent him. He is going to kill the prime minister in the Capital."

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 3124
Profile #29
The adventuring party was dismayed at the appearance of this mystery man. They were equally dismayed at the way he deftly avoided the bonds of time. They all shook their heads in unison to shake off the cobwebs that surely were clouding their collective minds. Moppets ears made a soft flapping noise as he shook his head.

As they regained their senses, they looked at one another and almost as if on cue they exclaimed together, "the mushrooms!!!". Yes, they'd not been careful collecting their vittles for breakfast and had merely grabbed what looked like ordinary mushrooms. Henri must have purchsed the mushrooms from that darned fruit monger in town instead of the regular veggie-vendor. To confirm their idea they searched the inn high and low, but could find no trace of this man they thought they had heard and seen. Moppet, with his fine nose for things financial, did indeed find a receipt in the kitchen made out to Henri for the purchse of mushrooms from the previously mentioned fruit monger.

After the thorough search, they met in the foyer of the inn. They adjusted their equipment, and left the inn on their quest for the treasures that lay before them.

As they closed the door behind them, the man they'd been searching for stepped from the shadows and laughed to himself.....

[ Friday, July 11, 2003 09:23: Message edited by: Onomatopoeia ]

--------------------
Larry Hardiman
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #30
LoL, this RP seems to promise fun. Are there any vacancies left for more characters to join in??

[ Friday, July 11, 2003 12:41: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Shock Trooper
Member # 2300
Profile #31
The party stared at this strange intruder styling himself 'The_Nazgul'.

OOC: I suppose so. Just stay IC from now on IMAGE(Inn Of Blades V20 (2)_files/biggrin.gif)
Also, we should probably officialy distribute character parts. We're getting a bit....lax IMAGE(Inn Of Blades V20 (2)_files/smile.gif) Here's what I propose:
Myself:Adventurer
Onomatopoeia:Triksi
Wise Man: Guess who....
Moppet: Anyone?
I personally prefer writing it this way, but I wouldn't mind either way.

IC:

The party decided to search for an antidote to the strange mushrooms they had eaten. They knew that Henri would have been able to come up with just the thing, but of course he could no longer be trusted.

The adventurer and Moppet sat (or rather, Moppet hopped onto a chair and stood on his hind legs) at a table, looking through Henri's old recipe book for a suitable antidote.

'Well', said the adventurer, 'hollondaise seemed to work with asparagus.....but what goes with mushroom?'

Moppet pretended to look pensive and intelligent. In reality he did not have a clue about cooking of any sort. Fresh lettuce leaves and the occasional carrot did him fine, thank-you-very-much.

'Aha!' exclaimed the adventurer, whom at this random, insignificant point in the story we shall name Scipio (OOC: IMAGE(Inn Of Blades V20 (2)_files/cool.gif) ). 'Here we are...', he said triumphantly, pointing at the title of a recipe. Moppet, whilst incredibly talented with numbers, had extreme difficulty with reading and writing (well actually, he couldn't be bothered). He struggled to read the title, but finally made out...

--------------------
Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." - Soviet infantry manual, 1930's
Posts: 267 | Registered: Wednesday, November 27 2002 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3124
Profile #32
[OOC though I hate it] Here are my proposals; not that I am the leader but more because I was enjoying the style and the flow we had going. I also think this can be a very successful venture done this way. 1) As you'll notice each post has been a 'scene' written by each poster. I like this idea. It does mean though that you have to keep track of where everyone is and what they've been doing as you post. I have the entire story cut and pasted into a long text file to make it easier for me. Writing the way it has been done is phenomenal! The entire thing reads like a book. 2) As new characters join you must describe them via their speech style, actions, and attitudes. This way the next poster can pick up the story with the new additions and can maintain the character as you've described them. 3) This method also allows for people who cannot post often to still participate in the storytelling process. Other RP's become very disjointed if each participant only writes what his character does. 4) Do not kill off or maim another person's character in your scene. The original owner is the only one allowed to write their death scene.

I think we can all have a good time trying it this way. I agree with Scipio's breakdown and would like to volunteer to play Moppet if, I think it was Nazgul, does not return. If he does, Moppet can be his again.

Oh, I think it would be great if we limit OOC to a bare minimum. Asides can be made as parenthetical comments in your scene. As you can see from prior posts I enjoy a little irreverence, some humor, and lots of creativity. I thought Scipio had written me into a corner with the asparagus bit. I took that as a challenge and wrote my way out of it. This is a great way to exercise creativity and in general have fun

The best way to continue may be this: if you agree just join in. If you disagree maybe PM me and we'll work it out. I have enjoyed this very much and feel it is becoming one of the best RP's I've seen on this board.

John
</OOC>

--------------------
Larry Hardiman
Shock Trooper
Member # 3026
Profile #33
OOC (sorry!): I posted at the top of the page, but everyone missed it. It's after Flavius' and before... um, Flavius'. Ah me. IMAGE(Inn Of Blades V20 (2)_files/rolleyes.gif) How I am ignored.

I'm still here.

IC:

"F-ff-fy... Fine Ah-a, a, Arborio Rise. Rice." The keen adventurer observed Moppet's difficulties and, without making comment, took up reading the description and recipe to the assembled party.

"Cancels out the nullifying effect of mushrooms, but is very hard to obtain. Can be found in boggy, poisonous gourmet plantations in most northern provinces. Once you have at least two kilograms, scent it with essence of jasmine and shred in some saffron. The saffron is necessary to add exotic zing to the dish and clear the tastebuds of the inflicted. Add a pinch of Wild Thyme(s on the town with your college buddies), as much youth as you can spare, and a bulb of whiffy garlic. Pour over some Old Janx Spirit. Serve hot. Makes enough for three."

And at the bottom:

"This tangy, aromatic risotto is guaranteed to surprise and delight your friends. It is historically been used as an antidote for Hennison's Nullifiying Fungal Disease."

The four members of the party stared, disheartened.

"How are we ever going to cook up that lot?" asked Wise Man.

"Those ingredients are costly," sighed Moppet. "And we're all pretty down on our luck financially," he added, glancing from his own shabby tuxedo to Triksiana's sadly tattered petticoat to the adventurers' meager packs.

"Do any of us even know how to cook?" interjected Scipio.

Everybody shook their heads, defeated.

As before, Moppet's ears flapped softly, the only noise in the quiet room.

[ Friday, July 11, 2003 16:08: Message edited by: Nye ]

--------------------
- Lewis Carrol

Oh the fun

Warrior
Member # 3096
Profile #34
OOC: This is starting to become interesting. Count me in! IMAGE(Inn Of Blades V20 (2)_files/tongue.gif)

IC: Suddently, a big, badass, men-looking women (a lesbo, obviously) entered the inn.

"Heya guys!" she said with a booming voice. " What's going on there?"

Everyone look at her with a disgusted face.

"Oh."

--------------------
You go in, You go out, Repeat if necessary. - The Official Moron Guide For Sex

Be disgusted! (Not really)
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #35
"Well..." Wise Man started. "I do know some basic cooking. When you're kicked out of your family because you're a mutant in a family of 'perfect' magi, you have to learn how to take care of yourself."

"What." was all Triksi could say.

"How are you a mutant?" the adventurer asked. "You don't look any different from a normal human."

"It's internal," Wise Man answered. "Near immunity to harmful magic and a powerful soul, but very little strength and very little reaction to positive magic."

"Anyways, we should start looking." Wise Man took out a biscuit and ate it, then stood up, to a full height of 5'9".

"You are thin," the large manly woman remarked. "And with Asian features too. But, yep, you're not muscular at all."

"Shut up about my slight stature already."

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shock Trooper
Member # 3026
Profile #36
Moppet sighed. "We'll have to make a 'CLOSED DUE TO BANKRUPTCY' sign for the inn's door some time soon. We simply can't keep having people barging in for no reason like this.

"Ma'am, I suggest you leave. We are having some problems involving fungi and traitor right now, and this would not be the most convenient time to check in."

Triksi was startled at her master's frankness. Usually he would say something like "WE HAVE NO VACANCIES! PLEASE COME BACK LATER! THANKS!', disregarding the fact that the ballroom sized dining hall was empty, or "I'm sorry, we do not serve those of your sexual orientation." Actually, on second thought, he wouldn't say that. That would be bad for business. The first comment, in all its illogical glory, was more like him.

All of a sudden, her tangential thought reached its dead end and Triksi realised that the five individuals in the room were standing around hopelessly, dumb and expectant, and that she, as usual, would have to take the initiative.

Sighing, she did so.

"Wait! I dare say this gel looks like an awful big strong'un, and she may be useful on our h'expeditions. Fighting off the baddies and so on. Me apologies, friend Scipio, and you, Wise Man - y' may be good with the swords but y'aven't got much more muscle than a chicken between youse. Why, I could take you on meself, supposin' I wasn't such a laidy." Here the wench coughed delicately.

"Hold your horses!" exclaimed Scipio. "She hasn't even offered her services yet. And I object to you referring to my manly sinew as being similar to a chicken's!" He flexed his 'manly sinew' threateningly.

Wise Man took this up in his quiet, courteous manner. "My lady," he began, addressing the large woman. "Would you consider joining our small party and setting off, first in quest of the ingredients for this mushroom antidote? Oh, and do you have any skills in the kitchen?" he added dubiously.

"We'd pay, of course," put in the bunny.

--------------------
- Lewis Carrol

Oh the fun

Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #37
OOC: Since I have a real problem with grammar I shall make myself a foreing character.

Suddenly the Inn's main doors slamed open, outside the rain had started with thunders and lightning decorating the sky. Out in the cold rainy night a figure could be seen standing at the entrance. His apearence was followed by a few thunders and lightnings iluminating momentaniously the Inn. The figure entered the Inn making some squashing sounds as he steped in. He was wearing a black cloak all over him wich had absorbed all the water it could possibly get. The man uncovered his face. It seemed the rain was the only shower this man had taken in years. His face was of a foreign man, he had the face of a man who had seen many battles, and been on many Spiderweb FW threads. He was not so tall and by the look's you could tell he was from the distant sunny lands to the south.

New arrival: Hola amigos, my name is Kel-Aziz, I am an unemployed ex-Royal Guard from the distant and now extint Darubian Empire. I do not mean to interrupt your fiesta but its realy rany outside and I was wondering if I could get some shelter at this wonderfull windowless inn. In exchange for a night here I may give you these boggy, poisonous gourmet plantations I have found on my travels pluss some other random stuff I have managed to pickpocket in my travels.

In the table Kel Aziz droped two kilograms of the stuff along with some essence of jasmine, a shrinked head, saffron, a pinch of Wild Thyme, an explicit adult content book, a bulb of whiffy garlic, an holografic pokemon trading card, some Old Janx Spirit and a Ricky Martin CD.

Kel-Aziz: Thats all I got, just be carefull with that stuff, most of it is realy dangerous.

OOC: I would like to add a special note about RP. This one goes for you Daconvid.

5) Avoid mixing in the backgrounds or history of other characters.

EXAMPLE:
Moppet: Wise Man!! listen well...I am your mother.
Wise Man: Nooooooo!!!

I know that was disturbing but I had to make a clear point since I had a problem like that in a previous RP with Daconvid. IMAGE(Inn Of Blades V20 (2)_files/wink.gif)

[ Friday, July 11, 2003 17:03: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Shock Trooper
Member # 3026
Profile #38
Moppet, Triksi, Wise Man and Scipio stared at the stuff on the table.

"Well."
"That really is coincidental."
"To the point of being terrifying."
"'Oo exactly are ya, Kel-Aziz? An' 'ow do you know what you know?"

--------------------
- Lewis Carrol

Oh the fun

Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #39
Kel-Aziz was already making himself a comfortable bed under the counter with some discarded clothing left by some of the drunk locals who visited the Inn. At the same time Moppet took hold of the adult content book and moved to a corner quietly.

Kel-Aziz: Im no mage, just a...Ohhhh I'm tired...just an unemployed mercenary, I could help you in any mission. I have also some lockpicking skills and disarming traps knowledge that..(grabs a bottle from the counter and takes a whole drink off it)...may become handy ifff yourreverneeditgnnnzzzzzzZZzz.

With that the visitor fell asleep over the counter.

[ Friday, July 11, 2003 17:29: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #40
A raised eyebrow was Wise Man's reaction. "That was rubbing alcohol, that idiot."

[ Friday, July 11, 2003 17:35: Message edited by: Plain Old Wise Man ]

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Warrior
Member # 3096
Profile #41
OOC: Dont worry! Everything gonna be fine Aziz IMAGE(Inn Of Blades V20 (2)_files/biggrin.gif)

IC:

"I join!" said the big woman, with a smile. "But for the cooking... I'll see what i can do for the fungus."

This said, she noticed Kel-Aziz. "Oh, i almost forgot..." *Put a letter in Aziz's pocket* "It's from an old friend of him." Then she ran into the kitchen.

" Oh, and you can call me "Butch"."

--------------------
You go in, You go out, Repeat if necessary. - The Official Moron Guide For Sex

Be disgusted! (Not really)
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #42
The prime minister puttered around the ceiling-floored anteroom to the palace, thinking about his previous assassination. "The grand assassin is stopping to help at eleven. Has he lived long yet?"

One of his guards stopping around the corner stepped into the dumpster and replied, "Once past three oranges."

"Fruit!" exclaimed the prime minister, removing his coat and stepping out into the boiling cold. He walked back two streets, then trotted two forward, arriving at the circus.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
====
Shock Trooper
Member # 2300
Profile #43
OOC: I think that's enough characters for the time being IMAGE(Inn Of Blades V20 (2)_files/biggrin.gif) Also the story's getting a bit fragmented and queer....write in paragraphs, not in the form:

Scipio: Wow, look, I'm big and strong!

Instead, write like this:

'Wow, look,' exclaimed Scipio, 'I'm big and strong!'

And what is this prime minister/fruit/assassin thing? I'm getting confused IMAGE(Inn Of Blades V20 (2)_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." - Soviet infantry manual, 1930's
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #44
Scipio looked around in confusion. Confusion stared back at him and laughed. Shaking his head, his hands dropped to his side, which let out a yelp of pain. "What this bit about the prime minister?"

"We've got no idea," replied the wise man to the adventurer.

"Something about Henri, I'd presume," muttered Moppet mightily.

Scipio looked to Triksi, who shrugged, not looking back at him but behind him. Scipio, looked into Triksi's eyes could see the wall behind him in reflection, but upon looking he lost the gaze of Triksi and fell to Moppet, who was tearing a page out of the cookbook with his teeth.

"What?" he enquired with a grin. "I was hoping to digest the knowledge." Sheepishly (or was it rabbitly?), he put down the page.

"Do we have to save the prime minister to find Henri? Who was this fruit monger that sold Henri those mushrooms, anyway?"

--------------------
====
====
Shock Trooper
Member # 2300
Profile #45
'Aha!' yelled Moppet suddenly, ears flapping triumphantly. 'I know his face....and his name for that matter.'

He looked thoughtful.

He continued to look thoughtful.

Finally emerging from his daydream about a holiday on the Great Lettuce Farms of Vegotonia, he spoke again.

'We were....ah, yes.... Deus Absit was his name. Decent man.....well at least he used to be. That was before he started insulting the colour of my fur. "Only white rabbits are worthy of anything", he said to me, "now get back in your cage!". Well, these things happen.'

The rest of the party gaped at him. Moppet was being unusually informative. Even Butch caught on with the drift and pretended to look surprised.

'Well,' said Triksi firmly, 'I'm glad we cleared that one up. Now, enough talking, and enough taking onboard everyone who walks through the doors. We're hitting the toad!'

Everyone stared at the buxom barmaid.

'Er, I mean road!', she finished uncertainly.

At this a stream of complaints began to issue from the mouths of several of those present. Moppet began to complain that he had not had a flea bath for the past 6 hours. Scipio was already tired from running after sheep to make haggis with, and failing to catch any.

'Well...... we could just stay here for a few days first....hell, it's only Nicky the Necro after all!'

The effect of the mushrooms had made them forget entirely about the fruit monger . If only they had been snappier getting hold of that rice....

[ Saturday, July 12, 2003 06:06: Message edited by: Scipio ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #46
OOC: I'd try to join, but I have no clue whats going on.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #47
OOC: I have trouble playing in this as well. Could someone explain or resume what is going on in here? I dont understand the prime minister/fruit/assassin thing.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3124
Profile #48
OOC: Skip the prime minister thing. The post is nicely written but is not really a part of the story.

--------------------
Larry Hardiman
Shock Trooper
Member # 2300
Profile #49
And so the noble party of adventurers spent their first night together at the Inn of Blades. They were all very weary, given the day's activities, and most of them simply sat at the bar chatting (again, Moppet, finding this difficult, hopped onto the bar itself) - all but one. Wise Man sat in a different corner, prodding and poking what appeared to be a black catskin.

Triksiana went over to see what he was up to, and closer examination soon revealed that what had appeared to be a catskin was in fact a voodoo puppet of Nicky the Necro. He was putting the final touches to the hideous, yet cuddly-cute 'doll'.

'Ooooooh,' exclaimed Triksi, 'that stuff works?'

Wise Man looked up

'Yes, this 'stuff' does work. I am going to use this 'stuff' to probe 'Nicky''s mind.'

'Does that mean we can see things like....what brand of bubble bath he uses?'

Wise Man raised his eyebrows in a wise, discerning manner.

'Lady, do you think that our defeating this evil necromancer really hinges on what products he uses for personal hygiene?'

At this comment, Kel-Aziz suddenly turned to face Wise Man in the corner.

'Well, actually, I think you'll find it does...'

[ Sunday, July 13, 2003 12:48: Message edited by: Scipio ]

--------------------

Pages