Other Authors in Exile

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Other Authors in Exile
Warrior
Member # 2000
Profile Homepage #25
I think :P counts as a syllable there Alex. Besides, A Nephil could haul a Slith's ass. (Cooooooome On Flame War)

--------------------
Since Imban Likes to Edit my Posts ...

... And Drakey likes to edit your signature. Stop it, Ed.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #26
How about Terry Pratchett's 'Old English'

And ye mightye partye didde emerge fromme the front gate of the greatte Fortte Emergence, and it was goodde. They behelde the beauteous skye and the fair sunne, and wandered downne to explore more offe the lande, forre they didde spye a greatte citye in the distance. They werre thenne ambushed by a hoste of strange creatures the likes offe which theye had nevere seenne before! Slimye globbes of mucke and jellye, that were brightelye coloured! But the aliene fyendes were quickelye dispatchéd, and the mightye heroes wandered on downne the hille.

;)

[ Wednesday, June 25, 2003 00:58: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #27
Or Victor Hugo and his pointless rambling.

In the city of Fort E-----, six adventurers were held, as it was in Homer's epic tale of Ulysses and his men; one might say that the foremost of these adventurers, a Ulysses in himself, had such a countenance, and had he fought at Waterloo, where great Napoleon fell, calling to his steward, "Fetch me a horse," but the steward had gone, and great Napoleon's life ebbed there on the battlefield...now, in the days of Napoleon, where men spoke argot, that hideous tongue of the sewers, which has been solely responsible for the decline of Parisian society, through its despicable base crudeness, as we see in the case of Patron-Minette, who can be seen as parallels to four of the unwelcome suitors in Homer's epic...

EDIT: Oh, and a haiku:

Big powerful sliths
Whoop the puny Nephilim--
Ha! Who's laughing now?

[ Wednesday, June 25, 2003 03:20: Message edited by: Mangophobia ]

--------------------
"Man hands down misery to man. It deepens like a coastal shelf. Get out as early as you can, and don't have any kids yourself."--Philip Larkin, "This Be the Verse"

Fear the wrath of the Grammar Wench, lest ye be cut down by the Glistening Scythe.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3026
Profile #28
Oscar Wilde:

(Miss Redmark sits on her throne, accompanied by four Doomguards. ENTER Jenneke, Thissa, Frrrrrrr, Adrianna, Feodoric, and Michael.)

Jenneke: Hullo, is Miss Redmark in? Ah, there you are, Erika.

Miss Redmark: A man or woman who calls a lady by her first name when not fully acquainted has no right to be in the presence of said lady, let alone to live.

Jenneke: I am very sorry, Miss Redmark.

Miss Redmark: Apologies suit you worse than that plate mail you are wearing. What is that funny cat thing you are with?

Adrianna: That is our trusted compatriot, Frrrr, Miss Redmark.

Miss Redmark: Felines do not agree with me.

Michael: Do you mean that you are allergic to them, ma'am?

Miss Redmark: No, I mean that they are cold, unconscientious little things who would not humour an old lady.

Doomguard 1: More tea, modom?

Miss Redmark: Yes, I think so, Huxley. Pour some for these strange people as well. I must have time to examine them more fully. Tell me, you there, are you a girl or a boy?

Jenneke: Well, I do not know, to tell you the truth.

Miss Redmark: A man/woman must know his/her gender if he wishes to know him/herself. How do you ever know how to hold a salad fork?

--------------------
And this was very odd because
It was the middle of the night
- Lewis Carrol

well well well aren't we resilient

Oh the fun

Most generalizations are, unfortunately, true.
Warrior
Member # 3124
Profile #29
Tom Clancy:

The portal was a Cyberport model 312H. Not many had been made as the primary source of fuel was only found in the former Soviet Union. Ryan knew the ex-KGB agent had infiltrated through the portal. Ryan gripped his Flame Branded Sword made in Yugoslavia. It was the preferred weapon among most anti-terror teams.

His mind went back to Tor. "That clown knows something," he thought to himself. He would have to go back and question this man a bit more.

Ryan went back to the general store. He tried to speak to Tor. Damn!! The question he needed was not on the pop-up! He slapped Tor and tried again. Still the choices were too slim. He left and tried an older approach upon his return. He tried talking to Tor once again. Tor was not amused by the one word questions and said "I don't know what you mean." to every question posed.

Ok, enough... :)

--------------------
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.
Larry Hardiman
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #30
Arancaytar, you left out the capitalizations!...

And ye mightye Partye didde Emerge fromme the Front Gate of the greatte Fortte Emergence, and it was Goodde. They behelde the beauteous Skye and the fair Sunne, and wandered downne to Explore more offe the Lande, forre they didde spye a greatte Citye in the distance. They werre thenne Ambushed by a hoste of Strange Creatures the likes offe which theye had nevere seenne before! Slimye Globbes of Mucke and Jellye, that were Brightelye Coloured! But the Aliene Fyendes were quickelye dispatchéd, and the Mightye Heroes wandered on downne the Hille.

jeez...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #31
On that note, Emily Dickinson style--

Because I could not stop for Avernum
It kindly Stopped for Me--
The Portal held but just Myself
And my other Adventurers Three.

Since then, 'tis Centuries--and yet--
It seems but Yesterday
I first surmised the Portal's Glow
Was towards Eternity--

--------------------
"Man hands down misery to man. It deepens like a coastal shelf. Get out as early as you can, and don't have any kids yourself."--Philip Larkin, "This Be the Verse"

Fear the wrath of the Grammar Wench, lest ye be cut down by the Glistening Scythe.
Warrior
Member # 734
Profile #32
Working on a concept I keep getting stuck but sounds like too much fun not to mention.

Piers Anthony, Xanth and of course Com Pewter!!! Maybe something with the Magician Humphrey, the demon Xnth, etc.

--------------------
Instant Human-Just add liberal doses of Coffee.
Shock Trooper
Member # 431
Profile #33
The Beatles style!

She was standing next to me
in the line for the portal
She was a really nice girl
So I asked her name (yeah, yeah)

But then I was thrown into the portal
And the girl yelled "see you down there!"
And I never knew her name
No I never knew her name
And I felt the pain of going down

Chorus:
La la la la la
I was now down in Exile
La la la la la
The bar's ale was really brown
La la la la la
There were cats and lizards talking to me
But I knew I wasn't on LSD

I talked to a guy named Tor
And he gave me some supplies
So I asked for the nearest bar
Where I could have some quality wine
But he replied "I don't know what you're talking about"

Chorus:
La la la la la
I was now down in Exile
La la la la la
The bar's ale was really brown
La la la la la
There were cats and lizards talking to me
But I knew I wasn't on LSD

OK, OK... I couldn't finnish it. Pretty lame though, huh? :P

--------------------
GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY TOMATO!
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #34
Well, yeah, you've redefined the word... :P nice try though, much better than mine...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.

Pages