BOE "tough Npc" "Tournament

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: BOE "tough Npc" "Tournament
Apprentice
Member # 5660
Profile #0
I am going to have a "tournament" where I take 8 powerful guys from various BOE scenerios. I poll you guys on who I think will win, and at the end of the week, the winners(ones with most votes) go on to the next round.

Poll Information
This poll contains 4 question(s). 20 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=GOaRlCnLACpR"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=GOaRlCnLACpR"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
"Violence never solved anything except ending slavery, fascism and communism."
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Sounds kinda like the Arena. Only not.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #2
Hmm, my picks...

Katothen is described as having infinite, godlike power, but doesn't really use much of it in the Echoes series. Sovereign is thought to have infinite, godlike power, but doesn't really use much of it in the Arc. For coolness, though, Sovereign wins.

San-Racku wins. I mean, dude. He just eats whatever that other thing is and wins.

Zuwhiel was a real huge wuss - a non-magic-immune boss, then a boss that gets killed off before you rematch him. The Master wins, despite my not really knowing about him.

Rentar-Ihrno wins. I mean, Kassand's a Lich. Rentar's a Vahnatai Lord. Rentar just does the winning and Kassand just does the losing.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #3
I think Grimly would beat San-Racku, eventually.

I mean, one's mortal, one's immortal. Grimly would experience a world of pain first, but still.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #4
I guess I'll go with Rentar-Ihro on that one.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #5
I dunno. Grimly gets beaten up pretty easily as a moral until then- it'd just be a matter for San-Racku to keep Grimly trapped, emasculate him by taking away food, etc, and then waiting for thousands of years until Grimly becomes mortal.

Of course this is a hypothetical since San-Racku is, in actuality, defeated by nudging the PCs' shoulders very strenuously. I'm going with Grimly since San-Racku can only screw with me while I'm on crack.

Sovereign, on the other hand, is not actually described as being really powerful. Illithids and Boemen are comparable in strength (well, Illithids are more powerful, but regardless), Legion wasn't summoned by Sovereign (and Katothen wins by far if you include his friends), and Katothen made his own dimention.

Coolness factor or no, Katothen is outright more powerful. Including Echoes NPCs is a bad way to balance any poll of any sort, but you already made the mistake, so...

Master vs. Zuwhiel... Eh, Master doesn't actually get beaten up.

And as previously commented, Kassand is a lich and Rentar-Ihrno is a manifestation of Jeff's chauvinism and masculine insecurity, which is probably more powerful than us all.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5660
Profile #6
If you guys are all so unspeakably clever what 8 tough NPC's would YOU include. And remember, only 1 per universe.

--------------------
"Violence never solved anything except ending slavery, fascism and communism."
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
Uh, TM? Sovereign can apparently blow people up via remote control, whereas Katothen gets both halves of his ass handed to him by the player at various times. :P

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Le Martyre de la Terreur:

I dunno. Grimly gets beaten up pretty easily as a moral until then- it'd just be a matter for San-Racku to keep Grimly trapped, emasculate him by taking away food, etc, and then waiting for thousands of years until Grimly becomes mortal.

Of course this is a hypothetical since San-Racku is, in actuality, defeated by nudging the PCs' shoulders very strenuously. I'm going with Grimly since San-Racku can only screw with me while I'm on crack.

Sovereign, on the other hand, is not actually described as being really powerful. Illithids and Boemen are comparable in strength (well, Illithids are more powerful, but regardless), Legion wasn't summoned by Sovereign (and Katothen wins by far if you include his friends), and Katothen made his own dimention.

Coolness factor or no, Katothen is outright more powerful. Including Echoes NPCs is a bad way to balance any poll of any sort, but you already made the mistake, so...

Master vs. Zuwhiel... Eh, Master doesn't actually get beaten up.

And as previously commented, Kassand is a lich and Rentar-Ihrno is a manifestation of Jeff's chauvinism and masculine insecurity, which is probably more powerful than us all.

quote:

quote:

...emasculate him by taking away food...
Have you learnt nothing since NTH? :P

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Levitating Netherlander:

Uh, TM? Sovereign can apparently blow people up via remote control, whereas Katothen gets both halves of his ass handed to him by the player at various times. :P
Right, but he wanted you to beat him- see the Hyperion Mage in B2 and E:P. I still insist that blowing up a mere fortune teller is not as badass as having one's own private dimention.

(Although technically, Karl and Deacon are more powerful than he is.)

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #10
I'd like to see....

Baba Yaga vs. whoever. She is a minor god, after all.

--------------------
All that we see, or seem, is but a dream within a dream.

Visit the Louvre, the BoA Graphics Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boa/louvre/
Visit Alexandria, the BoE Scenario Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boe/alexandriajs/
Posts: 653 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #11
But who to pick as Ms. Yaga's opponent? Well, since most of the Baba Yaga stories I've heard tend to centre around small children getting the best of her, I suppose Timmy from AC2 is the obvious choice.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #12
The Dream Team from SPS versus the Mirror Party from NoE.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.