Nethergate 2.0!, 2.0!,2.0!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Nethergate 2.0!, 2.0!,2.0!
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #0
quote:
Originally written by Croikle:

From the newsletter:
quote:

We are about to begin beta testing of the Windows version of Geneforge 4: Rebellion, so it should be available in 2-3 months. After that, we will begin work on a new, more modern version of an old classic.
Yes, we are making Nethergate 2.0!
This makes me happy, though I haven't finished the original. Maybe I should do that when I've got some free time, since I did get the game. Anyone else excited? (what a silly question to ask....)

[ Monday, December 11, 2006 18:42: Message edited by: VCH ]

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Yes. Excitement abounds in other threads!

—Alorael, who hopes that the Puzzle Box remains a puzzle. A world like Nethergate's demands the inexplicable. The same goes for the wish fish, too.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #2
We wish...for a fish (my precious.)

It might bear mentioning that Nethergate 2.0 should not be confused with Nethergate 2. No need to give the troops false hope.

-S-

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
I love the wish fish since I had vague memories of reading that story. Jeff's fish's muttering were so funny that I kept it as a journal note.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Synergy67:

We wish...for a fish (my precious.)

It might bear mentioning that Nethergate 2.0 should not be confused with Nethergate 2. No need to give the troops false hope.

-S-

False hope? How could there possibly ever be a Nethergate 2? The ending of the first one was rather final. :P

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
You play as some very bewildered sidhe who get dumped into an entirely different setting. I'm seeing space ships and blasters against faerie magic and crystal wands.

Okay, so it's a bad idea.

—Alorael, who still thinks there's a little mileage in prequels. Or same-vein-quels.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #6
I haven't played dthrough the original. So I guess I',m a bit blurry about the ending.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
You could do a prequel with the first Romans sent to map out the area for that fort versus the Celts trying to discourage them. The ending wouldn't be as great but this could explain why the Sidhe split into two factions and answer some of the questions about how various NPCs got where they are.

I predict the people that most want to be beta testers are the ones that want the game and don't want to wait a day longer.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #8
I sent you a PM regarding the ending. I would've posted it here, but I didn't want to spoil the ending for any who haven't played the game yet.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #9
Thank You. :)

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

I predict the people that most want to be beta testers are the ones that want the game and don't want to wait a day longer.
This is quite frequently the case.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #11
What about a more realistic version, where the Celtic warriors were all completely in the buff, and just wearing woad? Wouldn't it sell like hotcakes?

Or, depending on the Celt, hot buns?

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #12
quote:
What about a more realistic version, where the Celtic warriors were all completely in the buff, and just wearing woad?
That's EXACTLY how I play the game! ;)

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #13
While the Celts were blue, nekkid, and cool, Jeff has younger audiences to worry about. Besides, your characters aren't berserking all the time.

That reminds me that the there's a certain berserker skill that leaves a lot to be desired.

—Alorael, who also thinks that there's something wrong with the fact that every party of Celts ends up entirely clad in druid robes. Spiky-haired, blue crazy swordsmen don't do robes!