old vs new version

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: old vs new version
Apprentice
Member # 6216
Profile #0
Hi
I've played the "old" version of Nethergate (demo only), with the flat graphics. Because I lack attention span I just noticed that there is a newer version out with Geneforge-like graphics.

I don't suppose one can register the old version any more. I noticed that Netherworld is more expensive than the other games, yet I believe it's actually a physically smaller game, in terms of gameplay.
Have there been additions made to this game? Why does it cost more? It worth starting the demo all over again?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Where did you get this newer Nethergate?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6216
Profile #2
Erk, sorry, I'm obviously talking through my hat. Forget what I said, must have had something weird for dinner.

My question still is, though, why is Nethergate more expensive when it is, apparently, a smaller game?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Satisfying Answer: Nethergate is expensive because much of the Spiderweb community considers it the best of the Spiderweb games (aside from Blades).

Unsatisfying Answer: Who knows? Spiderweb's pricing schemes have always been odd. Nethergate is worth its price, and it's even more worth the $15 cost of getting it with another Spiderweb title.

—Alorael, who would be apalled if Nethergate were adapted to the Geneforge engine. The first part of the game Jeff thought of was the enormous cliff in the goblin mines near Shadow Valley Fort. Removing cliffs would kill the Nethergateness.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #4
Edit: Never mind. Missed a line in the above post that made this post completely redundant. Now, to make something up so this post isn't totally worthless.

Dikiyoba wonders why the goblin in the start-up screen is green while the goblin graphics in the game are tan.

[ Monday, March 27, 2006 14:30: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #5
Hm, odd they never made a sequel. Perhaps because it would destroy the significance of it. I hope they don't remake Exile graphics, that's the best of all Spiderweb's games in my opinion.

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Drakey:

Hm, odd they never made a sequel. Perhaps because it would destroy the significance of it. I hope they don't remake Exile graphics, that's the best of all Spiderweb's games in my opinion.
Considering that the whole point of Avernum was remaking of Exile with better graphics, I doubt Jeff will remake Exile again. Is anybody looking forward to Aabanum? :) (Since Avernum's name was likely selected to appear early in alpahabetical list of games, next logical step is Aabanum.)

PS Why does Shaper Lord's PDN appear as "Drakey" when quoted?

[ Tuesday, March 28, 2006 08:04: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #7
I think Nethergate is very owrth tis price. Remember, the world size is actually that X2 because thigns work diffrently as Romans and Celts.
Also, i hope my OS 8.6 box will be able to play the new Nethergate whe it comes out

[ Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:18: Message edited by: Yamato Ishida ]

--------------------
-Sylak
Proud Member of the Church of Devine Luchere
Way too many lifeforms are carbon-based. Put this in your signature/AIM Profile if you're not.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #8
Member 5219 was banned for using the name "Drakey", as well as being mean. I'm guessing an Administrator changed the name afterward. UBB, in its intricacies and general ununderstandability, maintains that his name is "Drakey". Sometimes.

If Exile/Avernum is ever remade, the new product's name will probably be Hades.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by St. Ashby the Martyr:

Member 5219 was banned for using the name "Drakey", as well as being mean. I'm guessing an Administrator changed the name afterward. UBB, in its intricacies and general ununderstandability, maintains that his name is "Drakey". Sometimes.

If Exile/Avernum is ever remade, the new product's name will probably be Hades.

Or Erebus.

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)