Item list for Exile: Escape from the Pit

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Item list for Exile: Escape from the Pit
Apprentice
Member # 6246
Profile #0
I have had trouble finding lists of all the items (esp. weapons and armor) for E1. It seems to be because unlike Exile 3 and later, the editor doesn't have a complete list. Also, it's pretty old, so there's not as much out there. There are some faq/walkthroughs which have some items, but they don't seem to show everything.

The only site I found which had a complete list is http://www.angelfire.com/games2/exile/exile/items.html,
and even the author says that not all of the items are available in the game. Curiously, I was looking through the exile.exe file with Textpad, and found that there is a list of items (only the names) in that file, with things I have never seen in the Exile game- like Frost Axe and Mace of Augvah.

I guess my question is, is there some kind of list of items that I haven't found while searching around online? Or, is there a way to decode the exile.exe file so I can see the stats for "secret" items (and I have no programming skills whatsoever)?

--------------------
Vous etes saoul!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #1
I am not an expert at using Notepad (or what have you) to decode executables, but there may have been some items that Jeff considered including in the game, decided against it, and forgot to remove them from the source code. That would be my opinion.

Also, your link contains an unnecessary comma. Just telling ya.

--------------------
-ben4808
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
I think I saw the mace up around Grah-Hoth's fortress as a special encounter outside when looking around for hidden passages. It's been a while so I'm not sure.

[ Saturday, June 09, 2007 19:25: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Apprentice
Member # 6246
Profile #3
Sturg, I bet you're right on that. I like how Exile has few magic items, compared to other games where they are scattered everywhere. So when you find a magic weapon in Exile, it is actually special.

Randomizer, I haven't gotten that far yet (demons and lava kill me!), but I'll remember for when I do.

[ Sunday, June 10, 2007 04:56: Message edited by: Hondero ]

--------------------
Vous etes saoul!
Apprentice
Member # 6246
Profile #4
Well, I sent Mab a PM yesterday, because I read in an old topic that she had made a list that had all the items. Mab sent me the list today, and it really does have all the items, and what they do and where the uniques ones can be found. Incredible work, Mab. If you would like a copy of the list, send me your email and I can send it out.

--------------------
Vous etes saoul!
Apprentice
Member # 6246
Profile #5
(sorry, double post)

[ Monday, June 11, 2007 10:37: Message edited by: Hondero ]

--------------------
Vous etes saoul!
Apprentice
Member # 7679
Profile #6
I've found Mace of Augvah somewhere outdoors ;)
Image of the sword, 10 damage, bonus -7, value 400, 1 handed edged weapon (o_O) so it is a sword.
Apprentice
Member # 6246
Profile #7
Well that's not very good! Still has a cool name though :cool:

--------------------
Vous etes saoul!
Apprentice
Member # 9367
Profile #8
It was probably meant to be a cursed Item.

Sir Fitzgiven: Hey look - a sword-like mace!
Trisha: Looks cool, lets get it identified.
Maple: No need, it tells you the name is the Mace of Augvah.
Sir Fitzgiven: Sounds neat, I want it. It's probably better than the demonslayer I'm using right now
Trisha: Could be dangerous, identify it first.
Maple: Why, it's the Mace of Augvah. How can an item with that cool a name be dangerous?
Trisha: Remember what happened with the scroll of shockwave?
Maple: nonsense, this isn't shockwave, this is Augvah!
Sir Fitzgiven: I like the look of this mace, I'm equipping it.
(characters taken from my E1 party)

--------------------
I came, I saw, I conquered
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #9
You can find the Alien Blade in Exile 1...

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!