Help with xp

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Help with xp
Apprentice
Member # 7630
Profile #0
I need help getting lots of xp does anyone know any good (and perferably) fast ways of gaining some? :confused:

--------------------
Phobias are afraid of Chuck Norris.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #1
Kill things. In the process of killing things, complete quests. Get quest rewards. Kill slightly stronger things. Etc.

I'd give a more detailed answer, but I have very little to work with. Please tell us which game you're playing.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
That depends on which Exile you're playing and where you are in the game.

—Alorael, who recommends doing whatever quests have been pointed out to you. They always seem to lead to the slaughter of hundreds of monsters and the accompanying experience gains.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 2626
Profile #3
Don't be in a rush. All the Experience Points needed will be acquired as you play, all you can play.
The beginning of all games is the most difficult part to gain Experience because you're defeating 5, 10, 15 point Monsters, trying to gain 120, or so, Experience Points to reach the next Level.
After a few Levels, you'll be defeating 20, 25, 30 point Monsters.
After a few more Levels, you'll be defeating 40, 50, 60 point Monsters, etc.
But, you'll still only need the same 120, or so, Experience Points to reach that next Level.
It may seem imbalanced in the beginning, but all the good Scenarios give you a lot of story then, laying out what you need to do and gaining Experience, Weapons, Armor and other 'goodies'. Much like a good TV Series, it takes the first Season to establish the Characters, Story Line, etc. The next few seasons then, make sense.
Seriously, be patient, keep notes and search everything. Good authors will keep you occupied. If you feel like you're not advancing fast enough, you're probably not doing all the things that are available at that stage of the Game. Experience Points and Higher Levels will come naturally and much easier, later on.
Posts: 257 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 2626
Profile #4
Admin:
Pls. Delete Duplication.
What's 'Flood Protection'?
me

[ Friday, November 24, 2006 15:09: Message edited by: Ahbleza ]
Posts: 257 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
Originally by Ahbleza:

quote:
What's 'Flood Protection'?
It means that you've made two posts in very quick succession (like clicking on the reply button twice), and the board stopped the second one from going through.

Dikiyoba likes flood protection. It's saved Dikiyoba from double posting a few times now.

Edit: Fixed quote.

[ Friday, November 24, 2006 15:32: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
Exile games repopulate a dungeon you just cleaned out. So if you want quick XP then after resting up and selling the loot you can go back and fight them again. This is useful in Exile 2 before going down river to Chapter 2.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #7
I do that a lot (though not in E3). It's amazing how well you get to know a dungeon once you've defeated it 50 times in a row.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #8
I remember when I first found Exile 1 and 2 on a Galaxy of Games CD. I did everything I possibly could in those demos. By the time I paid for the games, I was so high level the other half of the games went by quick. :cool:

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Arch-Mage Solberg:

I remember when I first found Exile 1 and 2 on a Galaxy of Games CD. I did everything I possibly could in those demos. By the time I paid for the games, I was so high level the other half of the games went by quick. :cool:
I originally found E3 and BoE on a CD called "Games for Windows 95," and I did the same same thing (I found BoE first). The only difference is that with E3, I never played past day 60, after stopping the Tower of Magi disaster.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Apprentice
Member # 7630
Profile #10
Thanks for all the cool suggestions :) I found Exile on Galaxy of Games too.

--------------------
Phobias are afraid of Chuck Norris.