The Alien Blade and Mithril Broadsword in Footracer province

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The Alien Blade and Mithril Broadsword in Footracer province
Apprentice
Member # 6917
Profile #0
I've been searching high and low for these, and I just can't find their location.

My original hypothesis was that they were in that "2" shaped valley of lava west of Manara, but unless there's a secret passage I missed, or the Orb can suddenly let you fly for 7 spaces, I think it's unreachable. Along the way I've heard someone casually mention Ovidpur, but unless I'm blind, the only thing unusual I've found there is a bit of platinum. In other words, I'm stumped.

Could anyone give me a subtle hint as to where to look.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #1
Procuring the Alien Blade is rather draconic.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
Look somewhere that isn't Footracer Province. Try Midori and Karnold Provinces, respectively.

—Alorael, who hopes he isn't missing the presence of pairs of Alien Blades and Mithril Broadswords. Those would have been nice in E3.

[ Friday, May 12, 2006 08:26: Message edited by: Same Ol' Al ]
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #3
Well there are actually three mithril broadswords. But most people just get two because they want the beastslayer blade.

I would be incredibly impressed if you found the alien blade without very specific hints. It is, as Tyran said, very obscure. The mythril is a lot easier.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Lazarus.:

I would be incredibly impressed if you found the alien blade without very specific hints. It is, as Tyran said, very obscure. The mythril is a lot easier.
Actually, that was an attempt at a subtle hint. :P

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
I guess I can see the logic behind saying that the three swords are in three places rather than one, but none of them are in Footracer Province anyway.

The Alien Blade may be the most expensive and unexpected artifact, but you do get some hints if you listen to a certain grumpy curse preventer.

—Alorael, who wouldn't want to miss out on one of the advertised features of A3.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
You can obtain the mithril in 3 different places. Then you have the choice of making it into a mithril sword, a beastslayer sword, or fulfilling a quest.

The Alien Blade is hard to get even with the hint book. You have to be in the right place after certain things have happened and figure out what is going on at the right time.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #7
The alien blade is easy if you know where to find it. I don't recall anything about timing, but as Alorael said it is expensive. (I don't remember any hints about it, but I assume there must be some and I'll have to trust Alorael. All other high-power weapons have hints after all.)

--------------------

BANNED
Member # 6432
Profile #8
[Removed explicit location.]

P.S: Yes i did find it by myself. Though rather unexpectedly.

EDIT: This is where i found it for avernum so i'm not sure if it's the same for exile.

[ Saturday, May 13, 2006 09:30: Message edited by: Birotational Door ]

--------------------
I hate you all
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #9
A. EDIT: Nevermind I remembered that it is in Avernum. Although I'm pretty sure in Exile getting the blade involved less jumping through hoops.

B. You pretty much ruined it for Carl, the idea was to hint not just say it outright. If thats what he wanted we could have done it a while ago.

[ Friday, May 12, 2006 19:55: Message edited by: Lazarus. ]

--------------------

BANNED
Member # 6432
Profile #10
Sorry. :(

--------------------
I hate you all
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #11
If you're sorry, then edit out the spoilers in your post, you halfwit.

[ Friday, May 12, 2006 21:03: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 6917
Profile #12
It helps if you go on something a bit more concrete than third hand knowledge, I guess.

I think I know what you're hinting at. Well, I hope so. If I am, how the heck do I get into that secret passage in the south east?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #13
Now I don't know what you're talking about. The Alien Blade doesn't require secret passages, and none of the three Mithral Broadswords have passages that stand out.

One more hint is that you're getting hints to find the materials to make mithral swords, not the swords themselves. If you've reached Footracer Province it's quite possible that you've already otherwise used two of the sets of material.

—Alorael, who hopes you didn't choose to get Beastslayer or Identification.
Apprentice
Member # 6917
Profile #14
So not Vahkohs then? Screw that idea. Maybe one more subtle hint is going to be necessary...

And for all those curious, I'm only interested in the second Alien blade. I've got steel Wave Blade +3s coming out my ears, so I don't particularly care for more Mithril Broadswords.

[ Saturday, May 13, 2006 12:06: Message edited by: Carl ]
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #15
Does the Alien Blade really have something to do with *cough*H's*cough*M*cough*? That's what my brothers say, but I've never got it.

Also, what is that 2-shaped lava thing in the mountains around the Defiled Crypt?

--------------------
-ben4808
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #16
There's only one Alien Blade, and yes, you should *cough*follow*cough*the*cough*ghost*cough*in*cough*H's*cough*M*cough*.

—Alorael, who could barely believe anyone would reject a Mithral Broadsword. Then he remembered that Avernum is not Exile.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #17
Ya, only in my game, I never encountered the *cough*ghost*cough*. But my brother did, though, so anyway.

--------------------
-ben4808
Apprentice
Member # 6917
Profile #18
quote:
Also, what is that 2-shaped lava thing in the mountains around the Defiled Crypt?[/QB]
You can only reach it if you could somehow fly for seven spaces. I think Jeff might have originally planned for there to be a secret passage between the two rows of high moutains at the end of the long, icy cavern. but decided against it or ran out of time. Either that or it was just an artistic florish. I guess we'll never know.

Boy did I ever waste a lot of time trying to find a way in, though....

quote:
Originally written by Fourteenth Rate:

[b]There's only one Alien Blade, and yes, you should *cough*follow*cough*the*cough*ghost*cough*in*cough*H's*cough*M*cough*.
Only one?

I'm sure I heard from someone that there was a second one. Man, I wasted a lot of time on nothing (^_^);

I certainly don't need any help finding the first one. It took me practically not time at all to find it. Too easy, even.

quote:
—Alorael, who could barely believe anyone would reject a Mithral Broadsword. Then he remembered that Avernum is not Exile.[/b]
Yes, they are rather different in performance. That crossbow in another one that got a rather crazy transformation between games.

The only advantage the mithril broadsword has in Exile is that it costs about 13000 less than the steel wave blade +3. That didn't stop me having no less than 7 SWB+3s before even setting foot in Sharimik, of course, but I do have a worrying love for the eastern trade route.

[ Sunday, May 14, 2006 00:11: Message edited by: Carl ]
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #19
I've been asking around a few mates and one fo them said you need about $8000 and a little bit of patience before you can get the Alien. Can't the editor give it to you anyway?

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #20
Yes, but the editor can give you everything. Some people would rather find it legitimately.

—Alorael, who doesn't think the Alien Blade requires patience in E3 as long as you're willing to rely on spoilers (or are an even more compulsive searcher than most wall-bashers). In A3 you actually have to wait.
Apprentice
Member # 6917
Profile #21
quote:
Originally written by Subaqueation:

Yes, but the editor can give you everything. Some people would rather find it legitimately.

—Alorael, who doesn't think the Alien Blade requires patience in E3 as long as you're willing to rely on spoilers (or are an even more compulsive searcher than most wall-bashers). In A3 you actually have to wait.

If you weren't a serial wall-basher originally, the Exile series will turn you into one.

Personally, I didn't find finding the Alien Blade in Hawke's Manse to be particularly hard. However, I did know there was one somewhere in there beforehand...
Shock Trooper
Member # 1814
Profile #22
You know I found the alien blade without any hints at all. I just walked in when I first bought the place and found it accidently. Later on I was surprised to see the anomoulous figure so vaguely referred to trying to tell me about an item I already had.

I have a wierd way of getting things I want by being ridiculously more lucky than anyone outside of Jeff's games ever should be. Seriously, There are amazing stories.

--------------------
The great light bulb converses its thoughts in a fashion most particular to its complicated nature.

Neither twenty-one nor forsaken any longer, I now stand in freedom through Jesus Christ.