E3: fighting giants tactics

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: E3: fighting giants tactics
Apprentice
Member # 5461
Profile #0
do any of you guys have any good tactics for fighting giants?
actually, tactics for fighting any other tough monster in exile 3 will be good....
thanks
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Well, basic tactics are to haste and bless your party before every major fight, and use spells like Slow Group to weaken your enemies if necessary. If you bless your party enough times, the giant fighters won't be able to do you much harm, so concentrate on attacking the shamans first. If you can't reach the shamans with your fighters, have your priests cast Wound on them.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 5461
Profile #2
what happens to me most of the time is that i use a lot of fireballs and firestorms and my spell points end up pretty fast (every spell cater of mine has 60 spell points).
where can i get curse all, slow group and major haste?
my spell casters have very little dexterity and so the giants hit them alot with boulders even when they are blessed.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #3
To help with that, rush your fighters up so that they're next to the giants so that they'll hit them with their clubs as opposed to throwing rocks.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #4
Curse all and slow group are for sale in Shayder. Major haste is for sale in Sharimik.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #5
a useful tactic thats saved my butt many a time is carrying strong invulneribility potions wherever i go, for every party member

[ Monday, October 17, 2005 11:27: Message edited by: Dark_Crusader ]

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #6
I tend to place my priest member at the end of the party so my crew hacks apart the giants and then at the end of my turn my priest casts "Mass Sanctuary" so only spells can hurt 'em. But you need to carry loads of Energy Potions for it to be effective if your playing against a horde of 'em. I tend to use this strategy against the Lorelei guards around the city.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Warrior
Member # 577
Profile Homepage #7
Oh, and Smite (the hammer) really helps. Try to get it and give it the PC who is the most proficient in bashing weapons.

--------------------
Please visit my website: http://geocities.com/dchia1010

my forums: http://freechat.tk
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #8
Personally,

I found that simulacrum and summoning were the most effective. I would just simulacrum a few Vahnatai Warriors to hurt the "GINTS", while blasting the Giants with Divine Thud/Firestom.

If there were too many Giants for this I would use summoning spells, and THEN the above.

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #9
For taking on the Giant Caves, themselves, I prefer going in, around the side enterance and using the dark, to my advantage. Sneak up on the giants, ganging up on them, without alerting the rest and you can take them on, one or two at a time, without having to face their whole group, at once.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #10
NEVER take them on with missile weapons.

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider