Corrupt shapers?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Corrupt shapers?
Apprentice
Member # 17882
Profile #0
Recently I went through each area that has a pro-shaper in it. In Alwans room in Rivergate keep, I noticed 1 smashed canister and an un-smashed one, this makes a point did he use it? Or did he destroy it and forget the other. Then Agent Yngrid looks "changed" when you talk to her she then starts talking about rebels moving canisters. It then states that she looks odd due to the fact she has used a few canisters.

The poll is are shapers resorting to rebel tatics or are they just power-mad

IMAGE(http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/8601/agentfx9.th.png)

[ Saturday, May 10, 2008 07:39: Message edited by: Shadow The Stormer ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 15 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=BapZItgCaBQw"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=BapZItgCaBQw"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #1
I hadn't noticed, mainly because I never met Yngrid in my playthroughs. Alwan would never take canisters, though. More than likely, the other canister was smashed in a way other than by its use. But this is actually proof that canisters and the Geneforge need to be eradicated. They're so addictive that even highly-disciplined shapers who've never even had one can be allured by their power. And that's a very, very bad thing.

--------------------
Nioca's Citadel
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
Most shapers are power mad. Going off to remote places to work on secret experiments to create more powerful creations, the whole cannisters and geneforge business, etc. are all examples. Very few shapers can withstand the temptation to gain power either through self shaping or modifying existing creations.
Apprentice
Member # 16812
Profile #3
Although, as Amyth said, I believe Alwan would be one of the ones who could resist power through cansiters and self-shaping.

--------------------
This is a link to an awesome game: http://s1.battleknight.us/index.php?loc=hire&ref=ODAxOQ==
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #4
I feel as though there are some shaper's who are not disciplined enough to resist the urge to use canisters. Remember that canisters draw people with shaping powers to use them. If a shaper isn't informed about what canisters do, then they will most likely be very tempted to use it.

I could also turn this into a Trakovite discussion by saying that this wouldn't happen is shaping was eliminated.

--------------------
Ornks, Guac, Gazers. 'Nuff said.
=:T:=
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #5
The problem with Trakovites is that removing all shaping will have exactly the same effect that removing all guns in this world would do.

Someone will just end up secretly shaping, other people will shape to defend themselves from that person, and it will all start over again.

--------------------
Don't judge a sentence until you know all the words.

Be grateful you have your unsellabe trowels -Goldenking

My scenario: Muffins n' Hell
Warrior
Member # 15187
Profile Homepage #6
Well, there aren't enough answers in the poll and one could argue that both answers are the same answer. The problem that the shapers have found themselves in by G4 . . . and I think it was made clear in the game . . . is that in order to combat the 'radical' tactics of the rebels and particularly the Drakons and their Unbound creation(s), they now need to resort to more drastic methods, they need to break some rules in order to win the war. Now, enter the canisters, stage right.

Yes, they're arrogant and power-hungry. All people with power desire more power. That's the nature of the lifestyle. Same with the Drakons. They also wish to resume ruling the world, same as the Drakons wish to overthrow that rule so that they themselves may rule. These are just pieces of a larger, complicated picture.
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Clavicle:

Yes, they're arrogant and power-hungry. All people with power desire more power. That's the nature of the lifestyle. Same with the Drakons. They also wish to resume ruling the world, same as the Drakons wish to overthrow that rule so that they themselves may rule. These are just pieces of a larger, complicated picture.

*Groan
It doesn't take Xel'Nagan Future-telling to tell that this is gonna end up in a debate.

--------------------
Jim, the end of the world is here, the Xel'Naga have returned -Zeratul in Starcraft 2 trailer
I will rule this sector or see it burnt around me! -Arcturus Mengsk
We have cared for Auir and you people, even when you shun us for rejecting the Khala - Zeratul
No matter what name I have, people can call me Xel
Pylons!
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #8
Have you noticed I have not responded to Iffy?

--------------------
Ornks, Guac, Gazers. 'Nuff said.
=:T:=