Purify enchanted shaped items?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Purify enchanted shaped items?
Apprentice
Member # 11946
Profile #0
Can shaped items be purified if they have already been enchanted?

also, of the various weapon enchantments, which gives the most extra damage?

--------------------
Pick it up, throw it through the air. Hit it in the head, blood goes everywhere!
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #1
I don't know about the first thing.

The second thing varies. Acid does extra damage. Fire and ice against certain foes can do extra damage. Slowing, and cursing let you cause more damage. The only things that add to your blows are blessing crystals, steel spines and golden crystals, out of which golden crystals add the most. I haven't tried faster blows or drain life.

--------------------
I make guacamole at work
=:T:=
Apprentice
Member # 11946
Profile #2
the problem i run into is that i cut a lot of enemies down to a sliver and have to use another round to finish them. It doesnt matter if they are at half health and take another rounds hit, or if they are at 1 hp and take another round (and I kind of resent hitting for 103 to kill something with 2hp left) Acid is good on my steel sword as I can hit something and if it alive, I can take the next round or two to spread some more acid around and see if any of them die before I have to finish them off, but its safer to kill them in one round. I guess Ill go for the golden crystal.
I got a shaped sword and assumed that purified would be higher damage, but its still higher than my steel one so id like to use it now, i just dont want to screw the ability to purify it for some extra damage now. Are there blades in the game with higher damage than a purified sword?

--------------------
Pick it up, throw it through the air. Hit it in the head, blood goes everywhere!
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #3
Yes, the Guardian Claymore. This wepon is the most powerfull wepon in the game.

[ Saturday, November 24, 2007 14:48: Message edited by: Iffy couldn't pick a name ]

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, but not sanity -Iffy
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
Not in your shed -We are still under developement, but help would be nice. By the way, most of the conversation goes in the Moderator forum, in case your confused.
Iffy= Infernal Flamming Muffin. The y is added to make a word.
lol teh stupd text spek is lik ubar dum lol
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #4
You can only purify Shaped armor, not blades. Purification does not alter the item in any way except to prepare it for conversion to an artifact.

For adding damage... You might try War Blessing or Battle Pods, if you haven't already. That often makes all the difference (especially if you have a creation or two).

Some other weapons to look forward to: Elemental blades (flaming sword, frozen blade, oozing blade) have greater base damage than the Shaped blade (and you can enchant them!), and for late game there are Puresteel weapons (Puresteel Blade, Puresteel Soulblade).

Also, using a golden crystal on one of the elemental blades improves its elemental damage. For instance, the oozing blade would get a giant acid bonus.

--------------------
"What direction, what direction now?"
----
My poetry
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Iffy couldn't pick a name:

Yes, the Guardian Claymore. This weapon is the most powerful weapon in the game.
For most of the game, yes. But there are better swords out there if you look hard enough (think Porphyra Ruins, Pit of the Titan).

--------------------
"What direction, what direction now?"
----
My poetry
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #6
Okay then...it is in the top 5. And it is easier to get than the ones you mentioned.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, but not sanity -Iffy
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
Not in your shed -We are still under developement, but help would be nice. By the way, most of the conversation goes in the Moderator forum, in case your confused.
Iffy= Infernal Flamming Muffin. The y is added to make a word.
lol teh stupd text spek is lik ubar dum lol
BANNED
Member # 10430
Profile #7
Usually the fire/cold/acid damage adds about... 15 damage? Hardly anything to write home about. I'm not sure how much the Golden Crystal adds, but I doubt it's preferable to placing the Golden Crystal in your armour, and giving +5% to all resistances.

Whenever I enchant a weapon which I'm going to use long term, I try to use either the ivory skull (all following hits do more damage) or the runed onyx (slow upon hit).

I know that you're trying to do an 'extra sliver' of damage, but why not just add a few points to strength or melee? Or use a more damaging weapon?

Iffy:
quote:

Yes, the Guardian Claymore. This wepon is the most powerfull wepon in the game.

Debatable, especially considering the Puresteel Soulblade and Tek's Spectral Dirk, although there's no denying that the Guardian Claymore is a fantastic weapon.

--------------------
"When I was a child, my people talked while others prepared for war. They used reason while others used tanks, and they were destroyed for their trouble! I won't stand by and watch it happen again, I won't!"
Posts: 136 | Registered: Wednesday, September 12 2007 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 11946
Profile #8
I am using the most damaging blade i can find at any time, thats why i wanted to know if i should hold off enchanting my shaped blade or not.I also use war blessing and protection either cast directly or from pods, and if im fighting a nest of clawbugs, spine shield too. I fight with no creations, instead using melee and battle magic. All the essence goes into augmentation, steel skin, and essence shield which i cast every map I intend on fighting in with enough essence left for a few blessing spells (just enough for one spine shield, protection, speed, and war blessing) Even in such a prepared state, I want to squeeze out a little more damage each round to kill a little better a mob. Its to the point were I can kill a battle alpha or a few wing bolts.

What if I wanted to use shaped armour? can that be purified after enchanting it? Anyway, seems I can go ahead and put acid on my shaped blade and use that till I can get better. Im about ready to go kill moseh. Is it not possible to make more than one golden crystal? And I though the ivory skull cursed the target, not did more damage?

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 10430
Profile #9
Cursed target = More damage for all of the proceeding strikes. Oh, and don't forget that increased chance to hit, and the penalties to hit and damage that the opponent suffers.

And yeah, go ahead and slap some acid damage on your shaped blade. The shaped blade isn't long term, since better weapons will be coming along very soon (Guardian Claymore)

--------------------
"When I was a child, my people talked while others prepared for war. They used reason while others used tanks, and they were destroyed for their trouble! I won't stand by and watch it happen again, I won't!"
Posts: 136 | Registered: Wednesday, September 12 2007 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 11946
Profile #10
So far in the game, I have been able to keep a curve where most rogues and such I hit are one hit kills, If it isnt, its two, maybe three if I'm in over my head. Can i realistically expect to keep a one hit kill as my norm into late game?

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #11
No. You can expect to use other tactics to deal with swarms. This is why infiltrators and those using battle magic excel as lone characters. Area effect spells can nail a swarm in one or two rounds. Mental magic with charm type spells can shift enough enemies to temporary allies to allow you to nail individuals.

Those long scripted fights like Moseh are ones where you can't just hack your way through. Eventually you reach the point where you have to be able to outlast them.

[ Saturday, November 24, 2007 20:43: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #12
In terms of raw damage, the strongest weapon is actually the Puresteel Blade that you get from Guardan Koerner in Poryphra Ruins: it does a whopping 20-100 damage, but has no other special abilities. Viper's Touch is also worth considering as a late-game weapon, with 14-70 damage plus poison.

Also, please note that Perfected items DO NOT have a better defensive rating than Shaped items. The ONLY advantage of combining a purification elixir with a Shaped item to make a Perfected item is that Perfected items can be used as artifact ingredients.

[ Sunday, November 25, 2007 04:56: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!