best creation combos for lifecrafter

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: best creation combos for lifecrafter
Warrior
Member # 3629
Profile #0
No canister use.

So far I've been using wingbolts and cryoas. Wingbolts are great, but a lot of things resist them. Cryoas to shore up that weakness, but there are too many problems with them - not as durable, terrified easily, lower damage (even with strength pumped up). They just are not very good.

So I'm looking for some alternatives. I'm thinking replacing them with Rotghroths, since I'm almost at the ruins. The problem is I hate, hate, hate melee creations - at least in the previous games, but with the revised AP system, they might not be so bad. Any alternatives?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
For my money, the best army for a canister-free purist is nothing but Wingbolts. Sure, some enemies resist their attacks, but most things that strongly resist magic attack with magic themselves (which Wingbolts strongly resist), so you're not really at a disadvantage except against Eyebeasts, Glaahks, Unstable Firebolts and maybe a couple of other rare enemies -- and when you've got seven Wingbolts, even those will die after enough hits.

[ Saturday, October 27, 2007 22:16: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
Khyshakks are the other alternative at this point to provide some meat shields. Not as good offensively since lightning aura takes a few rounds to work. Still they have enough health to leave them out there on their own with an occasional heal.

Still wingbolts are the best since a canisterless game won't let you get the best in fire and magic creation. Cryoas and other creations from the early game keep being frighten and other mind effect spells.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #3
Wingbolts do sometimes run out of energy at inopportune moments, but all Wingbolts is probably quite doable nonetheless. For variety, though, I had fun with an additional Rotghroth, or even two. They didn't have the quick takedown power of the Wingbolts, but they never run out energy, they're very tough, and their acid accumulates even on hard targets. Maybe I was just imagining it, but it seemed to me that they gave me more control over battles. I could tie things up in melee with my Rotghroth, and count on them staying busy.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #4
If you're only trying to avoid bad canister effects, you might try just one wingbolt canister to get unstable firebolts. They have a half-life, but they have extra AP, a fire attack, and the magic resistance of a wingbolt, making them amazingly useful (especially against wingbolts). You could also take a drayk canister if you want, but it's your choice.

Edit: I'm not sure exactly how many canisters it takes to be adversely affected, but I know you can use at least six safely.

[ Sunday, October 28, 2007 17:15: Message edited by: Taliesin ]

--------------------
"We were meant to live for so much more. Have we lost ourselves?" - Switchfoot
----
My poetry
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
Canister usage problems vary during the game. But this looks like some one that wants to play totally no canister. That really limits the high end creations.
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #6
By the way, why are war tralls only from canisters? I thought they were a new Shaper creation.

--------------------
"We were meant to live for so much more. Have we lost ourselves?" - Switchfoot
----
My poetry
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #7
Correct. However, your character in the game is very much not a Shaper. Anything that can be learned the hard way can be made into a canister. Canisters are available, the training simply is not.

Edit: Now I wonder, how did the war trall ability find its way into canisters? To make a canister, someone who knows the skill must program it into the thing. Did a Shaper who knew how to make them join the Rebellion? Did the rebels steal the plans? Or can creations be reverse engineered somehow?

[ Monday, October 29, 2007 19:19: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #8
Its strange that loyal shaper can't get a new shaper creature(war trall) and rebell can.It doesen't make any sense.

--------------------
If you listen to LakiRa@ all will go well!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
It really is a bit odd. If Shaper Grim could teach you how to make War Tralls, they'd still suck, but they'd suck less.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #10
War tralls do suck.I'd like something like war golem or something like that instead.

--------------------
If you listen to LakiRa@ all will go well!
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #11
if you add a editor to get trained, you can make golems by using the enhance ghalkk button

--------------------
Life's important Questions:
What is the best Artifact
Gloves of Savagery
Is there a more uber sword that the Puresteel Soulblade: No
Vie va la Travokites
Vie va la Kyryk
Vie va la Serviles
Vie va la Dryaks
Your incompidence is your own fault
Before you complain, ask yourself, does anyone care? The answer, of course is No.
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #12
Yeah, except some people don't want to cheat, and others don't know how to use an editor, let alone make one.

--------------------
Let's all just shape gazers and hope it goes away.

I make guacamole at work
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #13
Thats true, but they are going to have to cheat or make an editor if they want to shape golems (personally I like having 7 Unbound) :cool:

--------------------
Gloves of Savagery
Vie va la Travokites
Vie va la Kyryk
Vie va la Serviles
Vie va la Dryaks
Before you complain, ask yourself, does anyone care? The answer, of course is No.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #14
Well, technically, you could just change the graphic for, say, the Battle Alpha, and call it a day.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #15
Yes you could do that but i don't think it would have the same feel, battling the Titan with 3300 health and having your creation have 400.

--------------------
Gloves of Savagery
Vie va la Travokites
Vie va la Kyryk
Vie va la Serviles
Vie va la Dryaks