Apparently Drakons can use tools

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Apparently Drakons can use tools
BANNED
Member # 10430
Profile #0
I was lurking the old topics, and it seemed a little contentious as to whether the Drakons had the hand-eye coordination to use tools.

I found this while playing GF4, at Derenton Freehold:

quote:

"In Derenton Freehold, the canisters are made by a drakon. He is very old. His scales are dull and cracked, and his teeth and claws have dulled with age. But his eyesight is still sharp, and he can handle the tools with great dexterity."

So apparently the Drakons can use tools. They probably just use serviles for the menial chores, like tightening the nuts and bolts on the Shaping vats :) .

[ Friday, October 19, 2007 05:15: Message edited by: Lepus timidus ]
Posts: 136 | Registered: Wednesday, September 12 2007 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #1
Hmmm. You don't see any Serviles in the Unbound creation vats so it's possible. But I doubt the almighty-all-is-holy-all-is-beautiful-we-are-the-greatest-Drakons would lower themselfs to twisting together the machinery needed for the project.

Then again, it is the greatest project they have ever set out for. So they might lower themselfs to the task.

--------------------
Just to annoy Alo...
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #2
Well the trakovite ending clearly stated that they needed serviles for their mechanicals skills. Also arrogant life crafters generally consider mechanics beneath them. The first guy you can buy spells from at south forge commented that it is useful to have underlings who were skilled in that area. Since arrogant life crafters think that way it wouldn't be to far of a stretch to think Drakons think the same way. This doesn't mean drakons don't have the hand to eye coordination to do such things it just mean most consider any activity unrelated shaping or fighting is beneath them. Pride goes before a fall.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
BANNED
Member # 10430
Profile #3
Where does the ending say that they needed the humans/serviles for their mechanical skills?
Warrior
Member # 8036
Profile #4
In the Ending where you create the Unbound with over powerful abilities and blow up all the machines.

--------------------
Put your heart into all you do, even when it seems your are diving head first to your demise, for your heart knows the right path to a true victory!
BANNED
Member # 10430
Profile #5
I'm not sure if it specifically refers to 'mechanical skills'.