Which kind of spells do you like.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Which kind of spells do you like.
Apprentice
Member # 8175
Profile #0
Which spell do you like the best?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 20 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=ZSVbnHyiTSIp"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=ZSVbnHyiTSIp"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)
Apprentice
Member # 8099
Profile Homepage #1
I am basicly a battle mage so i use aura of flames alot and it kills most things weaker than 130 hp.KIll and lightning arua doesnt work very well though.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #2
Kill is great, especially against Drakons. Lightning aura is alright for Chapters 2 and 3, but you want Essence. . . Bolts or something like that, after then.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #3
With strong Battle Magic, I find that Ice Spray and Kill are the two spells I use the great majority of the time, unless I need something less punchy than Ice Spray to finish something off, in which case I use Fireball or Searer. Kill is more powerful than Lightning Aura, which I rarely find worthwhile, as it just leaves your opponent alive longer to do some real damage to you. Essence Orbs are nice for multiple targets all prey to Magic Damage, but I still find myself using them infrequently. I usually would rather completely destroy a foe I have quite possibly already Dazed anyway, than wake up and piss off three at once, none of which are likely to die that turn.

-S-

P.S. This poll would have done well to have permitted more than one choice selection. I utilize all spell categories significantly in certain builds. I most enjoy select Battle Magic and Mental Magic.

[ Wednesday, April 04, 2007 18:53: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #4
Favourite spells?

Mass madness, dominate/charm (they are the same spell, really...), terror, essence orbs, ice spray, kill, aura of flames.

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Apprentice
Member # 5650
Profile #5
I tend to play conservative with resources, so I rely on combat support spells most. You get a lot more mileage for your mana by boosting yourself and jumping into the fray than unleashing your biggest guns. With high enough battle magic and spellcrafting, firebolt remains a reliable missile weapon to the end, and I still use it to taunt someone into melee range, or finish someone off while getting into position to face off another. I'll save the heavy magic response for when I need to soften up targets quickly, but I get more satisfaction out of using a charm or madness to tear apart groups from the inside.
Apprentice
Member # 8390
Profile #6
I use 'em all extensively, but mental is the most fun for me.
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #7
I've always dreamt of being able to cast Diamond Spray. I remember a mage in GF3 being able to cast the spell, so why not a canister addict?

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #8
Even though I enjoy controlling creations, I also like to destroy my enemies myself, and I like to do it quickly. So battle spells. Aura of flames being the best, naturally. I don't think I've ever even used a single blessing spell. I'll heal if for some reason I'm not cheating. I'll use mental magic only as a novelty.

--------------------
You lose.