So we wasted 3 whole games???

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: So we wasted 3 whole games???
BANNED
Member # 6762
Profile #0
I was wondering, have you ever thought of Geneforge 4 as wasting Geneforge 1-3,, I put in SO much work toward these stupid greedy shapers, and now I kill them all?? Does that make sense?

or is this post a waste of time, I havent played the whole game, please tell me that the shapers kill the rebels, otherwise I'll scream. I don't know of any dramatic changes, plz tell me if I'm wrong.

--------------------
Don't be a noob, PLAY RUNESCAPE

-SO i can pwn you-add me
or if your smart
-Save yourself and let them suffer
Apprentice
Member # 8175
Profile #1
Well it depends on Geneforge 5 there is a 50/50 chance the rebels will win. But the rebels dont stand much of a chance. The shapers are more powerful but who knows. :)
Cartographer
Member # 995
Profile #2
there are multiple endings. the shapers can win gf4, or they can lose. your choice.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Neither side is completely annihilated in any ending, so it's plausible that any of them could be used as a springboard into GF5.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 8335
Profile #4
Heh, what, if all you ever did was help the Shapers, you must have missed out on a fair chunk of the games. ;) Not that you, of course, have to stay loyal to the rebels in GF4, or even that it's the same "you" doing things anyway, for that matter...
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #5
The rebels will definetly win,what we fight for is right,justice always prevails...or so it is thought.

--------------------
R.R
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #6
The Rebels will not win. Their's is not the side of justice, anyway. And, Eragon, your signature is a misnomer.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Cartographer
Member # 995
Profile #7
neither side can "win", I don't think, and meet JV's vision as I understand it.

if I may spoil, the gf4 shaper ending speaks of _centuries_ of peace and the final words are "until the next rebellion."
that's not a good jumping off board for the next-game-as-a-final-game because it's no more compelling than just starting over with gf1.

on the other hand, the rebel ending of gf4 ends with the shapers and drakons in the moral equivalent of an ongoing biological war, escalating constantly with nothing but devastation for all the "regular people" around, and the final words are "who can bring the peace?"
That's a new and compelling premise for gf5. ergo, I conclude that the "real ending" of this one is the rebel ending or a close modification thereof - it's the ending that gives gf5 a way to go somewhere new in the series, and a way to end the series (clearly, the new hero of gf5 must be instrumental in finding a way to bring the peace).
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #8
The "Real Ending," as in what the next game will build off of, is most likely the Trakovite. Just because Jeff is all convoluted like that. ;)

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #9
I think the Rebellion will take Terrestia. We need to see what the world is like under drakon rule before the end of the series. Even though I doubt it will change anyone's minds.

--------------------
You lose.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #10
well keep in mind in the shaper endings you still need to take the Ashen iles. Mabey if you play the part of the rebels your job is to regain a foothold on the main land. I think however a Travokite ending is most likely. Though I pefer the shaper ending just becuase I like to go in and conquer something.

[ Friday, March 23, 2007 19:10: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #11
It doesn't matter where it takes place, I think Geneforge 5 will come down to killing the leaders. Ghaldrings death will mean the end of the Rebellion. There may be scattered rebels here and there but without him to lead them their cause will collapse. The same goes for the Shapers, however. If the invincible Council is destroyed, any sense of protection they once gave the people will be gone, as well as the universal fear of shapers, the Rebellion's victory would be complete.

In a sense, Eragon is right. The other games were fun and I'm not saying they were a waste, but the story could still easily go in either direction.

--------------------
You lose.
Apprentice
Member # 8379
Profile Homepage #12
I really wished there was a sort of anti-Trakovite option. As a libertarian, I immediately searched out the option that would allow shaping for everyone, and since the rebels were crazy, and the Shapers were statist, I went with the Trakovites simply because they were a third party. Down with the government!

EDIT: As a side note, I'd like to point out that libertarianism is a completely valid political ideology, and most libertarians are moderate fiscal conservatives and social liberals. To find out more about the Libertarian Party and the Libertarian Reform Caucus, visit:
Reform the LP.org

[ Saturday, March 24, 2007 12:30: Message edited by: isjoeythere ]
Cartographer
Member # 995
Profile #13
I think the analogy is that Shaping is like nuclear or biological weapons. even libertarians are for a limits to such crazy powerful weaponry. the trakovite cause IS the libertarian cause -- no one can be free to live their lives how they like while everyone is tossing nukes.