My Gripe about Artifacts

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: My Gripe about Artifacts
Apprentice
Member # 8073
Profile #0
Does anyone else think that you should be able to make more artifacts?

Frankly, I am a little disappointed that you can't create any breastplate artifacts (or weapons).

Further, it seems kind of weird that all of the items you can make are not the type that would be made on an anvil. Granted, it is an enchanted anvil, but still, it would make a lot more sense if I could say, forge a sword on the anvil or hammer out a breast plate.

For instance, wouldn't a cloak, (like the Cloak of the Shadows) require an enchanted electric sewing machine?

I miss being able to make the emerald chestguard and the essence aegis.

Finally, does anyone ever make the Sunstone Belt? It looks like a waste to me.

--------
Ultimate Supreme Warrior Lord Philosopher Sovereign Wizard Jester of the Super Fabulous Noob Spiderweb Addicts
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #1
Mt biggest problem with the artifacts is that you can't make them all. Sure, you can make two cloaks and two different leggings, but then you have to choose whether you want a belt or boots. I'm pretty obsessive compulsive about things like this. Plus, since I cheat, I have no sense of which ones are the best, so I have a difficult time deciding which ones to make. Then you'll have an artifact component left over... for nothing.

As for the cloaks, vahnatai cloaks come to mind. They apparently have to be pounded to make them properly. I figure in the case of the artifact cloaks you're pounding the ingredients into them.

--------------------
You lose.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
I once made the Sunstone Belt as a singleton servile, since the bonuses to creation skills/stats of the Girdle of Succor and Shapemaster Boots weren't really of any use to me.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #3
I don't really think that the Impervious Cloak is that great. The Cloak of Shadows, however, is extremely useful and I recommend making it as soon as possible. I also liked the Gloves of Savagery. Other than that, I didn't really care for the artifacts. I found steel spines the most useful anvil item of all.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #4
I agree on the spines. Load up your defensive armor with them and, combined with Spine Shield (or not,) watch your enemy damage himself mightily upon your thorny self.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #5
I didn't use steel spines at all - playing as a lifecrafter, you don't particularly want to plan for being hit directly.

The only item enhancements I did use were the ones that boosted elemental resistance, but even then I had loads to sell afterwards.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?