Geneforge 4:rebellion.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Geneforge 4:rebellion.
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #0
Yes indded,the game was worth $28 :)
i just ended the game as a rebel (using canisters) I cannot help using them... I became a high ranked guy,and the unbound creations did some...Things,time to go pro shaper on this next story,but i have a question,and be real about it
which is right? I think the rebels are right,the shapers think they own everything,treat their creations however,but rebels treat theirs with respect and as if they are another living thing.
tell me what you think. :D

--------------------
R.R
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #1
The drakons (the Rebellion) treat their creations just as poorly as the Shapers do. The Shapers only want to keep the world from falling into the chaos and anarchy that it would be in under the Rebellion.

--------------------
You lose.
Apprentice
Member # 8155
Profile #2
Spoilers . . .

Honestly, this has to have been my favorite ending to date.

I was a dedicated rebel, who in the end couldn't bring myself to consign the world to fire and mayhem for the sake of a betrayed set of principles.

I destroyed the incubating unbound, turned myself over to the shapers and was executed for my part in saving the world.

Tragic and beautiful.

Seneschal

[ Saturday, March 03, 2007 23:32: Message edited by: Seneschal ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
If you don't use canisters, it's actually possible to betray the Rebellion at the very end and still survive. Admittedly, you still end up exiled to the Forsaken Lands for life, but at least it's something.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #4
In the other ending,i accidetntally messed up the unbound,and then i was put in the Northforge jail cells...i think i died in there,and people were saying what i did was a good thing...
Geneforge is crazy,i love this game.

--------------------
R.R
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #5
GF4 has some great endings. I confess I messed with the sdfs so I could see them all without having to repeat large chunks of the game immediately (obviously I will play through again but not like the day after I finished).

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Apprentice
Member # 8229
Profile #6
If you'd accept a Trakovite point of view from a heavily mutated creation, I'd appreciate it.

Shaping is doing harm, to some merely by the fact of it's existence. Like those farmers hateful for not being given new corn species...

--------------------
"At ease, guys, it's just some nonsence green wingbolt..."
- Guardian Kantor, Shaper infiltrator forces, last words.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #7
Originally by Acidic Helixbolt:

quote:
Shaping is doing harm, to some merely by the fact of it's existence. Like those farmers hateful for not being given new corn species...
They wouldn't have been any less upset if shaping didn't exist. It was a famine and they were starving to death. They would have been begging for food and equally upset if they didn't get any (or if it came by way of a merchant charging prices too expensive for most of them to afford).

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Acidic Helixbolt:

By that reasoning nobody should ever have any tools but their own two hands so that they can't be upset due to lack of things that would make their lives and work easier. I don't buy it.

—Alorael, who uses that corn to justify supporting the Shapers. Yes, shaping is used for evil. The Shapers use it to exert control and the Rebels use it to wreak widespread destruction. Without a war, though, it can be used to protect (armies aren't inherently evil) and it can be used to produce ornks, modified crops, tools, and other beneficial advances.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #9
Well,i'm going to try and see the ending of a shaper using canisters.

--------------------
R.R
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #10
I think that you can't call a Shaper to to the player that betrays the rebellion, it's maybe just that, a rebel traitor...Because shapers hate you, the rebellion will hate one day, and you are forced to be an infiltrator, not a so openly shaper like in G3.

And I think that shapers are wrong, but Shaping itself is allright, it can help people, but it's the use that people give to it what is dangerous. A weapon can kill, but also protect...
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #11
A stupid ending for pro-shaper with canisters...
Not worth mentioning.f

--------------------
R.R
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #12
I still resent that everyone/thing asumes that if you join the Shapers, it is for self-preservation/rewards. I stand on firm moral ground as I assist the Shapers.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #13
Exactly! I didn't do it for money, either. I did it because I wanted to smash everything that slimey creation Ghaldring ever stood for. I did it to see the look on Greta's face when I stuck the sword in her treasonous back. But above all, I did it in the name of peace. And order.

--------------------
You lose.
Apprentice
Member # 8155
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by Retlaw May:

I still resent that everyone/thing asumes that if you join the Shapers, it is for self-preservation/rewards. I stand on firm moral ground as I assist the Shapers.
I agree! Once Pandora's box is opened, there are only two alternatives. The reckless, uncontrolled use of that power or the controlled and responsible application of the same.

The only thing worse than the rebels are the Trakovites - no amount of wishful thinking will put the misery and misfortune back in the box because there will always be somebody willing to abuse power for their own ends.

Support your Shapers - it's the ONLY moral decision.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #15
To be fair, the Shaper ending didn't imply (at least to me) that the PC did it for personal gain. Certainly, pretty much every character in the game, both Shaper and rebel, thought you were in it to save your own skin, but that's to be expected when you're working as a double agent.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #16
I joined shapers to get access to every creation...in other words,power.
Also better equipment.

--------------------
R.R
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #17
Given the choice between releasing the unbound, or joining the Shapers, for me the Shapers win on moral grounds.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Warrior
Member # 7638
Profile #18
What is the Trakovite ending? Just curious.

--------------------
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
-- Bill Gates, 1981

The wheel is turning but the hamster is dead.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #19
Basically it's what Khyrryk recommends: you fix things so that 1 lot of unbound is made (allowing the rebels to halt the shaper advance) but the machinery is ruined after that 1 time so they can never make any more (so they can't advance either). The result is a stalemate with the shapers controlling western terrestria and the rebels controlling eastern terrestria. People realise what a lucky escape they had from the unbound and start to question the wisdom of shaping.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #20
I would love it if your character could actually crate his own unbound.

--------------------
R.R
Warrior
Member # 5186
Profile Homepage #21
The game wouldn't be balanced then. It'd be too easy.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #22
The game IS too easy.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #23
Not the actual "unbound" i mean a species of unbound...like
Unbound Rotghroth
Unbound Winbolt
Or even better,a longer game to put the strongest creations to use,and maybe even make your own "experimental" creations,like the ones Sharon has,and the experimental Rotghroth that Drayk has in that shaping room.

--------------------
R.R
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #24
Seeing as the whole point of being an Unbound is to be unbound, it just wouldn't make sense if you could shape them. Their whole purpose in life is to be an uncontrollable chaos machine. Besides, they look stupid anyway, ur-drakons are better.

--------------------
You lose.

Pages