Consequences

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Consequences
Apprentice
Member # 8073
Profile #0
Are there any consequences for killing a whole camp of shapers? Like the ones at western rise. Right now they are friendly and let me pass without issue.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #1
That lot is pretty tough, actually. If you can kill them all, you probably don't need to worry about any consequences. If you just get them mad, they'll stay mad, and you won't be able to cross Western Rise any more. Until you do kill them all, of course.

But I don't think there are really any other consequences. Alwan is (or thinks he is) employing you as a double agent. He expects you to maintain a rebel cover, and he has deliberately not told all his subordinates that you are on his side. So even though he may have given you a pass for Western Rise, if you end up killing them all there, he'll figure that they attacked you or something. After all, the Western Rise commander is a hot-headed fanatic. So Alwan will still deal with you. And I'm pretty sure that even Camp Gamma, just next door to Western Rise, will still deal with you.

[ Saturday, February 24, 2007 12:37: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
Yeah, wiping out Shaper camps has no negative effects on your standing with the Shapers, as long as you get everything you need from them first. There are two minor exceptions to this: wiping out the 31st Regiment, which shifts your reputation toward the rebels but otherwise has no effect, and wiping out the Poryphra Ruins camp for Litalia, which also shifts your reputation toward the rebels but doesn't prevent you from accessing the Shaper endgame.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #3
Is the 31st regiment the one that is "guarded" by a servile who tells you to go away (if you are a rebel like me)?? if so, how many men (app.) do they have? I am considering an attack with my glaahk and my brand new Drayk.

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Marcelo:

Is the 31st regiment the one that is "guarded" by a servile who tells you to go away (if you are a rebel like me)?
That's the one. There are about 4 soldiers, plus some icebreath roamers and burning turrets. There are also mines in the area, making it hard to move around. It's a pretty difficult fight; be patient, and try to draw enemies out one at a time if you can.

[ Saturday, February 24, 2007 15:11: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
Or wait until you are powerful enough to strong daze everyone and destroy the turrets. Then kill the rest. Not as much experience by waiting.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #6
Can you daze turrets? I don't recall them ever being stopped by my daze.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
Daze doesn't work on turrets, that's why you need enough health to withstand their attacks and not get stunned. But you don't want to fight them and the others, so daze the ones you can.

If you are careful you can only face one turret at a time and use a crystal on it.

[ Saturday, February 24, 2007 16:14: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #8
If you have glaahks and drayks, you should be able to handle there. It's not hard enough that you'll have to come back a while after you finish the rest of chapter 2.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #9
You can also stay just out of range of the turrets while you are fighting the rest of the party with Daze and ranged attacks. Then when nothing is left moving, you can attack the turrets one at a time at your leisure. There is no way to deactivate the purple mines all about, and they are fairly deadly, so be careful of them.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #10
Thank you all! that's awesome intelligence, here you are, some coins for your work...

I think I will explore more and get stronger to storm that regiment later.

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #11
Most creations should be able to survive a mine or two, and they do trigger them, so once you kill the enemies if you need to clear some to get at something just use creations to walk to them one at a time with healing spells interspersed.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s