Need help: where is Matala's Workshop

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Need help: where is Matala's Workshop
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #0
My servile is tired of his loyal drayk who dies often, he wants to replace it with a ur-drakon. He has visited all the drakon canisters, but still short for a few fire shaping skills. So can anyone tell him where is Matala?
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #1
Go to the Western Morass. Follow a path through the swamps leading North, and you will find a trapdoor leading down to the workshop. I'm not sure, but I think you need to talk Matala into opening the door to the canister first, otherwise it is locked. Then you can kill her afterwards.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
I'm not sure, but the key you get for killing her should also unlock that door. You need to be fairly pro-Shaper and have high leadership to get her to unlock that door. Otherwise Matala will attack.

Canister is Aura of Cleansing.

[ Tuesday, February 20, 2007 03:00: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
If he's trying to boost his Fire Shaping, what he wants is the Crystalline Fibers, which are in a box in the south of the area and can be reached without needing to kill Matala.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #4
Thanks. No wonder the name sounds familiar. He had been there long time ago, and was scared away by the toughness of the golem.
Apprentice
Member # 898
Profile #5
I just killed that golem. It's an incredibly long fight but since it only uses aura of flames to attack drayks and drakons will wear it down.

Helps to have something that can kill the drakon that appears a while into the fight though.

[ Wednesday, February 21, 2007 15:05: Message edited by: Joeaverage ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Joeaverage:

I just killed that golem. It's an incredibly long fight but since it only uses aura of flames to attack drayks and drakons will wear it down.
Wingbolts and gazers work better, IMHO; Matala is relatively vulnerable to magical damage. (Of course, they're also more vulnerable to fire than drayks and drakons, but that's what healing is for.)

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
Wingbolts and gazers run out of spell energy for their missle attacks half way through the fight. I wound up having them go into melee and kept blessing them. When they recovered enough in 3 to 4 rounds they would back off and go missle again for the final fight near the drakon.
Apprentice
Member # 8091
Profile #8
Well I currently have Matala backed into a corner. It works pretty well, he cannot cast aura of flames and I have him so stunned that he cannot use melee either. However, I didn't know what to bring in with me. Seeing as I am a pro-rebel infiltrator I neglected to increase my shaping skills and am now finding that the creatures I can create are very limited. I am sllloooowwwwlllyyyy wearing him down!!!!! This is gonna take a WHILE longer but as long as I get him in the end is all that matters!!!!! ;)

EDIT - Well I just got him... here is an interesting tidbit for you... because I had him in a corner in the room where the regeneration pylons are he was never able to let loose the possessed drakon on me. Its still sitting there all nicely bound up!!!!!

[ Thursday, February 22, 2007 12:27: Message edited by: Can't think of a Name ]