Geneforge 3 Ending (Spoilers?)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Geneforge 3 Ending (Spoilers?)
Warrior
Member # 4599
Profile #0
I am confused after playing G4 all the way through (pro Shaper of course). Throughout the game I was picking up references to G3, and how that game played out according to Jeff's own storyline.

Greta talks about Alwan, herself, and a third member traveling the Ashen Isles together. She mentions that se had to leave the group however, because she did not agree with the path they were following. This suggests a pro-Shaper ending for G3.

But the Ashen Isles have been conquered by the rebels, so a pro-Shaper ending doesn't seem to fit right. I could pull up a few more examples if I need to, but I think you get the idea.

I just want to know what happened at the end of G3, because no ending I have seen fits what I have heard in G4.

--------------------
"Yeah-- you're right. You christians are far too persecuted nowadays. I mean it. We really should stop feeding you to the lions." --TM

"Ancient Blessings" My unfinished (and likely to remain that way) BoA scenario.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #1
Spoiler Alert

Rebel ending-no canisters: You die.
Rebel ending-canisters: Don't know.
Shaper-no canisters: You become a General.
Shaper-canisters: Still a General, but loathed/despised.

And you should buy all 4 GF games, and play from #1. I did, and I loved every minute of it.

End Of Spoiler Alert

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Warrior
Member # 4599
Profile #2
I have played through every single Geneforge game. With the exception of G4, I have seen every ending. But that is where my question comes from, because no ending I saw in G3 fits the story in G4. I am wondering where Jeff was getting his ending from.

Come to think about it, I don't believe I have played through a game just killing everyone in my path. I wonder if that's even possible in G3.

--------------------
"Yeah-- you're right. You christians are far too persecuted nowadays. I mean it. We really should stop feeding you to the lions." --TM

"Ancient Blessings" My unfinished (and likely to remain that way) BoA scenario.
Apprentice
Member # 8078
Profile #3
i think they took the rebel shaper ending it doesnt say about the canister part but from alwans notes and talking to greta ive concluded that shaper *insert name here* started out following the shapers but his downfall to the rebels started when he picked up greta to help that he made a lot of discoveries with enchantments and died/disappeared
Shock Trooper
Member # 549
Profile #4
Greta leaves in G3 if you kill the Rebels on Harmony Island or if you kill the Creator but you can still get the rebel ending if you did those things.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Sarasaphilia:

Rebel ending-no canisters: You die.
Shaper-no canisters: You become a General.

What? In the rebel ending, you become a general and lead a troop in the rebellion. Meanwhile the war goes on and no one really wins. The rebel/shaper endings are basically the same, but with the PC on the other side.

[ Friday, February 16, 2007 23:41: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #6
You only die in the end if you get the Shaper ending but also murder Lord Rahul or Khyryk.

--------------------
You lose.