Strongest Weapon

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Strongest Weapon
Apprentice
Member # 8106
Profile #0
What is the strongest weapon?
Apprentice
Member # 8073
Profile #1
It depends on what your specific goals are in using the weapon. The best weapon for a well trained warrior/servile, is probably the Puresteel Soulblade, in terms of shear damage.

A lot of people prefer reaper batons, however.

There is a list of items available in the forum.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
Some of the elemental blades like Oozing blade and Frozen blade give attack bonuses and extra damage, It depends upon what part of the game and what you are attacking.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
The Viper's Touch isn't a bad endgame weapon for a melee character; damage equivalent to a Shaped Blade, plus a poison effect that does very significant damage after a few hits. And you can still enchant it with a Golden Crystal for even more damage.

Of course, the quest to get it is non-trivial.

For a lifecrafter or other character with many creations, the Guardian Claymore is good enough to use as an endgame weapon; fairly high damage (not that a lifecrafter should be attacking in melee), and a bonus to both your own Strength and that of your creations. The Charmed Falchion is a similar weapon that's also a decent choice, although you don't get it until later in the game. Keeping the Captain's Shiv around as a swap-in weapon for when you need to cast a high-level blessing spell isn't a bad idea either.

[ Friday, February 16, 2007 16:50: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #4
Oozing Blade with runed amethyst-- extra acid effect is my favorite in the game. It doesn't do the most damage, but it is cool.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Apprentice
Member # 475
Profile #5
I'm a fan of the Oozing Blade too. With high enough Quick Action, you're getting double hits pretty often, plus throwing acid on the enemy with each thrust. For me, that makes up for any difference in damage versus another, stronger blade.
Warrior
Member # 5531
Profile #6
My guess is that it depends on class. :eek:

As a lifecrafter, definitely favor weapons that buff your creations.

As an infiltrator, I just finished the game, and I beat most of it with the Guardian Claymore with acid effect enchanted on it. Also, look below.

As a heavy melee class, either pure damage weapons or weapons that give you ancillary effects (Oozing Blade)

--------------------
Trouser Snake.
Mustakrakish.

Infiltrators? No. Agents? YES!!