Shock tactics?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Shock tactics?
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #0
Who has tried to run a game using entirely disposable creations (pyroroamer, unstable thahd, etc)? Jeff has introduced so many short-lived variants this time, I assume he intends it to be a viable strategy to create a few unstable creatures just before each battle.

I suppose this would work well with a PC type who is capable of surviving on their own for a while when their pets are gone. So Warrior or Shocktrooper?Any experiences?

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #1
Shocktrooper. Definitely.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
I don't know. It's not a very good strategy, and I think you might do best with it by playing a servile or infiltrator and investing in your temporary minions as little as possible.

—Alorael, who could also see playing a lifecrafter and supplementing permanent creations with occasional cannon fodder for especially hard battles. In the end, though, it's just not much of a strategy.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Spooned Beef:

—Alorael, who could also see playing a lifecrafter and supplementing permanent creations with occasional cannon fodder for especially hard battles. In the end, though, it's just not much of a strategy.
I disagree. I've found shock tactics very affective as a Lifecrafter. Of course, I'm still in Illya Province. But a Charged Vlish really helped me with Krazo.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
A charged vlish has the slow/stun that vlish used to have in the earlier games. It helps to use stable creations since they will be more powerful later on without having to tie up large amounts of essence.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #5
I always use stable creations too close to my limit to do that (if I make another, I wouldn't have the essence to do blessing spells), though I guess unstable creatures will allow more power in one battle for the same essence cost. It would make things difficult going through an area with a whole bunch of little creatures, but I guess they can make sense if you are playing an infiltrator or battle skill strong class, and don't usually keep creations, but make some of them for difficult fights.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s