Is 8 really the highest useful leadership?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Is 8 really the highest useful leadership?
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #0
When in the shaper keep, I talked to the trainer, and was told I couldn't get training as I hadn't helped the shapers and "you aren't persuasive enough to convince him otherwise". I have 8 leadership, and wonder if that is a red herring, or if higher leadership will let you get training without helping the shapers.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
The more rebellious your actions have been, the more Leadership you'll need in some encounters. You could have done it with much lower leadership before doing some quests, but it's not terribly important.

—Alorael, who does believe it's always possible to get training with enough leadership. Enough just becomes unrealistic very quickly.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #2
I would suggest that you either help the Shapers to get training from him, or look for help elsewhere. (Namely, the Rebel Safehouse)

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
Some infiltrator items will raise leadership. There are a few places where leadership of 10 will help you get experience and avoid a fight. Moseh's Bunker to repair him, West Illya Road with the patrol thahds, and Alwan to avoid revealing the Safehouse (that might be lower).

[ Saturday, February 17, 2007 06:14: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #4
The problem with 8 leadership, is even if you are helping the rebels, you can't get training from them in shaping except for tier 1 creations, just canisters. Thus you need training from that shaper if you want the advanced creation types.

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #5
I assume you are talking about Duncan in Rivergate Keep. Although Leadership can make it easier to get him to train you, you don't need it, and you only need a minimal pro-shaper reputation (105) to utilize him. Leadership exchanges on a 1 to 1 basis with reputation for his check, so pumping leadership high for that would be a gross waste of skill points.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
As long as you get the Repair Moseh quest from Alwan, you can get a pass from Alwan to get in Shaper Camp Gamma. There you can get creation training. The Shapers only train you in approved creations so drayk, drakon, and gazer are all canister learned.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
Oddly enough, War Tralls have to be learned from canisters as well. They'd be marginally more useful if they were the only tier-5 creation learnable without canisters, but they're not.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #8
Hmm, as I haven't been helping the shapers any, I can't get the repair Moseh quest.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #9
Check the link at the top of the Geneforge 4 Forum for reputation. There are several quests that you can do to improve your reputation to the Shaper side. Also based upon the rewards you can estimate your current reputation.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #10
I kind of did every available quest for the benefit of the rebels. So does that mean no shaping training for anything but tier 1 creations the whole game?

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #11
Yup. The rebels expect you to use canisters to get the creations you need.

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #12
Thuryl's right. What AM I talking about? *blinks*

[ Saturday, February 17, 2007 04:59: Message edited by: Slartanalycyst ]

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #13
Uh, Slar, what are you talking about? There's definitely a reputation requirement to get the Repair Moseh quest. Even your own reputation guide mentions it, and I've just checked the Rivergate Keep script myself; it's definitely there.

As far as I can tell, you can't report Moseh's death to Alwan unless you got the quest, either.

[ Saturday, February 17, 2007 04:47: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #14
Hmm, so unless you help the shapers, you can't get the advanced types of clawbugs, kyshyks(sp), vlish, glaahks, roamers, or battle alphas?

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #15
Or using canisters.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #16
No, I read a list in some thread, and for those creations there only exist 2 canisters each.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #17
In the other GF games, I find that having a silver tongue really helps you through some tough conversations. I always buy a about 12-15 levels myself. However, I don't fully know how much I need in G2 thru G4, because I only have the demos (I know, shame on me, though I do have G1), and usually don't buy more than what I need for the demo portion.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #18
I read in another thread recently that each point of leadership gives a benefit of one point of reputation for that trainer, where any quest with 2 outcomes gives 1-5 reputation, so you really can't have enough leadership there if you always help the rebels. Someone said there are a few normal encounters where 12 leadership will do something in the game.

--------------------