Very quick Geneforge 4: Rebellion Update.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Very quick Geneforge 4: Rebellion Update.
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #100
quote:
Originally written by Grammatical Eros:

I waited three months, I can wait another week if necessary.
Speak for yourself.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Apprentice
Member # 6769
Profile #101
One of the reasons I love these games is because they're made for Mac first! MACs RULE!! :D

We deserve to be first; I'm tired of second-class computers getting the first choice of new games!

--------------------
I used to be Freya but had a sex-change operation when I changed providers and forgot my password and couldn't get back on this board as Freya!
Warrior
Member # 1668
Profile #102
So -- not to ask the obvious question, but has anyone heard from JV if there's a revised release date?

I'm trying as hard as I can not to get any work done, and GF4 would really support this noble cause...

--------------------
"Mongo only pawn in game of life" -- Mongo
Apprentice
Member # 7682
Profile #103
quote:
I'm tired of second-class computers getting the first choice of new games
Hehe, well said. My fingers are gettin itchy here for more Geneforge genius ;)
Warrior
Member # 3746
Profile #104
I am down to running tree branches back and forth for money in my text-based game...

It is high time for something new and interesting to spring up and tear me away from my boredom.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #105
Give Jeff a little time. Would you rather get the game on time but not quite ready or maybe a day or two late and in a state of stunning perfection?

—Alorael, who has no special information. He have any reason to think the game will or will not be late or that any particular stunning perfection is a reasonable possibility.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6559
Profile #106
I would have the game stunningly perfect, and today. It should also cure cancer, and usher in a new age of prosperity.

Seriously though, Jeff just said "quick update: should come out close to the 20th". It's not a release date at all. I thought we were just pretending. Or was I the only one?
*looks around in sudden doubt and fright*
Apprentice
Member # 5844
Profile Homepage #107
Well I for one am all for snark. That said, if GF4 doesn't eliminate world hunger, I'll be very disappointed.
Apprentice
Member # 5672
Profile #108
I personally have erroneously decided already about a month ago that the game is almost out - that was when the geneforge forum suddenly became very agitated and the beta testers have started glimpsing on what's coming. So I quite well understand what many people are going through now, and, as bad as it sounds, we can wait for as long as it takes.

About the game coming to Macs first, I am happy that for the first time (after Marathon at least) I can to tell my non-Mac-using friends what is the main reason they should get a Mac.

Having said all this, I do hope that we-Mac-users do not need to wait for too long (and that the non-Mac-users do not need to suffer to a too severe extent).
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #109
If I could wait for Windows Vista, I can wait a week or two for Geneforge 4.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #110
Relax with all the time-agonizing. All it does is stress us all out. For instance, -X- is now hoping that Jeff didn't die for obscure reasons.

See what you do to -X-?!?!

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Warrior
Member # 5302
Profile #111
I'm not sure if its even fully uploaded, but it appears to be on the FTP site. (even if the main page hasnt been updated yet.)
Warrior
Member # 4278
Profile Homepage #112
woohoo, it IS on the ftp! I'm installing it right now!

--------------------
Pathological Jerk
Jerking at Spiderweb since 1999
Warrior
Member # 5302
Profile #113
Unfortunately, it won't launch. Not that I'm in any position to complain, seeing as it hasn't actually been released.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #114
Well, it downloaded, installed, and ran for me. But since I'm still in the middle of G2, that's all it's doing for a while.
Why one earth would the file be up this much earlier than the website updates?

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Apprentice
Member # 6559
Profile #115
Just downloaded it. It's running fine here as well. Hurray!

Edit: here's the link for the ftp. Use at your own risk, though, since I guess it's not official yet.

[ Monday, November 20, 2006 13:24: Message edited by: Silb Aran ]
Apprentice
Member # 6769
Profile #116
Where's the FTP site??????

--------------------
I used to be Freya but had a sex-change operation when I changed providers and forgot my password and couldn't get back on this board as Freya!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #117
Yep, it's all there. Enjoy. G3 was also available on the FTP site before being advertised on the webpages. Maybe it's Jeff's way to reward the extreme keeners. Or maybe he downs a few beers to celebrate posting the thing to FTP, and doesn't get around to the rest for a while.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #118
quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

Yep, it's all there. Enjoy. G3 was also available on the FTP site before being advertised on the webpages. Maybe it's Jeff's way to reward the extreme keeners. Or maybe he downs a few beers to celebrate posting the thing to FTP, and doesn't get around to the rest for a while.
This just occurred to me, but I bet he wants to wait until G4 is put up on the site that does registration for him; then he uploads the the formal announcements.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Apprentice
Member # 412
Profile #119
Maybe it's still missing an important patch, or maybe it's just that the administrative stuff (purchasing etc) isn't ready for release.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #120
YES!!!!!!!!!! :D
Apprentice
Member # 6769
Profile #121
:( HELP!!!! You're not listening to me.

Where is the FTP site? I don't have it bookmarked.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5302
Profile #122
ftp://spidweb.com

There you go.
Apprentice
Member # 6769
Profile #123
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Now, if I didn't live in the middle of nowhere, I would have it quickly but we can't even get high speed here so it's a slow dial-up!! The small towns 2 miles away have had high speed for ages but we still can't get it here! :rolleyes:

--------------------

Pages