OK JEFF

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: OK JEFF
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #25
No, I can see that happening even with an operated time machine, assuming it is completely indestructible and easy to use. Even if a person were to be caught in a catastrophe (because people with time machines often do crazy things like seeing the dinosaurs or Mt. St. Helens erupt) and killed, the time machine would survive until another person found it and used it (probably by accident). And so on and so forth.

Dikiyoba.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #26
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

(because people with time machines often do crazy things like seeing the dinosaurs or Mt. St. Helens erupt)
If you read that quickly, the Mt. St. Helens part of the sentence seems to fade away, so it reads like:
quote:
(because people with time machines often do crazy things like seeing the dinosaurs erupt)
It would explain why the dinosaurs went extinct, though. :P

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #27
A time machine yeah well i tell you time is not a thing to mess with, because...Wait i have a book somewhere..Ah found it !!(
It's not an actual book but a story that my father told me this one)
All right supposing you have a crew of time travelers and you can travel in time the future hasn't been made yet so you will see
a part of the reality as it is going Ok, so you travel in your blue box to the Cretaceous period some 65 million years before christ.
You get out of your ship then at that point you interact with the past when you landed when you breathe the air when the dead skin of your body is blown by the wind altering the past but that won't do all lot of damage and alter the future since you are on a floating platform you won't damage the ferns and the flowering plants (grass didn't exists until the Moiocene period) .
Suddenly out of the pin trees a Daspletosaurus ( a tyrannosaurus cousin ) looks at you with curiosity, then it thinks that you are food or invading it's territory , it attacks the platform: your crew take their light sabers and kill the dinosaur you wonder if you altered the future you worry a lot you ordain your men to go inside the ship to see on your screen if the future is unaltered it isn't . You turn of the moving panels open a bottle of champagne and celebrate but as you speak one of your men accidently drooped is light saber on the ground causing him to jump off the platform thus steeping on to a butterfly he takes his weapon and gets up on the platform putting her light saber in her pocket
sure to not having disturbed the time line. You go back home.
And as you opened the door you see that people don't speak english .... they speak in a germanic origin tongue, THEY SPEAK
THE SAME LANGUAGE THAT HITLER SPOKE : they speak german .
As you see you soon find out that it was the butterfly that altered the future not as you thought earlier one the beheading of the dinosaur.
Even the smallest of changes can trouble the time line so,
take care of it and try to not mess around with it so it is imperative that time travel is forbidden to mankind it's to dangerous to let a bunch of crazy apes to be able to control the very fabric of reality cause you won't be careful.
Don't worry about that i think that the human race would be extinct before using time travel, we would either die of climate change or we would have evolved into an other form .
I think it would be possible to see the fabric of reality when man would evolve to a higher stage in evolution of mankind.
Since we are in the present we are not mean to live in the future or in the past because we simply cannot risk that.

(I know, it is bad to have killed the dinosaurs with my vulgarity.
But i can't help it if i boarded them to death !! right?)

[ Sunday, January 14, 2007 00:21: Message edited by: upon mars ]

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #28
Why yes, time travel is dangerous. That's ssuming that any changes you made would cause you to end up in a slightly different future, rather than the old one you came from. In addition to the Butterfly Effect, there are a variety of famous paradoxes associated with time travel. Luckily, we currently have no way of successfully doing so.

--------------------
Plaudite, amici, comedia finita est.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
Originally written by Upon Mars:

one of your MEN accidently drooped HIS light saber on the ground causing HIM to jump off the platform thus steeping on to a butterfly HE takes HIS weapon and gets up on the platform putting HER light saber in HER pocket
sure to not having disturbed the time line.

I'm more concerned with how the crew in your story can spontaneously and inexplicably change genders. Sounds like something was wrong before (or is it after? :P ) they came here via time machine.

--------------------
This post is sponsored by Al's Non-Drooping Lightsabers.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #30
Originally by Upon Mars:

quote:
A time machine yeah well i tell you time is not a thing to mess with, because...Wait i have a book somewhere..Ah found it !!(
It's not an actual book but a story that my father told me this one)
As long as you realize that it's not an original story. I forget the title and the author, but I've read it before.

quote:
(grass didn't exists until the Moliocene period) .
Dikiyoba isn't sure whether you mean the Miocene epoch or the Oligocene epoch, but either way grasses had evolved by the Eocene epoch or possibly before (though they weren't common). [/nitpicking]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

quote:
Originally written by Upon Mars:

one of your MEN accidently drooped HIS light saber on the ground causing HIM to jump off the platform thus steeping on to a butterfly HE takes HIS weapon and gets up on the platform putting HER light saber in HER pocket
sure to not having disturbed the time line.

I'm more concerned with how the crew in your story can spontaneously and inexplicably change genders.

I think that may have been an intentional part of the joke.

[ Saturday, January 13, 2007 16:35: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #32
quote:
Originally written by Cirion Actaeon:

Why yes, time travel is dangerous. That's ssuming that any changes you made would cause you to end up in a slightly different future, rather than the old one you came from. In addition to the Butterfly Effect, there are a variety of famous paradoxes associated with time travel. Luckily, we currently have no way of successfully doing so.
And you believe that we don't have time machines? I guess you have been told the truth. We alter time all the time, it's just that reality alters so only those that alter it know what changed.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #33
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

quote:

And you believe that we don't have time machines? I guess you have been told the truth. We alter time all the time, it's just that reality alters so only those that alter it know what changed.

So that, for the vast majority of people, time hasn't been altered at all.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #34
quote:
Originally written by Kuber:

quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

quote:

So that, for the vast majority of people, time hasn't been altered at all.

Thus, in effect, WE will never posses time machines, unless we invent them. We must simply resign ourselves to a linear way of seeing things, even if the actual path is erratic.

--------------------
Plaudite, amici, comedia finita est.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #35
Time gets altered, but for most people their perception is altered so they don't notice the alteration. Only those with access to the time machine would know the change has occurred.

The rest blunder along in linear fashioned until they go down the wormhole and come out on the other side in another time or parallel dimension where things went a little differently.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #36
Yes, when you alter time you go to a different dimension altering your mind and body. But the fact is you will never go home you/we will slip to an other dimension the closest to ours but still different.
we will have change your world and as you see we can change the threads of our lives in the present.
I think that the conditionment of the mind could create dimensions like in silent hill because people come up with different realities of one event. Example i have a rubber in my hand and to look how my arm moves when i am in a position to through something to better draw a man throwing a stone or an object meanwhile some sees the occasion to sort out some one hitting him by launching a stone.
Even if it wasn't, i get the blame but it doesn't matter how it is cause the stone would be launched into other space.
(And about the crew member i accidently put his so
she might be a she or well you now....)

Diki i have hunderds of books about flora and fauna in prehistoric times and i have never seen some one that told me wrong: you are right about that. Actually i am talking abut the grass that is green in grasslands thoses weeds that grow on main land the sort that produce grain.
Most grasses were in water ways intressting thanks to get me out of that one Dikilophosaurus.

[ Sunday, January 14, 2007 00:24: Message edited by: upon mars ]

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Apprentice
Member # 7407
Profile #37
Even if humans had a time machine how would they travel to the future?
There are always thousands of different futures and different dimensions.
The choices in the present affect the future, so if you went to the future via time machine it would not be the actual future, just a prediction.
It is also likely that in seeing the future you would change your actions in the present altering it again.
There is no exact future. ;)

--------------------
We come from the dark side, where there is to be no return.
Sonn the invasion will begin!
Join us now!
http://www.ferion.com/?p=245800
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #38
Yes i see you mean time travel is impossible forwards but most scientists says it's impossible going back in time so thinking that the time machine was actually a dimension traveller making worm holes without sucking the planet where you are living. Good idea, then time travel would be impossible you would only see the past but not interact with it or supposing that the time is a line that moves and goes in all directions we could move the particles around you back words then moving into the past but it seems improbable. But if people could change the very fabric of reality and time more than we do, that would be the greatest achievement
of the human race .
Any way read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_travel

[ Sunday, January 14, 2007 00:46: Message edited by: upon mars ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #39
Wow. "Gone With the Wind" to "Time Travel". Excellent topic deviation.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Apprentice
Member # 6034
Profile #40
Is it just me, or is this getting very scary now?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #41
Given that what we have here is (a failure to communicate) n00bs and trollers, it's not surprising that it's a little odd.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #42
It doesn't even really rank that high on the list of odd Spiderweb topics.

There are no Probentai.

There is no melonsex.

No eggs are laid.

No post-natal abortion is embraced.

—Alorael, who really has to say that it's quite tame. You could share this thread with your puppy, really.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #43
Something about melonsex and puppies in close visual proximity just made my brain explode.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00

Pages