OK JEFF

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: OK JEFF
Apprentice
Member # 6034
Profile #0
Should I start to read Gone with the Wind, or are you going to release G4 soon?
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #1
Well, I assume you mean that you are waiting for the Windows version. It has only been a few weeks, so be patient. It usually takes Jeff a little while to port the game because it apparently is not as easy as running it through a single automated program. :rolleyes:

If you do read Gone with the Wind, tell me how it goes.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #2
Early February is the current goal.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
It would take about 2 weeks just to run through the game for the beta testers to see if there were any mistakes in porting. At least all the plot and areas are finished which didn't happen with the Mac version.
Warrior
Member # 3035
Profile Homepage #4
just calm down now, as much as we would love to have jeff as a slaved geek working in our basement chained to his PC - or mac if you swing that way - we must remember that he got him self a wife - or did she get him?- and they reproduced...so either have more Patience or build a time machine stop his courting and enslave him.... that or buy a mac...but the time machine would be cooler!

[ Tuesday, January 09, 2007 20:32: Message edited by: Pyro ]

--------------------
Geneforge 3 Trainer for windows.
[NEWEST v.0.9 ~~ Trainer D/L Here (.zip, 103kb)
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #5
Coolest of all, though: the iTime.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #6
Comming June 2008: the iTimeMacine. Now you can play Avernum 5 first and enslave humanity.

Edit: Damn you SoT! It was my idea!

[ Tuesday, January 09, 2007 21:31: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
Apprentice
Member # 6034
Profile #7
Thanks Guys, This is the nicest group of posters I have ever seen. A support group if you will.

I was only kidding with Jeff, trust me I know he is working hard.

Man, RPG Codex would have ripped my head off. Thanks again for the nice replies!!!!

And Still hurry up Jeff!!!! :)
Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #8
Am I mistaken, or does OS 10.5 not come with a program called Time Machine?

--------------------
Plaudite, amici, comedia finita est.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #9
It didn't, until after it was developed late next year. (My time in the Cosa Bianca has not been entirely wasted.)

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by cubgrace:

Thanks Guys, This is the nicest group of posters I have ever seen. A support group if you will.
Some of us are nice, but overall we are just considerate. Just wait until you get on the bad side of a couple of staple posters. But in the meantime, welcome! I'm sure someone has already told you about the brain eating fluffy turtles, so carry on.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
====
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #11
No, Spiderweb isn't a support group. It is, according to Robin, "a big, steaming pool of estrogen."

—Alorael, who can now abuse his metaphor further by noting that Spiderweb seems to run low on steam whenever there aren't enough flames around to keep it going.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #12
I am aware that 10.5 isn't out yet. I simply seem to recollect that, in the keynote presentation about Leopard, a program called Time Machine was introuduced. Having located it on Apple.com as well, I can only assume that you were merely mocking my choice to use present tense for its existance. Technically, a time machine would exist at all times...

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Cirion Actaeon:

Technically, a time machine would exist at all times...
Actually, all time machine designs that are even remotely feasible under the known laws of physics can't take you back any further than the time when the time machine was originally constructed.

IMAGE(http://www.spillegal.no/forum/style_emoticons/default/eng101.gif)

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Thuryl wrote:
under the known laws of physics

Yes well, there's the rub. I would hazard a guess that if a useable time machine is ever developed, it will exploit the currently unknown laws of physics...

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #15
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

Damn you SoT! It was my idea!
So it was, but as you said, iTime is cool. All I had to do was click the 'Back' button ...

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #16
Am I missing something here because I don't understand why a time machine must necessarily exist at all times?

--------------------
====
====
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #17
Given sufficient time, a time machine will end up in every time. In fact, given infinite time a time machine has a reasonable probability of occupying all space and time in the universe.

—Alorael, who has of course approximated the time machine as spherical, uniform in composition, uncharged, massless, and indestructible.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #18
Theoretically using certain black holes you can access other times, however what's left of you won't be able to enjoy the experience.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #19
Alorael, that still does not explain why it must be in every time at once. I am sure that the DeLorean from Back to the Future only went to specific times and places. At best it would only occupy all the time between dates, which is really no better than any other normal object.

Randomizer, that is a pretty big "theoretically". I theorize that through black holes lie the sanity that we have all left at the door.

--------------------
====
====
Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #20
Yes, that was definately bad phrasing. The great majority of theories in this regard disagree with that. I meant, simply, that even if "Time Machine" hasn't been released yet, it has been developed, and thus, if it worked as an actual Space/Time transport, rather than simply a system to back up your files, it would be possible to deliver a copy to the past. I am sure some sort of restrictions would be put in place, though. Apple police roaming time...

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #21
Still not understanding. :confused:

And Alorael, why would a time machine be an elementary particle? Or were you describing merely the "chronotons" that enabled time travel, and the machine itself was some other object?

--------------------
====
====
Apprentice
Member # 4195
Profile #22
quote:
"a big, steaming pool of estrogen."
Oh my god, it's the Geneforge!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #23
The critical part is the time machine being indestructible. If it survives catastrophic locations and events, it will end up going through everyone's hands, and someone among everyone will eventually want to go everywhere and everywhen. That's a grotesque approximation, of course, which is why I added the standard excessive physics disclaimer.

—Alorael, who wonders if Zxquez is, in fact, a time machine. Or perhaps Imban. That would explain why they're everyone.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #24
Arghhh! The time machine paradigm you present is incoherent to me. If the time machine traveled through time by itself at random intervals, then it would make sense. However, if it must require an operator, then an absence of which would confound your prediction. Of course there are many ways to make it true, but nothing will necessarily happen.

--------------------
====
====

Pages