Cheating/Editors

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Cheating/Editors
Apprentice
Member # 6752
Profile Homepage #0
I am surprised to not have heard any mention of The Cheat on this forum. It is a simple way to edit any numerical stat in pretty much any video game. It actually lets you search for the variables used by the Geneforge application, find the one you are looking for, and then change it to anything you like.

I have been using this program (or another old one that worked the same way) since the early Exile days for all my cheating needs, and I figured it was time to give something back to the community that I have been leeching from to get through Geneforge 4. If you need any help using it, just ask (or read the directions).

You can download it directly from the guy that makes it at: http://www.brokenzipper.com/

Or just search on version tracker. It is totally free to download and use, of course.

- Impact :cool:

P.S. Editing your available skill points is the easiest way to make that God-like character you have always wanted
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #1
Oh look, finally someone else in Seattle besides Jeff and myself.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #2
It looks like a very useful, universal program for cheating. However, I usually stay away from things like this because I have no confidence in that nothing harmful was included with the application. I'm not sure if it's still a policy anymore not to talk about direct hexediting style programs.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
It's still policy here, and you can always go through the source code yourself looking for malicious pieces. Assuming, of course, that you are fluent in whatever code is being used.

—Alorael, thinks this is just like Pandora's Box was for OS 9. Except probably with fewer references to unusually octopoid games.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3340
Profile #4
Now if there was a version for the PC...... :D

James

--------------------
Sometimes I just don't know anything about everything -- or do I ?
Apprentice
Member # 6752
Profile Homepage #5
Ahh! Sorry if I managed to break the rules on my first post. I thought hex editing usually referred to editing the program files in hex, but I can see how this is pretty much the same thing.

Impact

Edit: Pandora's Box! Yes, that was the old program I used to use way back in the days of Exile!

[ Friday, December 08, 2006 23:12: Message edited by: Impact ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
It's not an entirely reasonable rule, but it's a rule and we abide by it.

That said, modification of h*xes has contributed vastly to our understanding of the world of Exile/Avernum. We'd never be able to walk through walls and be sure that those unreachable rooms are empty without it!

—Alorael, who thinks Jeff could have at least gone to the trouble to put a few more, "What are you doing in here?" signs on the walls.
Apprentice
Member # 7249
Profile #7
I have tried for ages to find the code variable thing for skill points, but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know it?

--------------------
Well, you may disagree, but I have thumbs! Look!
Warrior
Member # 7764
Profile #8
That would be awesome...

100 Intelligence......*drool*

--------------------
I have a karma of 2!Yay!
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #9
I would imagine that intelligence is capped at 30 + items, like in the other games.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
Look at this thread for scripts that handle stats.

—Alorael, who thought the cap was set up to prevent you from raising the stat higher than 30. If you cheat to boost it more it probably still has the usual effects. Infinite essence is a beautiful thing.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #11
I thought the other games capped stats at 30, including items, and did weird things (i.e., reduced stats sometimes) if you equipped and then took off a stat booster with that stat already maxxed out.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5186
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by The Real Dragon King:

Now if there was a version for the PC...... :D

James

You can use Cheat Engine on windows....
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #13
Actually, if you get too much intelligence, your essence and energy will go negative by about 30,000. So, 30,000 is probably tour maximum for everything. -X- prefers to use custom-made charms to increase stats beyond possible limits.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by -X-:

-X- prefers to use custom-made charms to increase stats beyond possible limits.
You call that cheating? Charms take up inventory space! I can't understand why you would ever need stats above 30 anyway.

--------------------
You lose.
Warrior
Member # 7764
Profile #15
How do you get custom made charms oh-mighty -X-???

[ Thursday, December 14, 2006 09:12: Message edited by: Eater of Pancakes ]

--------------------
I have a karma of 2!Yay!
Apprentice
Member # 6433
Profile #16
err... i would think you edit an existing item useing notepad (or have times moved on?) so that when you equip that sword/sheild/whatever it is you get a huge stat increase. it would likely be in the items file. ;)

[ Thursday, December 14, 2006 13:09: Message edited by: sharx ]

--------------------
im back in turn based RPG!!!