One more quick question.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: One more quick question.
Warrior
Member # 6322
Profile #0
Are there still hidden passages like in the previous Avernums? I am unaware if they made the transition to the new engine.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #1
No there aren't any.

And the ones that are there all have a lever to pull to open it.

--------------------
If you listen to LakiRa@ all will go well!
Shock Trooper
Member # 2123
Profile #2
No hidden passages? Then I spent all that time walking into walls at random was for nothing? Oh-well.

--------------------
Rahhar...
Warrior
Member # 6322
Profile #3
Guess it is good and bad. Good in that I don't need to wall hump and wrack my brains out.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
Walking into walls does nothing. There is one place in the Abyss where you find a hidden door by luck. Nothing special inside.
Apprentice
Member # 10304
Profile #5
The secret door system from AV 1-3 had a one major flaw - looking at the automap you could usually guess with ease which wall to molest for hidden content.

IMAGE(http://www.spidweb.com/images/GalacticCore/chromite.jpg)
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by kkarski:

[QB]The secret door system from AV 1-3 had a one major flaw - looking at the automap you could usually guess with ease which wall to molest for hidden content.
That was the thing that made in manageable rather than sanity-wrecking. If you couldn't find a secret room by the difference between the inside and outside volume of a building, you'd never find them.

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #7
I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but what do and mean?

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
Iffy= Infernal Flamming Muffin. The y is added to make a word.
lol teh stupd text spek is lik ubar dum lol
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
I have no idea what you're talking about, and I think you just savaged unoffending grammar.

—Alorael, who supposes he must therefore confess that he also has no idea what and means.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 10304
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Igor:

That was the thing that made in manageable rather than sanity-wrecking. If you couldn't find a secret room by the difference between the inside and outside volume of a building, you'd never find them.
I think that it would be possible to make secret passages location somewhat discernable to an observant player; there could be some clues that would point you to casting faright or something.
On the other hand, the hidden rooms' content would have to be nerfed so that the less observant(or dedicated) ones weren't too handicapped.

Anyway, my posts in this topic are just a rant that the automap took the secrecy away from secret passages and room.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #10
There could also be invisible chests and boxes that you could find only if you get close enough to it.

And I'm find with secret passages as they are.

--------------------
If you listen to LakiRa@ all will go well!
Apprentice
Member # 8558
Profile #11
i miss the hidden passages too. it took me a while to realize they didnt exist in avernum 4 tho