A5 Questions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: A5 Questions
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #25
Excuse me. Two attack frames. Right and left, baby!

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 9790
Profile #26
I still think we need more attack graphics. My character: "Yes i am an experienced swordsman who can slaughter without effort, but i only know how to stab. I'm serious. And of course when i'm fighting 10 enemies or so nobody notices that every freaking ime i'm going for their gut/chest area. after fighting over 1000 enemies, nobody realises that i can only stab. of course not. Now if you'll excuse me, i've gotta go practice my stab for 6 hours then read up on scrolls that allow me to make a ption that will make me invulnerable and then make me able to summon acid out of thin air and direct t, which is much easier to create than a upwards or downwards sword attack. Goodbye."

And Drakefyre, i support your love for mac. GO MAC! Don't make me go back to PC. the things i saw..... the things i had to do...... i felt....violated...... please don't make me go back. i still have nightmares... *Shudder* :D

--------------------
Perfect Geneforge artifact: Solidified flame+unmelting ice+Belgian chocolate+ Never-fade food colouring= The perfect m'n'm. Always heals you and never runs out. Take THAT, you make-expensive-chocolate-that-costs-too-much-andd-that-you-make-cost-too-much-because-your-jerks-and-you-store-everyone's-money-and-jewelry-and-your-stuck-up-swedes!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #27
Thanks, I know how it is. But please edit your signature to stop it from stretching the browser. Just put a space somewhere in that long hyphenated word. Or I'll do it for you, and you wouldn't like that ;)

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
====
Warrior
Member # 9790
Profile #28
ok i WILL put a break, right where the swedes part is. Dont do it yourself... it hurts...... i can't sleep in the dark anymore :D Can we go back to the graphics now, this stuff.... hurts (shiver shiver) :D . for my graphic thoughts , go bakc to my character's dialouge at the top of this page

--------------------
Perfect Geneforge artifact: Solidified flame+unmelting ice+Belgian chocolate+ Never-fade food colouring= The perfect m'n'm. Always heals you and never runs out. Take THAT, you make-expensive-chocolate-that-costs-too-much-andd-that-you-make-cost-too-much-because-your-jerks-and-you-store-everyone's-money-and-jewelry-and-your-stuck-up swedes!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #29
What about the breathtaking Swiss fjords, then?

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

Excuse me. Two attack frames. Right and left, baby!
Untrue! One frame, but two different graphics.

—Alorael, who sees no need for pretty animations in Avernum games. He was perfectly happy just getting highlights in earlier Exiles. It's not a stab, it's an indication that you are, in fact, performing an attack.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 9790
Profile #31
it looks more like a tab to me. And i will not diss the arrogant little banker swiss who sit on their thrones and eat choclate fo their natural resources, i have plenty of ammunition besides that :D

--------------------
Perfect Geneforge artifact: Solidified flame+unmelting ice+Belgian chocolate+ Never-fade food colouring= The perfect m'n'm. Always heals you and never runs out. Take THAT, you make-expensive-chocolate-that-costs-too-much-andd-that-you-make-cost-too-much-
because-your-jerks-and-you-store-everyone's-money-and-jewelry-and-your-stuck-up swedes!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #32
It was a shocking and marked improvement over the Exile and Exile II graphics that didn't attack at all. Exile III was still my first love. *sigh*

--------------------
====
====
Warrior
Member # 9790
Profile #33
welcome to 2007. pull yourself out of the exile era. we crave better grphics these days, exile was WAY in the beggining

--------------------
Perfect Geneforge artifact: Solidified flame+unmelting ice+Belgian chocolate+ Never-fade food colouring= The perfect m'n'm. Always heals you and never runs out. Take THAT, you make-expensive-chocolate-that-costs-too-much-andd-that-you-make-cost-too-much-
because-your-jerks-and-you-store-everyone's-money-and-jewelry-and-your-stuck-up swedes!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #34
quote:
Originally written by Lifecrafterandnoobeditor:

welcome to 2007. pull yourself out of the exile era. we crave better grphics these days, exile was WAY in the beggining
Speak for yourself. And if you really do crave these "better grphics," then go play Gears of War or something.

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Warrior
Member # 9790
Profile #35
well, i prefer the storyline, gameplay creativity over it, i'm simply making suggestions for improvments

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #36
By Ephesos:
quote:
Speak for yourself. And if you really do crave these "better grphics," then go play Gears of War or something.
I agree that graphics aren't everything, but they are something. I don't think graphics will ever be a major selling point for Spiderweb (unless there will be games developed on a licensed engine, which would be a diffent story), but that doesn't mean that Jeff should strive for low-end graphics.

(Though I do agree that extended attack animations don't have a place in Spiderweb's turn-based, tactical-minded combat.)

--------------------
I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.
- Gwendolen
Warrior
Member # 9790
Profile #37
i think aother attack motion would be better. it became somewhat better with the throwing motions but i still crave another attack motion. and esphesues, no offence, but you sound like an old guy with these remarks:

You Geneforge/A4 vets are spoiled. Back in the day of the Trilogy, back when it was a proper trilogy, we had one attack frame and we liked it.

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #38
That was the intent ... he's being playful.

Still, I actually do prefer the old graphics and interface - the new system just seems bloated and much too slow. But to each his own.

--------------------
====
====
Warrior
Member # 9790
Profile #39
that is true, but i'm sure jeff will give us anothr good game. i mean, i would prefer a extra attack motion, but that is'nt exactly the selling point for the games.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 2000
Profile Homepage #40
I would play Exile/Avernum if it was text based (I play a fair amount of text based games). Graphics mean nothing to a game. It's gameplay and story that I care about.

--------------------
Since Imban Likes to Edit my Posts ...

... And Drakey likes to edit your signature. Stop it, Ed.
Warrior
Member # 9790
Profile #41
i like the gamplay and story but i dont think i would play it text-based, aaas you cant really see everything, and you dont get as good a feel

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #42
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

You Geneforge/A4 vets are spoiled. Back in the day of the Trilogy, back when it was a proper trilogy, we had one attack frame and we liked it.
Ha. Back in my day, we didn't even have attack animations and we walked through solid cavewood doors.

:Edit: Hmmm. I forgot there was a second page. Oh well.

[ Tuesday, August 28, 2007 06:57: Message edited by: Andraste ]

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Warrior
Member # 9790
Profile #43
umm...... ok....... when was that? that sounds liek the old dark ages when computers were new inventions and mac's were'nt around yet. :D :D

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #44
Exile games didn't have the animations.

Although back when I started playing we had text characters for graphics. You swung at a "D" by moving onto that square to attack the dragon.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #45
You had D's?! We had to push the beads around on the abacus. But the gameplay was awesome.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #46
At least you got an abacus. All we had was a stick to draw in the dirt.

—Alorael, who was always jealous of the kids whose parents could afford sharp sticks. His sticks were always completely blunt. Also they were covered with poison ivy.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #47
And when the rains came, forget about it. Talk about corrupting saved games!

--------------------
====
====
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #48
Flithy spammers!

--------------------
Synergy - "I don't get it."

Dikiyoba - "Dang. I'm one firecracker short from getting a gourd potion today."
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #49
quote: