Not starting as rats

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Not starting as rats
Warrior
Member # 7745
Profile #0
I think this is a great idea as it means i could start pillaging villages straight away if i so choose. Much better than in most RPG's where i would have to endure hundreds of hours of tedium before the game deemed me worthy and allowed me to do so.

That's why i like TES series so much btw, is because you can do anything right from the start.

Discuss.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
...okay, this has already been discussed.

I'd like a reason not to lock this.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Warrior
Member # 7745
Profile #2
But the other thread was about crafting. Besides this gives the subject it's own devoted thread.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
You're not supposed to pillage villages in Avernum. The big, burly guards are able to beat you up for a reason.

Dikiyoba doesn't know anything about rats, but at least you won't start off as a worm in A5.

Edit: Typo.

[ Wednesday, May 23, 2007 09:17: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #4
Or a chitrach [grumble].

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by jamesmcm:

That's why i like TES series so much btw, is because you can do anything right from the start.
I'm not so sure this is a good thing. Something is just not right about becoming the Arena Grand Champion, the best fighter the land has ever seen, at level 1 using the rusty iron armor and sword you found in the tutorial dungeon. The leveling process is an important part Jeffs games, if not almost all RPGs.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
Just because you can destroy the village doesn't mean you should at the start. Sometimes you make hostile someone you will need later on in the game.