problem getting into formello

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: problem getting into formello
Apprentice
Member # 7959
Profile #0
I cannot seem to get into the city of Formello. Both entrances are barricaded. All the walkthroughs I've read indicate that you should be able to simply walk in. Help!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
The people of Formello are a little nervous right now. Finish the Fort Draco Mines quest and get orders from Fort Draco to make them let you in, but be prepared for an icy reception.

[ Friday, January 26, 2007 02:12: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #2
[ Friday, January 26, 2007 09:25: Message edited by: upon mars ]

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #3
[ Friday, January 26, 2007 09:25: Message edited by: upon mars ]

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
Upon, are you in the right topic?

Oh, and if you're going to double-post, please at least acknowledge it.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #5
Damnation ! i don't know how i double post is it my computer ?
Oh no i am not on the right topic hate those things!

[ Friday, January 26, 2007 09:23: Message edited by: upon mars ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by bk23:

All the walkthroughs I've read indicate that you should be able to simply walk in. Help!
I didn't know that Avernum4 has that many walkthroughs
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Cryptozoology:

be prepared for an icy reception.
I groan at thee, sir!

—Alorael, who thinks it's only fair to warn you that the first half of A4 is very linear and the rest is fairly linear too. You will do the major quests in order or you will not be able to move forward.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #8
That's only because Jeff kept revising the game to prevent people from wandering around and doing too many things out of order. When you find gates that won't open it's a good sign that this isn't where you are supposed to go at this point in time.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #9
That restriction on movement is a good idea too. Otherwise your low - level party could blunder into something too big to handle. So the game needs a pacing mechanism which ensures that the party does not have the ability to explore areas where the monsters are just too tough.

The flip side is that the game is more linear than its predecessors. In Avernum 1 you could make a bee - line for Erika's Tower quite easily. This could lead to big trouble.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #10
Luckily, the game has a built-in alarm system: dying.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Warrior
Member # 7032
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by Ishad Nha:

That restriction on movement is a good idea too. Otherwise your low - level party could blunder into something too big to handle. So the game needs a pacing mechanism which ensures that the party does not have the ability to explore areas where the monsters are just too tough.

The flip side is that the game is more linear than its predecessors. In Avernum 1 you could make a bee - line for Erika's Tower quite easily. This could lead to big trouble.

Hmm, in the games "Diablo" and "Diablo 2" (yeah I know these games are linear too) you could move to the next (more difficult) area sooner, rather than later, and be able to handle things. Though with greater difficulty, but you'll get more XP for it, and at the end of the game you character will be about the same level.

In "Diablo" there are even advantages to avoid level-up for as long as possible.

I personally like the way this is balanced.

--------------------
_ _ _____________________________ _ _
Power to (the) Mas(ses)
Apprentice
Member # 8011
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by SevenMass:

I personally like the way this is balanced.

Balanced eh? The glory of the previous Exile series was that you could do what ever you wanted out side of the story. All this realy does is confine you to the story. They pulled an EV Nova.

[EDIT]
If you use a mac and you haven't heard of EV, :eek:

[ Saturday, February 03, 2007 21:07: Message edited by: Quickfire ]

--------------------
That's good stuff! (Hic.)
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #13
I already approve of this Quickfire, so I claim the right to the traditional greeting.

Welcome to Spiderweb! Leave your sanity at the door!

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Quickfire:

If you use a mac and you haven't heard of EV
Have too. The only reason I don't play it anymore is because, unlike Jeff, they don't send you a new key when you lose your old one. I'll never forgive that bastard Captain Hector.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #15
You can indeed get more passwords from Ambrosia, and they've got the system completely automated.

—Alorael, who has gotten new EV:N passwords many times. He tends to do horrible things to do the game files in the name of plugins and then scrap it all, reinstall, and reregister.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00