How would you do it?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: How would you do it?
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #125
quote:
Originally written by Slarty:

quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

It would also mean Starrus was crowned in 851 IE and he was born in 838 IE. When Micah was 81. Not to mention the fact that there's never any queen of Avernum or anything. And to say that Micah lived any longer than that is really stretching it.

So I think it's fair to say that Micah was dead for the majority of the Second Slith War.

I agree with your conclusion, but doesn't Rone (or somebody) mention that Micah gave in to life-extending magic in order to continue to serve Avernum, while he had no heir? That makes his old age seem less improbable.

Magic could also answer the concern about the lack of a queen. Avernum's answer to immaculate conception I guess!

quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

There is never any specific mention of a gap government between Micah and Houghton, but I assume that there was something, since the Council ruled alongside Micah but is not in existence in Avernum 4. Something happened that we don't know about...
No, no. Somebody in A4 *definitely* talks about the demise of the Council. I don't remember if it was Houghton or Starrus or or Rone or Kelner or someone in the castle or maybe even someone random like Angarahad, but somebody explains it. A good summary is in this Encyclopedia Ermariana article which, ironically enough, you (Drakey) wrote. :P

Top: I said that to explain why he lived so long.

Bottom: I searched for "council" in the Avernum 4 text and got four references to the Olgai Council. I could have sworn that someone talked about it including one of the mayors, but I guess not.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #126
Huh. I could have sworn that, too. Are you sure your search encompassed all of the data files?

Maybe they used a euphemism for it?

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 7452
Profile #127
Complaint: Slimes look like cow (edited out)
why the heck does this censors me¿?

[ Thursday, September 21, 2006 15:01: Message edited by: *i ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #128
There are children on these forums, that's why. Please don't evade the autocensor.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #129
No vulgarity on these boards please. If you continue to evade the automatic censors, you will be censored permanently.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #130
Be censored or be censured!

—Alorael, who will have it known that the real trick is to learn to speak Spidwebese like a native. There are certain innocuous words that carry worlds of hate and venom.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 7452
Profile #131
Slimes look like cow feces
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #132
Thanks for your cooperation. Personally, I like the Exile slimes better, but that's probably nostalgia. Granted, there's not a whole lot you can do with a slime, it's sort of a big blob of matter. Come to think of it, the slimes in Exile were a bit more, they actually had some identity to them...well, as much as a slime can have I suppose. :P

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #133
The slimes in Exile were better. The different kinds were more easily distinguishable visually, and their abilities tended more towards interesting (various spells, ice fields, HP-based splitting) and less towards annoying (set, high number of splits each with high HP).

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 7452
Profile #134
I want the Old Avernum graphics!!!!!!
Lack of Vision
Member # 2717
Profile #135
quote:
Originally written by Slarty (Italics are mine):

...The standard of living in Exile seems to have risen promiscuously after E3 (which makes sense).

To quote Inigo Montoya - "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Z

--------------------
Pan Lever: Seventeen apple roving mirror moiety. Of turned quorum jaggedly the. Blue?

Pages