whats this?!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: whats this?!
Warrior
Member # 5802
Profile #0
quote:
11-16-05: We've added two more screenshots of Avernum 4, which should be out for Mac in December.
Wow :eek: ... And will it be out for Windows short after? Who knows

--------------------
If Skribbane dosn't kill me, canisters will.

"You suck." - TM
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #1
I had emailed Jeff a couple of weeks ago asking about registering Lost Souls, and I also asked about Avernum 4. He said he was hoping to have it out by December 10th.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
A few months after, depending on how long it takes to work the bugs out.

—Alorael, who is filled with the unutteraeble joy of being able to dispense wisdom and, more importantly, actually talk about the details of A4.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Aha! That's how he does it! Alorael double-posts and then deletes his second post! That's the secret to having 10000 posts!

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #4
Ssssh...nobody is supposed to know about the dark secrets of Spiderweb...if someone found out Alorael is really none other than...eeek!

:D

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by *i:

if someone found out Alorael is really none other than...eeek!

:D

Motrax? :)

Well, that's an old conspiracy theory, but I have also heard rumors he does not live in Alaska at all.

[ Wednesday, December 07, 2005 01:29: Message edited by: An array cat ]

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
I am not SMoE. Although we are strikingly similar, we can always be distinguished by our respective choices of instrument and the degree of zeal with which we pursue the musical arts. And a few other things.

—Alorael, who should stop deleting his double posts so everyone can keep tabs on them. There really aren't that many! Honest!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #7
Hey, Juneau what the capital of Alaska is? Al-askya later.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Synergy67:

Ow, ow, ow, ow... that caliber of joke was outlawed by the Geneva Convention.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

quote:
Originally written by Synergy67:

Ow, ow, ow, ow... that caliber of joke was outlawed by the Geneva Convention.

It wasn't even especially funny.

Alo: Maryland?

[ Wednesday, December 07, 2005 18:23: Message edited by: An array cat ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #10
Oh, it's funny right. :D

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #11
Ooooh, December 10th? :D :D :D

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #12
Are there any Mac emulators? I'm just wondering as it would be kind of good to play the demo when it comes out, rather than having to wait a few extra months.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #13
There are Mac emulators, but I'm not aware of any which Avernum 4 would run decently on.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #14
Any reccomendations on which it would run best on?
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #15
Well, um, considering that you'll undoubtedly download and buy the Windows version, I suggest just waiting a few months. That would be simplest option, though it may not be the most immediately gratifying one.
Apprentice
Member # 240
Profile #16
wow, I haven't been here in a while and didn't even know A4 was coming out, let alone soon! so this is pretty cool :D
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #17
This is pure torture knowing that A4 will be available soon for all you mac users. As a windows/linux user myself, just knowing that people are playing the game when I can't will be agonizing, not to mention reading about people playing it here on the boards.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

This is pure torture knowing that A4 will be available soon for all you mac users. As a windows/linux user myself, just knowing that people are playing the game when I can't will be agonizing, not to mention reading about people playing it here on the boards.
You are a linux user? For a long time now, i want to know how Linux works, and these books only give me the empression that Linux is a twin of Windows. Could you explain me what it really is?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #19
As long as you attempt to define Linux in terms of Windows, you cannot understand it. :P

Google will tell you:

quote:

Linux is: Linux is a free open-source operating system based on Unix. Linux was originally created by Linus Torvalds with the assistance of developers from around the globe.

Unix is: An operating system co-created by AT&T researchers Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson. Unix is well known for its relative hardware independence and portable application interfaces. Lots of big companies are using Unix servers for its reliability and scalability. Some of the popular Unix flavours are: Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, etc.

An Operating System is: The software that the rest of the software depends on to make the computer functional. On most PCs this is Windows or the Macintosh OS. Unix and Linux are other operating systems often found in scientific and technical environments.
There are many key differences between Linux and other Operating Systems, but one of the most important ones (besides it being free and developed by volunteers) is that it is based on a command line system. There is very little you can do in the graphical interface of Linux that you could not do in the command line mode.

[ Friday, December 09, 2005 05:16: Message edited by: An array cat ]

--------------------
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #20
Mac OSX is pretty much what Linux might be one day. A finely tuned highly polished user friendly *NIX based OS.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #21
Linux is completely different from windows. The only similarity is the hardware. Linux runs on PCs as well. The entire operating system is unique. The best part of linux is that it's free, so if you want to try it, it's not hard to do. The important thing to remember about linux is that you have to do everything yourself. It's designed for people who like programming and a command-line interface, soit's not for the faint of heart. However, you can grab a self-help book like Linux for Dummies or something similar, and learn how to use t quite easily. That's what I did. Now, I use linux for everything but gaming, which is why I have a dual-boot linux/windows machine.

[ Sunday, December 11, 2005 11:10: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #22
Linus sounds indeed quite diffgerent then what I thought it would be, its just that on the pictures in the books it looks so much like Windows. So its completely different and free? The only problem is that I would have to get new hardware or not? I suppose my windows woulnd't be able to also have Linux on it.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #23
Linux is famous for having versions for almost any hardware, including Intel, PowerPC, palmtop computers, and even toasters. (Okay, maybe not toasters.) You won't need to buy a new computer to run Linux.

There's nothing preventing you from having Windows and Linux on the same computer at the same time, either. It does take a fair bit of technical knowledge, though. (Knowledge which I don't have, so don't ask for my help on how exactly to do it. :P )

[ Saturday, December 10, 2005 00:43: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by Delicious Vlish:

Mac OSX is pretty much what Linux might be one day. A finely tuned highly polished user friendly *NIX based OS.
Linux is what Max OSX will never be: Free.

Plus, the penguin is cuter.

--------------------

Pages