Weapon Wisdom

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Weapon Wisdom
Apprentice
Member # 6888
Profile #0
I looked at two FAQs but couldn't find anything - mebbe there's nothing to find. The question is this:

Are there weapon effects that aren't listed in the text box?

I'm thinking of the Blessed Shortsword I just got. It's nice and all, but my steel broadsword is doing similar damage (per the text) even though it's only worth about half as much.

Also, I read a comment somewhere that halberds do x4 damage? Is that right? What are the multiples for other weapons?

~Aldin
Apprentice
Member # 2936
Profile #1
Slartucker's item list covers what items are and their statistics.

(On the other hand, I don't know what the abbreviations mean, or their impact.)

[ Tuesday, March 21, 2006 06:53: Message edited by: marphod ]
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by marphod:

Slartucker's item list covers what items are and their statistics.

(On the other hand, I don't know what the abbreviations mean, or their impact.)

Fixed your link.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #3
The base damage of a blessed shortsword is 10-20, and shortswords do 1-2 damage per level of net skill you possess. Your net skill level equals your strength, melee weapons skill, and blademaster, give or take a bit for some other game mechanics.

The steel broadsword does 9-27 damage as a base, and 1-3 damage per net skill level.

For a skilled fighter, the steel broadsword will always do more damage. For an unskilled fighter, the blessed shortsword will do more damage.

You can determine the damage multiplier by taking the max damage and dividing it by the minimum damage, e.g.:
Blessed shortsword (10-20): 20/10 = 2
Steel broadsword (9-27): 27/9 = 3
Iron halberd (8-32): 32/8 = 4

So, the damage output is largest for halberd (1-4 per skill level).

The cost per item seems to be based more on base damage level than anything else. Who knows why, but that's how it is. I guess since your weapon is going to be sold to some peasant, the maximum value is given to unskilled, high-damaging weapons?

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #4
Odd thing is, that except for one particular bow, razordisks do more per damage level than any other weapon.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Apprentice
Member # 102
Profile #5
I actually have a question about the Demon Slayer. How does Demonbane work? I did about 30-60 per hit against demons, and about 100 per hit against the darkside loyalists with that sword. I got comparable damage with the flaming sword against these targets. I thought I'd do double damage against demons, but that doesn't appear to be the case. What's going on?
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #6
Demonslayer gets special bonus damage against demons and demonic creatures. I haven't used it much, but I would guess this is a simple addition to damage, and not an extra damage multiplier. Against non-demons, it is almost the same as the Flaming Sword -- it does 1-3 more damage, but is 5% less likely to hit.

I haven't actually used it much, but it's surprising that it wouldn't do bonus damage against demons. You sure about that?

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #7
A stick did more damge to the haaki outside Rentar's fort than Demonslayer.

But then again, it was supposed to.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Apprentice
Member # 6216
Profile #8
Yo slartucker!
That's a helpful list, but hard to read because of a line height problem in your table. It's a Mac vs PC thing, I think although it displays fine in Firefox (darn that Explorer!)

Try changing TR HEIGHT=13 to TR HEIGHT=16 or some value around there. PC fonts display larger than Macs.

If that ain't it, there are other ways of fixing this - if you like I can give you a hand with the HTML. (unless you don't care for us poor, neglected PC folks... :P

[ Tuesday, March 21, 2006 07:10: Message edited by: Shine123 ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #9
The A4 version of Demonslayer seems to be less powerful against demons than earlier versions. On the plus side it gives you armor and other resistances. Best of all it is now one-handed instead of two-handed like in previous games. I couldn't believe that when I first clicked on the description.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #10
Yes, the stick is the most powerful melee weapon in A4! Shameful.

I guess the bonus damage from Demonslayer is on the small end. That's a pity, especially given the emphasis it's gotten once again.

Did anyone else wish they could have Minddueled Rentar, as in E2?

Shine --
I'm glad the list is helpful! I put it together for my own edification in Excel. I realized it might be useful to others, but didn't really want to take the time to convert it to html tables, so I just did a quick Save as HTML from Excel. I found it somewhat shameful, advocate of simple HTML that I am, but it was fast and painless.

Anyway, if you want to edit the HTML, I'll gladly replace it with your corrected version, but A4 items are thankfully not center stage in my life right now :)

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #11
Originally by Slartucker:

quote:
Anyway, if you want to edit the HTML, I'll gladly replace it with your corrected version, but A4 items are thankfully not center stage in my life right now.
That's right. You have comics to create. :P

Dikiyoba.