a map

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: a map
Cartographer
Member # 995
Profile #0
This is what happens when you paste together all the automaps on the "ground level" and then shrink 50% (axial shrinkage, that is - it's 25% of the original area) http://www.silverchat.com/Avernum/avernum_4_map.jpg
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Ooh, neat.

I mean, I'm not sure I personally have any particular use for it, but it's still pretty damn cool.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #2
Shiny...

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #3
Now I truly see the value of town/outdoor separation. According to this map, the distance between the major cities Dharmon and Blosk is about half the width of Blosk.

--------------------
Are we there yet?
- Common adventurer complaint prior to A4.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
It's good to see more maps from Silver, although A4 doesn't exactly require detailed annotation for secrets.

—Alorael, who was most bothered by the proximity of Fort Avernum, Silvar, and Cotra. The last two are practically on top of each other now that Silvar is a town and then another town to the west.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #5
Wow...

(applause)

It's good to see that the title still rings true.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Warrior
Member # 716
Profile #6
You can not have too many maps! Thank you! :D
Warrior
Member # 6846
Profile #7
It gives the best idea of how huge Avernum really is compared to my tiny little scenario. :rolleyes:
Well done.

--------------------
"Build a man a fire, and he´ll be warm for a day; set a man on fire, and he´ll be warm for the rest of his life."
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #8
Nicer than the sections in the hint book.

It gives a better perspective about how claustrophobic the world has gotten.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #9
The castle is so large. Only 7 castle lengths across the Eastern gallery. No wonder Avernum has monster problems. Spending priorities?

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #10
I like! Now all the underground and above ground levels are all that we need. Everything must be mapped. Perhaps not so much out of need, but because it's standard. Not that it wouldn't be useful, of course.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Apprentice
Member # 6924
Profile Homepage #11
Yeah I must agree, while the merging of indoors and outdoors was an interesting experiment, and I guess it's quite fun to play something different once in a while, I have gone back firmly to the indoor/outdoor split. Just feels so much more... epic :)
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #12
I actually like the fusion of the indoors/outdoors. It adds to the realism and works very well with the idea of caves, where everything is going to be very close together due to space limitations.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------