Demo

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Demo
Apprentice
Member # 6221
Profile #0
I have finished the demo,or so I am thinking,2 things I can't kill.1st is the black cold shade in Formello.....Wow! 1492 hp,is that crazzzy or what?Is there a way to kill this 12 ft. red eyed trouble maker?And Hrickis,he is a PITA,I can't kill him...am I missing something?I have a question,my 4 adventurers are fairly strong,8th thru the 10 level,doing so in the demo.Will I be able to keep said players when I register and get the full version?Or do I have to start over?

--------------------
GO DALLAS STARS
'90 Red
'92 SHO-SHO
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #1
You can keep your characters.

The shade can not be killed in the demo.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #2
Hrickis is not too difficult, just keep trying different strategies until you get him.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
The main problem with Hrickis is that at the level you're at when you run into him, it's basically impossible to have decent HP yet, so some of his attacks can wipe out your entire party. If you don't feel like fighting him repeatedly until you get lucky, consider holding off on him and coming back once you've learned Augmentation (which unfortunately isn't available in the demo).

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
There are three Augmentation potions available in the Demo. Two can be purchased just south of Hrickris and one is hidden in a dungeon. Even with these your character is probably going to be fried if you do too much damage to Hrickris in one attack. He loves to Lightning Spray people. Slow damage like Acid Spray will usually only trigger a lesser attack and/or summoning creatures. It can be a tough battle if you are not careful and have one spellcaster hold back to Unshackle Mind your terrified party (watch the range since it won't work if you are too far from the terrified member).
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #5
I stole a good Geneforge idea, hasting my mage and casting Minor Summoning over and over, which kept Hrickis attacking the Giant Rats while my fighters and archer killed him.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #6
Going solo on torment without spells, (really hard btw, I don't suggest anybody try it,) I used a shielding potion, an augmentation potion, a haste potion and a gremlin wine before the battle. First I used a scroll of charm on Hrickis (for a wonder it worked) and my only invulnerability potion (which made me invulnurable to terror for a couple of rounds), took out the pylon first (by that time, the invulnerability had worn off), drank a curing potion and started whacking away at Hrickis, downing haste and healing potions when necessary. Just ignore his summons until after he's dead.

Lots of useful equipment down the drain all for some coins and a shield of warmth which I can't use anyway (I'm using spears). Oh well. I'm at Motrax Caves and have no idea how I'm going to beat the whatever his name vahnatai.

Surprisingly, the testing bones was easier than Hrickis, just pump my endurance from 2 to 4 and down an augmentation potion and some healing potions and sit it out.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #7
It was easy to kill Hrickis. The key is to use acid spray on the pilons so they get wiped out quickly. That way he cannot regenerate. Engage one character hasted blessed, defended. Keep healing him after every attack. Once pilons are down swarm him. Knock out one pilon at a time. If you take out the top pilon the other ones can be attacked from a distance without poisoning your characters. I even managed to figure out how to do the test of defense which was not easy.

[ Sunday, March 12, 2006 15:44: Message edited by: I'll Steal Your Toast ]

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #8
Armor potions help a bit with Hrickis. And there is only one terror pylon to worry about with him.

The easy way, and the best way to do it on torment, is to sit around the other side of the wall, and never actually see him. Just keep summoning shades and cave slimes, beasties, etc, and they are bound to head around the corner for a peek, and when they do, they attack. I have killed him with out actually ever seeing him.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #9
Even as a singleton on Torment, Hrickris can be nailed by hasting yourself and then popping around the corner to acid spray him and on another turn the pylon. Make sure you stay hasted since he will cast slow. That way he can't use attack spells on you. You will have to fight off summoned monsters from both directions. My only mistake one time was staying after Hrickris died and getting nailed by one of his summoned monsters. They will disappear in a few rounds.

Kravvit-Bok in Motrax's cave should fall to just bow damage if you stay along the east wall to destroy the pylons first. You need a high dodge (dexterity and defense) to avoid his missle attacks. He will summon monsters, so that will slow you down.

The Black shade has such high health so you can't kill it without fulfilling all the quests from the Castle to get what you need to destroy the regenerative mist. I think a well prepared party of four in the later part of the game might be able to do 1000 points of damage in a round with spells and wands.

[ Sunday, March 12, 2006 20:35: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Apprentice
Member # 5517
Profile #10
If Hiricks is the Vahnati, I slaughtered him. I just cast all the basic boosting spells, summoned a ton of creatures, and rushed him. Killed all 4 of his healing things(danm that poision hurt) then taken him out with my Slith soldier
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Glafna:

If Hiricks is the Vahnati, I slaughtered him. I just cast all the basic boosting spells, summoned a ton of creatures, and rushed him. Killed all 4 of his healing things(danm that poision hurt) then taken him out with my Slith soldier
Hrickis is not the vahnatai. Hrickis is a crazed necromancer up to the northeast of Formello, with a rather small lair and a pair of pylons guarding him.

Kravvit-Bok is the vahnatai, if I recall correctly. He has taken over a substantial part of Motrax's caves, and has four pylons guarding him.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Apprentice
Member # 5517
Profile #12
I didn't beat him then. It's freaken hard with undead coming at me from behind, and him and his demon blowing me apart from the front
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #13
No, now you seem to be talking about Nociduas, the necromancer who spends several rounds summoning a demon before attacking.

—Alorael, who has never had so much trouble with Hrickis. With a weaker party he can require a few reloads and some luck, but he never demands very unusual tactics.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #14
With Nodicuas, kill all his undead and heal up completely before approaching his room. Even with Hrickis he summons undead from behind the party but if you leave one hasted spellcaster in the hall you can deal with them and/or heal party members.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #15
I have found that hasting yourself, then casting slow at least once per combat turn will keep an enemy mage casting haste on himself as opposed to attacking you.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris