buying skills

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: buying skills
Warrior
Member # 6801
Profile #0
What are the skills I can buy? And where? especially if it's at an afordable price. I'am shy about spending my precious skill points if I can get skill increases for cash.

[ Friday, March 10, 2006 10:14: Message edited by: JP ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Fear not! You can stand on the shoulders of giant Slarties!

—Alorael, who spent an inordinate amount of time tracking down that thread.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
Be sure to buy first aid and nature lore before getting the reward for Fort Dranlon quests for finding Tella and the route to the spires across the river. Otherwise you can't buy one extra training if you haven't already trained all your characters to level 2.
Warrior
Member # 6801
Profile #3
I can't get trained in Quick Strike by the guy in Cotra. My character has it at 0, satisfies the condition of STR and DXT and it's available on my training screen (whith a + if I wish to spend skill points). Do I need to do some quest before?
Apprentice
Member # 6938
Profile #4
Cecil in Cotra does not train Quick Strike. Is this the problem?
Or do you mean Captain Call in Silvar will not train you? He will not train you in Quick Strike, Parry, or Blademaster until the shade is dead.
Warrior
Member # 6801
Profile #5
OK that's it, I have to kill the shade to gain training in those skills, thank you.

By the way I think this way of restricting training is frustrating for players. It would have been better to allow only one point per skill to be bought from each trainer, whatever the level a character has got in the skill.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
There are some places where you purchase skills like that, but they're not all like that. I don't mind having to plan characters around early handicaps for later bonuses. As has been pointed out many times, A4 isn't so hard that you can't just ignore skill purchases and do fine.

—Alorael, who lives without any First Aid whatsoever until he can buy it.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
With money so tight in the early part of the game, it forces you to make decisions about what you really want. I'm trying to run a party of four where all I spend money on is spells, training for skills, wisdom crystals, knowledge brews, and ingredients like graymold to fulfill quests. Even with spells I'm trying not to buy more than I need, i.e. only one level of augmentation.
Warrior
Member # 6632
Profile #8
To really save money, you dont need to buy augmentation at all. Could be a bummer to wait until the spellbook in eastern gallery though.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #9
It seems kind of wasteful to spend money buying arcane lore and nature lore, as the first 2 points only cost 1 skillpoint.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #10
If you are running a singleton, then buying skills helps save skill points. For a normal game you need the cash for high skill point skills and spells.
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #11
You can be trained in Silvar even if the shade is not yet dead, it merely has to be absent (it also spends time in Formello). If you portal around it seems to cause the shade to move (random event gets reset?)

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #12
No, though he will train you will only be some, not all, of the things he can teach until the shade is dead.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s