walkthrough

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: walkthrough
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #25
If you want to read what happens, A4 lets you read it all in the scripts. You don't even need to register!

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 6503
Profile #26
quote:
Originally written by *i:

If you want to read what happens, A4 lets you read it all in the scripts. You don't even need to register!
True, but it's unedited. No spoiler markings, haha.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #27
quote:
Originally written by arghhhhhhhhh:

you don't have to torment us noobs

you were a noob once syngery and spiring
how will we rise to your level it you keep beating us down?

Oh, man, you just can't TRY to write this stuff! I like the "Syngery" and "Spiring" touch in this one especially.

argh^9 (may I just call you argh?)—Trust me, you haven't seen me trying to beat you down, and you'd know if I was. (Look for my review of Canopy back in Sept., when I was a noob, for an example of Synergy Truly UNamused).

Teasing, well now that's another matter, but I could swear you're doing all you can to make us unable to resist the temptation. Silly posts invite silly replies, and asking a community to generate a complete walkthrough for someone who is not even going to play the game is really quite silly, or just plain maniacally ego-centric and demanding. I decided to go with "silly" and respond accordingly, though if you reacquaint yourself with my first reply to your, um, request, you will see I gave you an entirely untormentifying answer.

I recommend acquiring some better armor, so you are less easily wounded. Talk with Ariadne in Fort Dranlon. She'll send you on a wild quest to get some. It's a great story too. You could read all about it of course, if you got the game for yourself. It' s not too late to try to impress Santa with how nice you've been, making you truly Avernum-worthy this year. (Though I forsee that some may reply with the insistence that it is being naughty that makes you Avernum-worthy this year).

[ Sunday, December 18, 2005 18:14: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #28
to all the teasings i have acquired
now the reason the misspelling is I DON'T CARE
for, i am young and i am typing and as long as this is legible does it matter
now unless you are strongbad or something(put in on yahoo it's hillarious) you don't have to make fun of the grammer
though it's true i like getting teased, i don't like it when it's that much!!!!!
espesicially (sorry for the possible teasing for misspelling)
what are you talking about syngery, i thought you were talking about the metaphorical armor for shielding for teasing not fictional armor....perhaps
again i say that i want a walkthrough becuase i want to know what happens and i can't register becuase i don't have money!
and why would someone write a walkthrough if someone didn't ask!? hmm?
lastly, hawkking i'm annoying?..
(oh by the way hawkking look at the last post of editor available
anyway, back on topic otherwise the blademasters(shh they are everywhere) will ban us!!!
good bye!!!
(not really)

--------------------
join me!
we shall harness the power of geckos, bunnys, and fluffy pink stuffed animals and rule the world!!!
Posts: 193 | Registered: Wednesday, December 14 2005 08:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #29
quote:

what are you talking about syngery, i thought you were talking about the metaphorical armor for shielding for teasing not fictional armor....
Well, see, I did this silly thing where I linked your need for metaphorical armor against teasing with a way you can find some really good armor in the story of Avernum 4 you wish we would write for you. Isn't that hilarious?

P.S. - I'd still work on the Santa angle, if I were you.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #30
quote:

why would someone write a walkthrough if someone didn't ask!? hmm?
Out of sheer kindness and/or love of the game. It has been done before.

quote:
(oh by the way hawkking look at the last post of editor available

You know, the way you want to do everything without just buying the game is getting a bit annoying... I mean seriously, the good items are hard to get for a reason.

quote:
anyway, back on topic otherwise the blademasters(shh they are everywhere) will ban us!!!

This is unlikely. Unless you are terminally abrasive (as TM has been in the past), ungodly annoying (such as the advertisers), or intent on posting lewd images (I can't remember any examples), you won't get banned.

But on the subject of the walkthrough, I seriously look forward to the day you buy the game, play it through, and write a wonderful walkthrough for us all... a walkthrough based on personal and lengthy experience, and painstakingly crafted to depict the game as best as humanly possible. But until that day, if nobody feels like writing a walkthrough, please do not expect us to make one materialize out of thin air less than two weeks after the game is released.

Alright?

[ Sunday, December 18, 2005 19:04: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1546
Profile Homepage #31
Well, he made reference to the hilarity that is strongbad, so whatever beratings he gets are well deserved.

I never knew idiocy was an excuse for being an idiot.

--------------------
A Sucaran Child is standing here.
You say, "hello"
The small child looks at Preserver Aldous wide-eyed and awed.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #32
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

quote:

This is unlikely. Unless you are terminally abrasive (as TM has been in the past), ungodly annoying (such as the advertisers), or intent on posting lewd images (I can't remember any examples), you won't get banned.

Blademasters can't ban anyone anyway, being as they're mods and banning requires an admin.

Also, with regard to your third point, how could you have forgotten EraserHead so soon?

[ Sunday, December 18, 2005 20:20: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #33
Oh yeah... I kinda remember.

I never actually witnessed EraserHead's wondrous contributions to our little community, I merely saw the aftermath. I think I was away from computers when the actual posts were up.

--------------------

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #34
quote:

now the reason the misspelling is I DON'T CARE
for, i am young and i am typing and as long as this is legible does it matter

Generally, observing a reasonable standard of writing mechanics is considered good manners around here, because "im n teh Plais wt da dogz nd i nede hlep" is hard to decipher. If you don't care that your posts are difficult to read for us, then surely you will understand if we don't bother to read them.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #35
well i don't mean it like that kelandon i just mean for example i just mean for exammple k?
like that putting a extra M in the word example thats legible
besides i had no idea what you said with the plz dg u brn no idea at all dude
anyway, ehposes(or whatever the heck your name is) when i buy the game(which will be before 2006 i promise) i will write a walkthrough for you dude k?

--------------------
join me!
we shall harness the power of geckos, bunnys, and fluffy pink stuffed animals and rule the world!!!
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #36
i never knew idiocy was an excuse for being an idiot
quote:

hey now.........(hollow threat)

--------------------
join me!
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #37
Of course, making a walkthrough requires that you actually play the game, have skill, concepts of strategy, and the ability to write in such a fashion that people would be willing to read it.

So far, you have shown none of these qualities.

I would venture a guess that your walkthrough will be little more than plagiarised information taken from these boards from the players that do the real work with no credit to them, and none of the assistance of a spell checker to boot.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #38
arghhhhhhhhh has aptly chosen a name for himself, has he not? That's the initial response he keeps evoking from me, anyway.

EDIT: Hey Ephestuffs, or whatever your name is (I can't be bothered to scroll up to check), how is Mertis going with four magicians?

[ Monday, December 19, 2005 18:16: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6503
Profile #39
Don't you guys love it when people who can't spell and have bad grammar say it's because..."they don't care?" Or maybe it's just because they're morons. But I'm going to back off a little.

ARRRRRRRGH, or whatever the hell your user name is..play the game, and shut the hell up.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #40
A little politeness goes a long way, everyone. Please cool off and be nice. If you're posting just to complain about someone, you can probably just close the window instead of clicking "Add Reply." And now I'm going to tread dangerously close to stepping over the line I've just drawn.

Argh, a little effort on your posts would be appreciated. In addition to stopping many of the complaints, it would also genuinely make them easier to read, which in turn would make readers more likely to pay attention and be helpful.

—Alorael, who has to admit that he is always particularly pained by walkthroughs that fail to adhere to the most basic principles of English like capitalization. It is a basic service to those who may read your work to make it legible. Honestly, how hard can it be to hold down the shift key now and then.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6748
Profile #41
Aside from all $#!+ related to noobs and walkthroughs, I'm having a particular problem with the Radiant Pylons in the tunnels east of Fort Saffron - Whenever I try to kill one, it "stops attacking and begins to reform itself" no matter what I do even though my mage blasts it for at least 70 damage each turn with Lightning Spray. How can I destroy these pylons? I've managed to kill all the bandits, including Khester, but can't handle even a single pylon. I haven't, however, gone past the zombified adventurers to sneak into R-I's fort, so if this is the problem (Corrolea's advice to search for a magical device there that may be of use against the shades seems to suggest this) please tell me.

Thanks...
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #42
As you've probably noticed, you can sneak past and around most of the pylons. In the southeast part of the base there's a stretch where you'll just have to tough out a few pylons before reaching the controls or energy crystal or something. Once you break it you can kill pylons without them regenerating.

—Alorael, who had lots of fun with that fort. The real trick is preventing the bandits left between you and the controls from blocking the way. Haste and run with the fighters who can survive being zapped, but leave healers somewhere safe so they can keep healing.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #43
Augmentation is your friend in this particular area, as is Enduring Shield/Armor. Also, the bandits are relatively easy to Daze, so they're no problem.

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 6748
Profile #44
cool... haven't gone back to deal with those, but have managed now to "defeat" R-I the first time and to get through to the Abyss.
Frustrating that the key to getting them to stop reforming is somewhere protected by so many pylons... and the only place in the fort I never went! :P
Ah well... now I have Arcane Blow on a wiz with 17 Mage Spells, 13 Spellcraft, and 7 Intelligence, which, all in all, means I can smash a circular group of enemies for over 150dmg each. :) Too bad the spell is so costly... I actually ran out while fighting the leader of the Spire Fort gang.
Thanks for the help!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #45
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

"im n teh Plais wt da dogz nd i nede hlep"
Yeah, that fight with the mutant dogs IS tough! The way I dealt with it was to haste my fighters, run across the gallery towards the chest, whilst using my priest to heal any damage done. Then, as my fighter reached the chest, I prised out the stick (1-4 *5/level damage -- a good weapon...) and threw it.

Any dogs that are not already lying in their own juices should chase it, leaving you free to snatch the Almighty Dragon-Slaying Spanner at your own pace.

I really can't wait for this thing to come out.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Warrior
Member # 1177
Profile #46
I wanted to revive this topic a little bit. Did someone Macintosh users wrote already a walktrhough?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #47
Not yet.

—Alorael, who considers these boards a walkthrough on request. Besides, A4 lacks all of the real puzzles that made other Avernums difficult. It's just a matter of hacking and slashing, finding the lever in a certain keep, learning how to dodge pylons, and not worrying too much about the Abyss before you can get there.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #48
Don't forget the "Is this a bug? Did I do something wrong? How can I fix it?" questions.

Dikiyoba liked the long debates on strategy when A4 first came out. That's what Dikiyoba reads the walkthroughs for: to find out how others play the game.
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #49
One is on the way. It's BIG, though.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00

Pages