walkthrough

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: walkthrough
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #0
hi
could someoe please write a walkthrough

--------------------
join me!
we shall harness the power of geckos, bunnys, and fluffy pink stuffed animals and rule the world!!!
Posts: 193 | Registered: Wednesday, December 14 2005 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #1
It's only been out for a couple of days, and you are already asking for a walkthrough?

Good lord, you must suck. Either that or you are too impaitient. Wait.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #2
Or, you could write the walkthrough and be the hero for everyone.

*this message sponsored by cnet networks*

--------------------
WWtNSD?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
You know, I thought about writing a walkthrough for A4. I even started taking notes. Then I realized that, as neat as it would be to have something I wrote in a forum header, I'm just too lazy to do a good job.

If you're really desperate for a walkthrough, buy the hintbook. If you're less desperate for a walkthrough, ask specific questions.

—Alorael, who didn't find any of A4 as painfully confusing as, say, the Halls of Chaos, the Remote Cave (Black Halberd), or the Test of Mind. Most of it is straightforward. Move, kill, loot, repeat. Dodge some pylons on the way.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
This is just like the whole cheats thread... you shouldn't need a walkthrough, otherwise it makes the victory a hollow one. Specific stuff is okay to ask, but honestly... a little trial and error never killed anyone.

Wait, I just thought about that last part...

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #5
quote:

It's only been out for a couple of days, and you are already asking for a walkthrough?

Good lord, you must suck. Either that or you are too impaitient. Wait.
HEM HEM i am asking for a walkthrough becuase i DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY TO BUY ITT WITH and i'd care to know what happens
take that spring!!
please apologize

--------------------
join me!
we shall harness the power of geckos, bunnys, and fluffy pink stuffed animals and rule the world!!!
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #6
though i am saving up

--------------------
join me!
Shock Trooper
Member # 1546
Profile Homepage #7
:confused:

--------------------
A Sucaran Child is standing here.
You say, "hello"
The small child looks at Preserver Aldous wide-eyed and awed.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #8
You know, A4 doesn't really seem to be begging for a walkthrough like previous games to my thinking. The biggest reason for this is that with no more hidden secrets, the challenge of the game is not on unknowns so much as on finding ways to deal with what is known.

I found all the quests straightforward enough to solve on my own, the only exception being a quest in which I had missed a body on which was some key information enabling a quest. If you look in things and check out things wherever you go, it should be straightforward.

This from a guy who does not hesistate to consult online game FAQs when his patience wears thin on illogically-constructed puzzles and challenges. I don't enjoy wracking my brain just because it can be done.

Someone will write a walkthrough sooner or later. I could nearly write one from memory at this point.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #9
Dodge pylons, Alo? I thought you were supposed to touch the pylons.

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
Oh, no. There are some pylons you will definitely want to dodge. Don't worry, it will be abundantly clear which is which.

—Alorael, who did spent quite some time touching pylons too, and he didn't require a walkthrough for that either. He was even smart enough to touch them before he was told to, which saved him some boring backtracking.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #11
I just killed those pylons. I can't recall dodging any ever.

And arghhhhhhhhh: if you have something you want to add to a post, use the "edit" button rather than double-posting.

I concur that this game doesn't really need a walkthrough. That said, I'm tempted to write one. It's possible that I may devote some time to it over winter break, but I make no guarantees.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #12
If you killed all the pylons in the place where you get the Jade Halberd without dodging them even once, you're an inefficient masochist.

If you killed all the many, many pylons in a certain very important area in which Jeff specifically made dodging pylons easier, then you don't need any help at all surviving on Torment because your party is clearly able to dodge bullets and death rays.

—Alorael, who is very proud of his spoiler-free circumlocutions.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by arghhhhhhhhh:

Hem hem: I am asking for a walktrough because I don't have any money to buy it with and I'd care to know what happens!
Take that Spring!
Please apologise

I'm not meaning to start a fight. But, I don't back down from what I said. Wait for someone to make one, try and do it yourself, ask specific questions, or make one yourself.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #14
Don't worry, Jeff will shortly be releasing his second book, "Avernum Four: The Novel" in a first printing of one copy, so be sure to order yours early.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #15
It's best not to tease the noobs, Synergy. They tend to bite. :ouch:

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6548
Profile #16
maybe a bit off-topic, but i thought a "walkthrough" topic was the best to ask that ;) :
approximatively how many extra skill points can we hope to gain by knowledge brews/crystals by the end of the game?

edit: and while we're at it, what would be a good number of arcane lore/ nature lore ?

[ Friday, December 16, 2005 02:34: Message edited by: Minsc ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by Chrism:

If you killed all the pylons in the place where you get the Jade Halberd without dodging them even once, you're an inefficient masochist.
I'm pretty sure I did, and I probably am.

quote:
If you killed all the many, many pylons in a certain very important area in which Jeff specifically made dodging pylons easier, then you don't need any help at all surviving on Torment because your party is clearly able to dodge bullets and death rays.
You mean west of Fort Remote? (I presume that the location alone is not a spoiler.) If so, yes, I killed all of them. If you take them one at a time, it's not very hard.

quote:
Originally written by Minsc:

approximatively how many extra skill points can we hope to gain by knowledge brews/crystals by the end of the game?
I gained about 30, but I never used any potion ingredients on anything else.

quote:
edit: and while we're at it, what would be a good number of arcane lore/ nature lore ?
20 will do for Nature Lore, but you don't actually need more than about 15 or 16 until the very end of the game, and you only need it if you want to grab valuable but unnecessary items out of the ground. I think 18 will do for Arcane Lore.

[ Friday, December 16, 2005 06:08: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6503
Profile #18
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

Please, please, no. Did you see his first post? "soemeone plz writ a walkthrouhg?"

Can you imagine the quality of that? ;)
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #19
in the case of noobs
the bite is worse then the bark (and thats saying something
small ppun
and you don't have to torment us noobs

you were a noob once syngery and spiring
how will we rise to your level it you keep beating us down?

--------------------
join me!
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #20
True, but at least Synergy and Spring wrote in complete sentences when they were new. ;)

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #21
quote:
Originally written by MidniteNightingale:

quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

Please, please, no. Did you see his first post? "soemeone plz writ a walkthrouhg?"

Can you imagine the quality of that? ;)

Ahem you are infact incorrect his post did not say "soemeone plz writ a walkthrouhg?" he in fact said "hi could someoe please write a walkthrough" I know that its not much different and his Grammar is bad and his typing and so but we sorta grow outta it. And he does seem annoying but... so am i and when i first joined my Grammar was worse than his.. It improved a little so err I don't know.

PS: Is it just on mine or is everyone able once that the get the whispering crystal or whatever the name of it was, are you also able to waltz right into the icy blackness? I am and i cant see anything when i do but if i wander long enough i was able to reach a new town, with job board and everything! I consider this cheating Jeff out of his money so i ignore it as Im planning to buy the game within a week but still come on jeff that makes it all to easy for some punk to steel the game.

EDIT: 444 post's thats a cool number :D

[ Saturday, December 17, 2005 22:00: Message edited by: Hawk King ]
Apprentice
Member # 5604
Profile #22
quote:
Originally written by arghhhhhhhhh:

HEM HEM i am asking for a walkthrough becuase i DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY TO BUY ITT WITH and i'd care to know what happens
take that spring!!
please apologize[/QB]
:confused: Let me get this straight. You want a walkthrough because you want to read the what happens, meaning that you want to read the plot like a story with tactics your not going to nead mixed in. Huh? That makes no sense. Avernum 4 is not a book. It is a game. A game with a good plot, I'll give you that, but still is a game.

Actually now I think about it it does have a few novelish qualities. It is a sequel in a series. It is created by an author who has created another series. It has written text. The plot is just like a good-written book, full of suspense with new dillemas when you move to another screen. (Supposed to mean turning a page) You have charcters that develop during the game, learn new skills and become more heroic or eviler.

So in all...
Does anyone know the release date for Avernum 4: The Novel is? :P
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #23
Actually, I can sort of understand that desire. I've read several walkthroughs for games I've never played and never intend to play, just so I can know how the plot goes. Sometimes it's useful to know these things.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 6503
Profile #24
quote:
Originally written by *i:

True, but at least Synergy and Spring wrote in complete sentences when they were new. ;)
Haha, I concur. I'm new, by the way. <_<

Pages