undead by mertis

Error message

• Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: undead by mertis
Apprentice
Member # 3371
Profile #0
well, i'm having some trouble taking them out. i went into the honeycomb and found that guy who blessed my party... one problem the blessing only kicks in about 2 rounds into combat against the couldren(sp) undead why is that? also what do I do for that quest?
thanks

--------------------
Row!!!
Apprentice
Member # 5665
Profile Homepage #1
Yeah, the lag on the blessing is a bit irritating. My suggestion is to enter fight mode as far from each one as possible (which is pretty much how the fight system works now anyway :rolleyes: ) stay put and hit em with a few missles or a spell while they come to you. That usually breaks their protection by the time they are within melee range.

As for the quest, just fight your way through the spiral to the lower level and kill the shade thing in the center. If you talked to the mayors wife (does an undead spouse count you as widowed?) you can complete her quest while your down there.

--------------------
Signature v2.0
Now with more Retzin!
Apprentice
Member # 3371
Profile #2
sweet, i'll run back to town real fast then
thanks

--------------------
Row!!!
Shock Trooper
Member # 125
Profile #3
Dude, that guy gives you something which breaks their protection? I never knew that, since I cleared that place before I even touched the Honeycomb. I just hit them with acid spray, since they don't resist that and you can do 35 damage per round or so. The basic plan is to acid, slow, and tough it out, though that can get sort of boring. Well, it worked in the end, but I guess I should have listened to Elder Arron...

--------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
Ah... I remember back in the good ol' days of the early betas. Those undead were affected by (of all things) Repel Spirit. Acid Spray wasn't ever needed... but then Jeff fixed it. Oh well.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
I'm pretty sure Bolt of Fire didn't work, but I'm also pretty sure a few other spells did. I got the disruption ability, but I rarely used it when frying was so much more effective.

—Alorael, who also got distracted and cleared most of the Great Cave before heading back to the Spiral Crypt. That helped.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #6
I ran down to the Tower Colony and solved their problems before I got back to the Mertis Spiral, but that's because I ran out of Piercing Crystals.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Apprentice
Member # 3371
Profile #7
i had already been to fort saphron(sp) befor I did mertis, (lvl 15ish party) so it was easy, i was just annoyed by the fact that my attacks did like 10-11 dmg once i got a strategy it was fine(i.e. shoot undead with arrow then wait for it to come to my chars, by then the blessing had kicked in)

--------------------
Row!!!
Warrior
Member # 4204
Profile #8
As far as I could tell, the blessing only dispelled the undead's shield after they struck one of my characters. Attacking them from afar, though always a good idea, won't actually remove their resistance.

On another note, I also cleared 80% of the cave wusing spray acid and enduring armor before I remembered that help could be obtained in the Honeycomb.

--------------------
What really went on there, we only have this excerpt...
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #9
Actually, as far as I know, the blessing kicks in on the undead's first turn after being hit. So if you time it right, it can kick in immediately, but you have to know what priority your characters get in combat, relative to the undead.

Not sure if the blessing kicking in can be delayed by Slowing them... it would kind of make sense.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #10
The spiral Crypt was the only place in the game I nearly got trapped. Where all the undead are just motionless leading into the final area, well I didn't kill any of them. Then I hit the last ruins and bam, every damn one attacks me. That was the hardest fight for my group.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Warrior
Member # 5701
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by Wotan:

On another note, I also cleared 80% of the cave wusing spray acid and enduring armor before I remembered that help could be obtained in the Honeycomb.

That's exactly what I ended up doing. In fact, I even killed the undead mayor before I managed to get the blessing. Acid Spray is your friend!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by VCH:

The spiral Crypt was the only place in the game I nearly got trapped. Where all the undead are just motionless leading into the final area, well I didn't kill any of them. Then I hit the last ruins and bam, every damn one attacks me. That was the hardest fight for my group.
Heh... I always thought that was a bug, because I really expected them to attack, and they just sat there until I thwacked them. And like a sensible adventurer, I decided that it would be easier to just hack them apart now rather than later. I'm rather glad I did that now... seems that I saved myself a pretty rough fight.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #13
Well I guess it would depend on your level. But yeah for my group it was tough. I think only one party member, my Nephilim priest, survived the fight, barely.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.