I don't find the wheel to open the grate

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: I don't find the wheel to open the grate
Warrior
Member # 6549
Profile #0
I'm always in the Tower of Magi and I don't find the wheel to open the grate.

IMAGE(http://missbug.free.fr/perso212/av4.jpg)
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
There isn't one, I believe. You should be able to find the four pieces of research, however.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 6549
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by *i:

There isn't one, I believe. You should be able to find the four pieces of research, however.
Are the 4 pieces of research corresponded to the 4 challenges ? because I have succeed the forth challenges, the last one was with the golems, but that doesn't change anything. Meanwhile if these 4 pieces are books, as you see on the screenshot I can't reach one of them without open the grate :confused:
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
No, the books have nothing to do with the adventurer's tests you find in the game. (there's 6 of them anyway)

And what *i meant was that there are books like that lying around elsewhere. There's more than four scattered throughout the tower, so you don't have to get the one from behind the gate (which you can't open anyway).

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
The Tower of Magi's librarian gives you a quest to collect research notes, in case you didn't already know.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
They look like books, they are scattered in the tower, and you can get more than four of them.

—Alorael, who got the impression that Ephesos was talking about the quest-appropriate books of research notes.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6549
Profile #6
thank you very much, but I have only 2 books, I have sold 2 others, that's why I need this book behind this grate.And there is one thing that I don't understand when you say that this grate doesn't open, what becomes all the black area which is behind it ? Look at the screenshot (the first one at the beginning of the topic)... Are sure that this black area can't be visited. :confused:
The reward given for these notes by Mariah the librarian is the key to open these 2 doors ?

IMAGE(http://missbug.free.fr/perso212/av2.jpg)

[ Tuesday, January 17, 2006 03:21: Message edited by: Mimi ]
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #7
Is that above X's place? Those doors cannot be opened. If you sold the research, I am afriad your only recourse is to open an earlier save file.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6549
Profile #8
Yes, it's the place near X with 2 doors locked
I don't understand why there are areas which cannot be visited and doors not opened... It means that the game is not finished ? :confused:

[ Tuesday, January 17, 2006 07:35: Message edited by: Mimi ]
Warrior
Member # 6627
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Mimi:

Yes, it's the place near X with 2 doors locked
I don't understand why there are areas which cannot be visited and doors not opened... It means that the game is not finished ? :confused:

I don't know why you would conclude that. Maybe it was put there just to frustrate adventurers!
Warrior
Member # 6549
Profile #10
but this quest with Mariah and the 4 research notes are very important ? I can't continue the game or it doens't matter ?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #11
It's not critical, no.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6549
Profile #12
Ephesos in his message said that there are 6 books (research notes) I have 2, i have sold 2 others, so there are 2 others anywhere, no ?
Sorry if I insist, but I like solve all the quests.

;) ;)
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #13
I only remembering finding five plus the one that can't be reached, but I also didn't pay much attention after meeting my quota.

—Alorael, who wouldn't worry too much about the quest. The reward isn't even especially wonderful.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #14
The most I have ever found is five as well. Ever hear of the term red herring?

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6549
Profile #15
I think it's a big problem with the games Geneforge and Avernum (not in rpg games like NWN, Baldur and so on)
the better could be, 3 solutions :

1) not possible to sell objects needed for quest

2) like Baldur's gate : a well where we can find the objects thrown or sold by error.

3) possibility to buy again, the objects sold by error, at the merchants shops. Even with very high prices.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #16
All the really important quest-related items (and some less important ones) are unsellable. It's only for a few of the minor quests that you can inadvertently sell items that are needed to complete the quest.

[ Wednesday, January 18, 2006 00:10: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #17
Moral of the discussion: Don't sell anything that looks odd or interesting the first time through.

Dikiyoba.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #18
Except for lab equipment. I held on to that for a while, but there doesn't seem to be a quest for it anywhere, and it's worth quite a lot if you sell it.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6627
Profile Homepage #19
Yeah - I just found out I was supposed to keep a fine waveblade and a platinum ring. I hope there are some ahead of me since I sold all the ones I came across so far... (unless someone is selling a waveblade. I think someone does sell a platinum ring)
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #20
Unless you've been west of Fort Remote already, chances are you haven't found a Fine Waveblade yet -- all the ones before that point are regular ones.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5665
Profile Homepage #21
I believe that the assassins you release from the crystal box drop a fine waveblade... which worked out well for me since I got the quest for one right before taking said box upstairs... :D

--------------------
Signature v2.0
Now with more Retzin!
Warrior
Member # 6627
Profile Homepage #22
I was trying to get the oozing sword. There was another fine waveblade near the very end. All of these end-of-game artifacts are very nice, in fact! :)
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by scottk:

I was trying to get the oozing sword. There was another fine waveblade near the very end. All of these end-of-game artifacts are very nice, in fact! :)
That's the problem. Most of the useful and fine artifacts come so late in the game that you don't have any real use for them afterall.
Somewhat disappointing.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #24
I saw the list of items somewhere and there's about four or five found in Rentar's Fortess. They could be the best items in the game (for all I know, they are) and they would be about as useful as pyroroamers. Artifacts at the end only work if they give you an ability to go back and do something that you couldn't have done before.

At least, that is Dikiyoba's opinion.

Pages