Avernum:4 vs Blades Of Avernum which is the best?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Avernum:4 vs Blades Of Avernum which is the best?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #50
Topic drift happens. No sense in being a stuffed shirt about it.

[ Thursday, January 05, 2006 18:49: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #51
Yes, even a meta stuffed shirt :)

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #52
Our tangents have grown tangents.

—Alorael, who disputes any claim that English is uniquely idiosyncratic. All languages (except recently fabricated ones) have their foibled. Yes, some more than others, and English among those, but let he who is without warped syntax cast the first gerund.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #53
At what point does the original topic become a tangent? Does it retain some privileged status, compared to other tangents? If so, for how long?

I say, three posts and you're toast. Bringing up the original topic again is okay if you apologize for it. Otherwise, going off topic is forbidden, unless it succeeds enough to spawn a new topic. He who strikes at a king must strike to kill!

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #54
Just think of the topic as a Doomguard...

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #55
What ever happened to those Doomguards? Haven't seen them so far in A4.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #56
They aren't in A4, although all the scripts necessary for them to exist seem to be written for other monsters.

—Alorael, who wasn't sorry not to see a Doomguard. They're more pain than fun.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #57
There's that slightly annoying slime in a mine by Dharmon which splits each time you kill it till there are, what, 16 of them? That caught me off guard first time I made a horde of them out of one.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #58
There's a worm somewhere that does that too. It's significantly more annoying, since some of the worms can use elemental attacks for relatively large amounts of damage.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #59
Slime and Worms are never as resistant as Doomguards, though.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Warrior
Member # 6632
Profile #60
quote:
—Alorael, who wasn't sorry not to see a Doomguard. They're more pain than fun.
Aaaaah! A doomguard! Lets everyone attack it and throw spells and arrows and summons! Lets see... one doomguard with 150 hp. Silly little summoned lizard does 1 damage. Now - TWO doomguards with 149 hp.

Whack whack forever..... reload, let the slith with a big spear do it alone with some heals.

At least that's what I remembered from exile. Not sure hp worked like that after dividing. How does dividing work in A4?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #61
quote:
Originally written by Mivayan:

Aaaaah! A doomguard! Lets everyone attack it and throw spells and arrows and summons! Lets see... one doomguard with 150 hp. Silly little summoned lizard does 1 damage. Now - TWO doomguards with 149 hp.

At least that's what I remembered from exile. Not sure hp worked like that after dividing.

It did.

quote:
How does dividing work in A4?
Some monsters, when killed, automatically "summon" one or more weaker monsters. Occasionally these weaker monsters themselves create new monsters when killed, and so on.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #62
Originally by Mivayan:

quote:
Cloud of Blades is a really bad idea too. And usually it is so helpful. Die now, Rakshasa!

Doomguards (and such) were okay in tiny spaces. Once they ran out of room, they stop dividing. Then one can wack/shoot/fireball/whatever without having another creature to worry about. After killing one, make sure to attack one with little health the next round.

Dikiyoba hates doomguards too. Unless you had one on your side...

Quest giver: Go slay every bandit in that fortress. They're tough, though.
Adventurer: Okay. I just sent a doomguard. Give me the reward.
Shock Trooper
Member # 156
Profile #63
Please people! The topic of this thread is the english language and how people like me(or should that be "people like I"?) butcher it! You are going horribly OFF-topic with this discussion of Spiderweb Software's games! ;)

Ironic? Maybe. Subtle? No.

[ Monday, January 09, 2006 02:32: Message edited by: SkeleTony ]

--------------------
"I am in a very peculiar business. I travel all over the world telling people what they should already know." - James Randi
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #64
quote:
Originally written by SkeleTony:

(or should that be "people like I"?)
NO! It should NOT be! I HATE it when people try to hypercorrect like this! Don't do that!

Sorry. I just had a fit of grammatically-inspired apoplexy.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #65
I have the same knee-jerk reaction to "I" instead of "me" even though most "me" in place of "I" mistakes don't bother me. I thnk it's because honest mistakes in English (or just not caring) don't bother me. I'm guilty myself. Pretension without actually using proper English is irritating.

—Alorael, who can always avoid that by speaking in the third person. He doesn't think anyone mixes up third person subjective and objective cases, heself.

Pages