Unique Item Locations.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Unique Item Locations.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #25
quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

Slith Warspear — Slith Altar — Savage Slith Lands
Girdle of Life — body in lizard cave — Savage Slith Lands
Charmed Plate — Tattooed Giant — Savage Slith Lands
Avenger’s Ring — Chief Gyasss — Savage Slith Lands

Where's the Savage Slith Lands, and how do you get there? The only "savage" Sliths I have encountered was across the river from Fort Dranlon (sp?) and then across the river again, using an underground tunnel.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #26
They are easy to miss. Even in my last game, I forgot to visit them when I was in the area and had to go back later.

To get there, look for a chitrach-infested tunnel just a bit NW of the Castle. You'll find the slith lands through some passages off to the NE when you pop back out. It's the area along the water a way north of the Castle, just like in previous Avernum games, but there is no main ground level way to get there now without boats.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #27
Originally by Synergy:

quote:
Runed Jade Necklace — Terror Aranea — Rentar’s Keep
Venomous Blade — Seno-Ihrno — Rentar’s Keep
Robe of the Magi — Garzahd (undead) — Rentar’s Keep
Hero’s Necklace — Vyvnas Bok — Rentar’s Keep
Crystalline Plate — Vahnatai Lord — Rentar’s Keep
Those last few items aren't really that useful, are they? Isn't Rentar's Keep the last place in the game?

Dikiyoba.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #28
Sure they're useful. They're just not useful for very long. :P

Oh, and there's another Robe of the Magi on the Lich in the ruins of Erika's Tower.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #29
Another intresting location. How would I get to the ruins of Erikas Tower?

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #30
From the tunnels that lead to Rentar-Ihrno's final fortress, head south instead of north. If you haven't been there, you've missed a major subquest.

[ Wednesday, January 04, 2006 16:39: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #31
Haven't actually finished the game yet, hehe.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 52
Profile Homepage #32
There's another Nullity Shield on an Aranea in caves south of Camp Samuels. The problem is they're friendly, so you have to murder them to get it. But when you murder them, you can also get past the one blocking the passage, to learn more Terror. I can't see another way to do this.

--------------------
Behind, the sea of time and space roars and follows swiftly
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #33
That brings up an interesting question. Do any friendly characters have significant item drops? Now I'm gonna have to go murder everyone I can find in the name of science...

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #34
quote:
Originally written by Istara:

There's another Nullity Shield on an Aranea in caves south of Camp Samuels. The problem is they're friendly, so you have to murder them to get it. But when you murder them, you can also get past the one blocking the passage, to learn more Terror. I can't see another way to do this.
I felt no guilt about killing them as I just assumed they were a Vahnatai experiment. ;) I was actually disappointed when I didn't find some labs behind them.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #35
Jeff seems to take perverse pleasure in presenting us with at least a couple of ugly moral dilemmas in each game. The player is rewarded only when taking the low road: theft, killing friendly spiders, etc. This disturbs me every time I do it, even if it is "just a game". I feel like I'm generating bad karmic energy on principle or something.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #36
Eh, I thought killing the cerebral worm was far worse than some aranea and giant spiders. The spiders are never friendly anywhere else, the cerebrous worm doesn't even exist anywhere else. :(
Or the bounty hunter missions. Those were bad too.
I believe on the second playthrough I'll become moral; the first time my goal is simply to complete every quest.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #37
Killing that ex-bandit in the Southeast region of the Great Cave to settle an old score didn't exactly made me feel good about myself.

Edit: An edit on that, and excuse my drunkness, anyone know if Starrus drop anything intresting? He damn-well better.

[ Thursday, January 05, 2006 17:06: Message edited by: Contra ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #38
Let us know if you take him out. Either way, be sure to raid his treasure room. It's good fun and good reward.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #39
Not much point killing Starrus, seeing as how doing so is fatal and all.

On the subject of dubious ways of earning treasure, there's the mage in the mines near Dharmon, whose claim you can jump to get a Wisdom Crystal (and a few other valuable crystals). He puts up quite a fight when you get back to him, lugging your ill-gotten gains around with you.

[ Thursday, January 05, 2006 18:13: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #40
I keep waiting to see some character (say... Hawkwind) who punishes you for looting his stuff.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 4448
Profile #41
quote:
Originally written by Contra:

Edit: An edit on that, and excuse my drunkness, anyone know if Starrus drop anything intresting? He damn-well better.
He has nothing worthwhile (I got a knife). Neither does anyone else important in the game. Out of every single powerful mage, priest, military leader or mayor, the best I got was a waveblade and some fine razordisks from Ghall-Ihrno. Most had nothing at all, a few had coins or basic items, General Marapova had a broadsword and armor (both poor quality, of course), and that commander at Fort Emerald had a sword. It's not even that challenging to murder everyone in Avernum; just make sure to save Starrus for last. It's kind of funny to see the dialogue that says you're overwhelmed by guards even though you just slaughtered every one of his subjects.

[ Thursday, January 05, 2006 19:41: Message edited by: Celchu ]

--------------------
Yeah, here's a sig. On to more posts...
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #42
How stupid. Back in the goold ol' days of Avernum soldiers and people dropped goods and weapons compared to their wealth and status. If you kill Empire soldiers, they will obviousle have steel weapons! Now if you kill someone you get a bronze broadsword, if anything at all.

Edit: And on the moral dilemma issues; Killing that Gremlin in the Eastern Gallery, the last remnant of an once great clan, wasn't very pleasant either.

[ Friday, January 06, 2006 03:48: Message edited by: Contra ]

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 52
Profile Homepage #43
quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

Jeff seems to take perverse pleasure in presenting us with at least a couple of ugly moral dilemmas in each game. The player is rewarded only when taking the low road: theft, killing friendly spiders, etc. This disturbs me every time I do it, even if it is "just a game". I feel like I'm generating bad karmic energy on principle or something.
The funny thing is, when I beta-tested, I don't remember having to kill them, but I think I remember finding that spell room. So either my memory is really bad, or perhaps he did change something? Probably the former ;)

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 52
Profile Homepage #44
Hmm... this could all be worth its own thread.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 52
Profile Homepage #45
Oh yeah - don't forget, with some Fine Leather and stuff you can get:

Runed Helm
Warrior's Cloak
Enchanter's Robe
Treated Leather

made up for you.

Oh - and I just found that Oliver, in Dharmon, is selling:

Cap of Thoughts (+3% Armour, +1 Magery, +1 Magical Efficiency)
Airy Vambraces (+4%, +5% Stun, =5% hit, +1 Gym, +2 Quick Strike)
Thrusting Gauntlets (+4% Armour, +1 Blademaster, +1 Lethal Blow)
Girdle of Might (+2 Strength)
Aranea Silk Tunic (+6% Armour, +8% Fire Resistance)

and Haldeman, in Dharmon, is selling:

Archer's Cloak (+3% Armour, +2 Bows, +2 Missiles, +1 Quick Action)
Spectre Robe (+10% Armour, +5% Energy, +20% Stun, +20% Mind, -4% Fire)

[ Saturday, January 07, 2006 08:17: Message edited by: Istara ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #46
Warrior's Cloak is probab ly the best fighter-cloak out there.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #47
Personally, I'd rather put the Infernal Shroud on a warrior.

--------------------
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #48
The Infernal Shroud is an extremely cool item, in my opinion, for its name and its provenance. I mean, compared to a Warrior's Cloak, I know which one I'd rather have to wear to a party, if only I got invited to those kind of parties. Too bad it doesn't have a better graphic. Jeff should have recolord the Crystalline Shroud to red and black, or something.

Hey, did we already mention the Spear of the Fens that you get from the Ogre Chieftain Uggluk? It's pretty good. I kept it until I got the Jade Halberd, I think.

[ Saturday, January 07, 2006 13:25: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #49
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Personally, I'd rather put the Infernal Shroud on a warrior.
Quoted for truth. I got the Warrior's Cloak right after reading how it was going to be awesome and was severely disappointed. In fact, I ended up putting it on my mage...both the Infernal Shroud (2 lethal blow, 1 anatomy) and the flowing silk cloak (1 each to parry and quick strike) beat the extra melee/pole, hardiness, and defense. :)

--------------------

Pages